Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where Is Your Favourite Place In The Philippines?

If you had to recommended just one place for a stranger to visit in the Philippines, where would you tell him/her to go?

Remember, "Go to hell and mind your own business" is not an answer!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    depends what he /she is interested in doing/seeing

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    depends what he /she is interested in doing/seeing
    Doesn't matter, it's a place you love

P. Burgos Street, Makati...

Well,its got to be amazonia in on Del pilar No,i spent a few months down on sulu and jolo,usually staying at sitangkai,visiting tongtong across to sabah etc,happy days happy times.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    El Nido.

All depends what he's looking for

Nightlife : Boracay/Angeles City/Manila
    Beaches : Boracay/Puerto Galera
    Remote Beaches : Pangasinan
    Cities : Dumaguete/Tagaytay
    Attraction : Taal Volcano
    Provinces : Negros Oriental/Zambales/Pangasinan
    Island : Siquijor
    A Bit of Everything : Bohol

Missed camiguin,samal,and little talikud,and my fave city home sweet home Davao

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Anywhere in the mountain jungle...playing at Bear Grylls.

Trusted Member
    Chilling out on a deserted Pangasinan beach ?

On my travels with my wife several years ago the places I liked most were Bohol and Bantayan Island which was very much like Boracay before it got developed. But my wife comes from a small island called Calintaan that has a really nice beach. Check out the link below and google Subic beach Calintaan.

http://riderako.com/2014/03/24/subic...tnog-sorsogon/

No roads or vehicles, no running water, no hotels, only very recently electricity. There is a nearby volcano called Mt Bulusan that I have seen cough covering a large area with ash, and also most of the Typhoons go straight over the island. The people living there live a hard life mostly buy and sell fruit and fish. And because it is at the very end of Luzon not many foreign or even Filipino tourists ever go there.The nearest tourist destinations are Legaspi for Mount Mayon and Donsol for the whale shark. Now more and more of these tourists are coming to Calintaan and spending a day / night there camping under the stars.
    The four of us are flying out tonight for 2 weeks. First time ever with Air China (not expecting much but hey only cost Ł420 a ticket) Fly to Manila, fly to Legaspi, 2 hours on a service to Matnog and finally 30 minutes on a Banca to Calintaan Island. There is nothing at all there for me to do except chill out on the beach, drink beer and read some books. Fir two weeks I live on fresh fish and San Mig light. After a few days of this I go to Sorsogon for Jollibee with all of the relatives and their many many kids. They eat chicken, rice and spaghetti and I buy DIY stuff. This years project is to repaint the tin roof of the family house. In return for the Jollibee they do the painting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenky View Post
    On my travels with my wife several years ago the places I liked most were Bohol and Bantayan Island which was very much like Boracay before it got developed. But my wife comes from a small island called Calintaan that has a really nice beach. Check out the link below and google Subic beach Calintaan.

http://riderako.com/2014/03/24/subic...tnog-sorsogon/

No roads or vehicles, no running water, no hotels, only very recently electricity. There is a nearby volcano called Mt Bulusan that I have seen cough covering a large area with ash, and also most of the Typhoons go straight over the island. The people living there live a hard life mostly buy and sell fruit and fish. And because it is at the very end of Luzon not many foreign or even Filipino tourists ever go there.The nearest tourist destinations are Legaspi for Mount Mayon and Donsol for the whale shark. Now more and more of these tourists are coming to Calintaan and spending a day / night there camping under the stars.
    The four of us are flying out tonight for 2 weeks. First time ever with Air China (not expecting much but hey only cost Ł420 a ticket) Fly to Manila, fly to Legaspi, 2 hours on a service to Matnog and finally 30 minutes on a Banca to Calintaan Island. There is nothing at all there for me to do except chill out on the beach, drink beer and read some books. Fir two weeks I live on fresh fish and San Mig light. After a few days of this I go to Sorsogon for Jollibee with all of the relatives and their many many kids. They eat chicken, rice and spaghetti and I buy DIY stuff. This years project is to repaint the tin roof of the family house. In return for the Jollibee they do the painting!
    Sounds wonderful

Bon voyage and enjoy to the max

Itbayat Island in Batanes

The most magical and spellbinding place I ever visited anywhere, with local people to match.

For anyone who has an idea to jump off the world and disappear into paradise.
    Not everyone's cup of tea and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to return but given that chance I grab it with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

The most magical and spellbinding place I ever visited anywhere, with local people to match.

Not everyone's cup of tea and I doubt I'll ever get the chance to return but given that chance I grab it with both hands.
    Get back up there Peter. It's only up the road from where you're at.

Have not found it yet i am sure, but Virgin island is a wow for a few hours, Tagatay too

Madame Gandapwit's house of negotiable love, Quezon City

Trusted Member
    Virgin Island ?

That would be a first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Virgin Island ?

That would be a first for me.
    Is that where all of the dead suicide bombers think they are going? Surely it would be better to just fly there without using a bomb of any kind. It is not that much of a life being a dead suicide bomber.

Trusted Member

I've just come back from two of the most beautiful places. Nacpan Beach in El Nido and Kalanggaman Island in Leyte. The latter is the best island I've been to in the Phils to date. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

I may be going to Batanes next year if I can find a promo. Usual price for a return flight from Manila is not far shy of Ł200 which is just too expensive for a short flight.

My favorite place in the Philippines is Cebu City I feel very safe there and also the people in Cebu City is very religious. The beaches is very close to the City all the adventures is very close in Cebu City too. You can take a motorbike joyride to go to Busay road awesome view very nice fresh air. other than Cebu I don't feel safe in Manila, and Mindanao.

Quote Originally Posted by yulie & jeff View Post
    My favorite place in the Philippines is Cebu City I feel very safe there and also the people in Cebu City is very religious. The beaches is very close to the City all the adventures is very close in Cebu City too. You can take a motorbike joyride to go to Busay road awesome view very nice fresh air. other than Cebu I don't feel safe in Manila, and Mindanao.
    I actually feel safer in mindanao than anywhere else in pinas,but i dont find cebu threatening even at night around junquera,it is what it is.

We are hoping to travel to many many places once we get there and stay where we think is nice for ever how long we want too, then move on to the next, I am sure there is going to be places that we both would want to see and again places were we both would want to get out very quickly.
    But we are hoping to do this in our own vehicle and in our own time.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Siquijor

Siquijor michael?You probably went there the same time i did,late 80's-early 90's and there was no paved road around it and no private cars?When brian and lucky had paradise beach at sandugan?

Never been to Siquijor but i have l lots of friends in dumagetee, if thats how you spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Siquijor michael?You probably went there the same time i did,late 80's-early 90's and there was no paved road around it and no private cars?When brian and lucky had paradise beach at sandugan?
    Its nice meeting up with folk on your holidays and its even better if you can still see them when you get back too.
    I wonder how many folk has seen me on my hols but did not say anything

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Its nice meeting up with folk on your holidays and its even better if you can still see them when you get back too.
    I wonder how many folk has seen me on my hols but did not say anything
    I normally size people up first,depends how they look,friendly persona then yes sure i will chat

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I normally size people up first,depends how they look,friendly persona then yes sure i will chat
    Many times i have been sitting or walking and coming towards me is a English gent or white person " take your pick". and our eyes will meet and then a nod from me and then all of a sudden the bloke will look away. must be my big ears that he was looking at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information