Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hello everyone,
    this is my first post here having been introduced from the Asawa.org site by Walesrob - Thanks Rob !

My question is this. My wife came here in April 2004 on a Spouse Visa. This visa runs out on 20th April this year. What do I need to do next - I know I should contact the home office - but what am I asking for ? what type of visa is next ? I'm under the impression that she needs some other sort of paperwork for one more year and then after 3 years she can become a British citizen.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Andrew

Originally posted by Stereotongue@Jan 28 2006, 01:40 PM
    Hello everyone,
    this is my first post here having been introduced from the Asawa.org site by Walesrob - Thanks Rob !

My question is this. My wife came here in April 2004 on a Spouse Visa. This visa runs out on 20th April this year. What do I need to do next - I know I should contact the home office - but what am I asking for ? what type of visa is next ? I'm under the impression that she needs some other sort of paperwork for one more year and then after 3 years she can become a British citizen.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Andrew

Andrew welcome to the Forum and it was good of Rob to bring you over, well done Rob, baaaaa baaaa baaaaaa.

So what can you do next ?

Its time to apply for your wife's indefinate leave to remain, you should do so now, as you only have 3 months left to go, you will need to download the relevant form from the Home Office website, and pay the relevant fee with the supporting documents needed.

Then you wife should receive her passport back, with her UK Resident Visa, and she is no longer subject to Immigration controls.

I think you will find this website helpful, and should have all the relevant information you need.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/ho...__partners.html

I hope this helps, go ahead now, its time to apply, you have 3 months left until the current visa expires, I know of a friend recently who did this, his wife's passport came back nicely annotated with UK Residents visa.

Good Luck Andrew

Pete

Cheers Pete,

£335 again. Where does this government get off ????

Andrew

Banned
    Originally posted by Stereotongue@Jan 28 2006, 08:45 PM
    Cheers Pete,

£335 again. Where does this government get off ????
    Andrew
    Blimey, I'd better start saving for Elsas ready for March next year when her Spouse Visa expires.

Tell you what, its a nice little earner for the government, £280 for Spouse Visa, £335 for ILR. Value for money? Hmmm.. :o

Welcome to the forum Andrew..which part of Port Talbot you from? My younger brother runs the Mountain Bike Centre in Glyncorrwg not far from you..

Originally posted by walesrob@Jan 28 2006, 10:55 PM
    Blimey, I'd better start saving for Elsas ready for March next year when her Spouse Visa expires.

Tell you what, its a nice little earner for the government, £280 for Spouse Visa, £335 for ILR. Value for money? Hmmm.. :o

Welcome to the forum Andrew..which part of Port Talbot you from? My younger brother runs the Mountain Bike Centre in Glyncorrwg not far from you..

Two Points

1) TimeLine for ILR application

You can apply ONE MONTH before the due date - the reason I know is my wife will apply in March, having arrived in April

2) Timeline for Passport

As the wife of a British National your wife can apply for a Passport after three years from date of first entry - I believe she will need to take the new British Citizen Application exam -

and guess what - that costs more money tooooo !!

All these visa fees are just a way for the Government to create employment - they get folks like us to pay for something that we should be entitled to - by right -

wait for the revolution Citizens

Administrator
    Goverment puts the prices up every 12 months, usually 1000% over the inflation rate. Maybe this country is turning into the Philippines!!

Rome collapsed when taxation reached 10%! The UK is around 40% :o Singapore works out around 12%.....which begs the question.....why the hell do we still live here??
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Respected Member
    Originally posted by admin@Jan 30 2006, 10:12 AM
    Goverment puts the prices up every 12 months, usually 1000% over the inflation rate. Maybe this country is turning into the Philippines!!

Rome collapsed when taxation reached 10%! The UK is around 40% :o Singapore works out around 12%.....which begs the question.....why the hell do we still live here??
    I'm in the USA at the moment. Petrol is $2.30 a gallon, which is about 40 pence a LITRE. Wranglers jeans are $15 a pair: £8. A Ford F150 V8 truck is just over $11,000. In the UK you can barely buy a midget comedy Smart car for that

Why the hell do we have to get shafted so much in the UK? So they can pay a billion dollars a day to the EU to support Spain and Polands economy?? So we can fight somebody elses war in Iraq?? :huh:

The first and second world wars bankrupted the UK, so you think we'd learned a lesson or two? Naaaah! :unsure:

Blair brags we are one of the richest countries in the EU. So why do we have the crappiest pension scheme, the most expensive petrol and a failing NHS? :o

And lets not even discuss the bloody weather

When my wife finishes her nursing we are getting out, to Oz, Canada or the USA, but anywhere other than England.

Originally posted by Pauldo@Jan 30 2006, 04:44 PM
    I'm in the USA at the moment. Petrol is $2.30 a gallon, which is about 40 pence a LITRE. Wranglers jeans are $15 a pair: £8. A Ford F150 V8 truck is just over $11,000. In the UK you can barely buy a midget comedy Smart car for that

Why the hell do we have to get shafted so much in the UK? So they can pay a billion dollars a day to the EU to support Spain and Polands economy?? So we can fight somebody elses war in Iraq?? :huh:

The first and second world wars bankrupted the UK, so you think we'd learned a lesson or two? Naaaah! :unsure:

Blair brags we are one of the richest countries in the EU. So why do we have the crappiest pension scheme, the most expensive petrol and a failing NHS? :o

And lets not even discuss the bloody weather

When my wife finishes her nursing we are getting out, to Oz, Canada or the USA, but anywhere other than England.

We All AGREE - and believe that Oz will be best for you and your family

Please be sure to tell us your new address in (make sure it is Sydney or Perth or Brisbane) as we are all going to visit you from the Philippines and we dont want to be anywhere that the sound of a zipper can cause alarm ..

Respected Member
    Originally posted by mupsuit@Jan 30 2006, 07:36 PM
    ....we are all going to visit you from the Philippines and we dont want to be anywhere that the sound of a zipper can cause alarm ..
    Hmmm, you've lost me there :huh:

Administrator
    Originally posted by Pauldo@Jan 31 2006, 03:13 AM
    Not difficult at your age
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Originally posted by Pauldo@Jan 31 2006, 04:13 AM

perhaps I should have added ... "cause alarm to sheep" ... 'nuff said

Just on the cost point..... I phoned IND (08706 067 766) The cost for the settlement visa is £355.00 and can take up to 15 weeks BUT you can get in done in one day !! for the bargain price of £500. How can something that basically ends up as a stamp in your passport cost £500 ???? Most people earn less than that for 40 hours a week.
    SUX

Take care y'all
    Andrew

Respected Member
    Originally posted by mupsuit@Jan 31 2006, 06:34 PM
    perhaps I should have added ... "cause alarm to sheep" ... 'nuff said
    Hmm.

Still confused :unsure:

Maybe one of our Welsh brethren might have some idea?

Administrator
    The reason for the cost is that it is no longer a 'stamp', it is a published laser 3D holographic print.......very pretty indeed....and in centuries to come will sell on Ebay for 4p
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Thread Information