Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    I wish they'd hunt some of the morons who breed and keep Pit Bull Terriers.

I reckon hunting Tories should be introduced.

First up, George Osborne.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by KeithD View Post

I know from experience it is the small dogs that attack more. They are more aggressive due to their size.
    ... (or lack thereof) ... just like some - not all - folk of diminutive stature I've had the misfortune to have come across during my three-score-years-and ten.

It's not just size but reputation too. The Staffordshire Terrier has a bad reputation, but this is because of the idiotic owners who don't treat them properly. According to the Kennel Club, Staffies are the best breed to be around children, hence the nickname the 'nanny dog'.

Trusted Member
    Staffies (proper ones) are a very different temperament from American Pitbulls. ...also about half the size.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Used to go hare coursing as a kid..Never saw a hare caught..Ever!
    After the ban ,really missed the hunt trotting through the lane via our little Lincolnshire hamlet..
    All the huntsmen tipped their hats at us when passing the cottage..Real decent English gentlemen in my book.
    Damned fox once ripped open 12 of my Mums layer hens in a single night..Didn't eat one of them..Just ripped em up for fun and left them..Blood and feathers everywhere..Talk about barbaric.
    Leave countryside management to country people and restore that part of our heritage I say!!
    People that live in city`s should not have a say IMO.
    Well said, Fred try and ban cock fighting in the Philippines you will get a 45 in the back of the head. This is the real world here. There are more foxes in the cities now because people leave their rubbish out in black bags.

Well said, Fred try and ban cock fighting in the Philippines you will get a 45 in the back of the head.
    England used to have cock fighting back in the day.. A local handler here once asked me to do some research to see if the old breeds still exists and bring them to the P.I!!
    He reckoned they might do well in a Texas derby.
    Seriously though,now that I live in this country,I have to accept their laws and traditions which I have always done... like you say,interfere over here with a national pastime and watch your life expectancy decrease drastically.
    Cock fighting is so accepted as norm here that they even have it regularly on the T.V..
    If a foreigner started a petition over here there is a good chance he/she would be blacklisted from the country!!
    Quite right too.

Petition signed.

I'm totally against fox hunting, I may be a city dweller but it's a cruel event. Not needed in this day and age. Years ago I did see a bullfight - wish I hadn't

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I'm totally against fox hunting, I may be a city dweller but it's a cruel event. Not needed in this day and age. Years ago I did see a bullfight - *wish I hadn't
    ... *BET you do! I am ...'totally agin' these needlessly barbaric, cruel & bloodthirsty so~called "sports" too!

Here's another petition where more people have signed! The first site I posted is only targeting 20,000 signatures, but this one has more than 201,000 signatures!

https://www.change.org/p/david-camer...-fox-hunting-2

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... *BET you do! I am ...'totally agin' these needlessly barbaric, cruel & bloodthirsty so~called "sports" too!
    It's not sport Arthur, it's tortures execution!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Another lovely Avatar Rayna!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Another lovely Avatar Rayna!
    Thank you!

I just had my haircut today (that's my new look) paid for by my sister!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Its not sport Arthur, its tortures execution!
    yet again, Michael ... hence my insertion of sports in "quotes".

Really any government which would waste their time debating this, really would have their priorities wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    sometimes I think it's good to bring it back, when I read something like this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mley-home.html
    You are aware the RSPB killed more fox last year than any single hunt pack

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    You are aware the RSPB killed more fox last year than any single hunt pack
    Didn't know that ... though I'd imagine such culls are carried out in order to protect birdlife - notably hens, chickens, ducks, geese, etc - NOT for toffs' "entertainment", and therein lies the difference!

The RSPB couldnt give two hoots....owl joke....about hens chickens and ducks arthur,their fox culls were at bird reserves,but playing devils advocate here,why should a wildlife protection charity decide what creature should die so another can live as a point of interest the biggest killer of fox in this country is mange closely followed by cars.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Didn't know that ... though I'd imagine such culls are carried out in order to protect birdlife - notably hens, chickens, ducks, geese, etc - NOT for toffs' "entertainment", and therein lies the difference!
    ... moreover, conducted humanely ... without the foxes being [literally] ripped to pieces by a pack of savage, baying hounds.

......toffs' "entertainment".....
    Horse racing,it involves a degree of animal cruelty some say,and toffs love it,should it be banned

... moreover, conducted humanely ... without the foxes being ripped to pieces by a pack of savage, baying hounds.
    Have you ever seen dogs take a fox,arthur,your words indicate to me you havent,average dog fox weighs 7 kilo's,death is VERY quick,the hounds are no more savage than the average family alsation,they bay or give tongue as its known because thats their nature,its an emotive subject because its connection with the upper echelons of society,class war is still alive and kicking

I wonder if all these anti fox hunting, toff hating people have the same attitude towards ferreting

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The RSPB couldnt give two hoots....owl joke....about hens chickens and ducks arthur,their fox culls were at bird reserves,but playing devils advocate here,why should a wildlife protection charity decide what creature should die so another can live as a point of interest the biggest killer of fox in this country is mange closely followed by cars.

Good post.. Townies have no clue how to manage the country side... If their Sunday roast chicken aint wrapped up nicely in cling film headless with their neck skin neatly tucked in at the supermarket (blood free),I doubt they would know how it was processed!!
    If they see how their beef and Pork arrived from start to finish till they buy it in neatly packed film I assure you..There will be petitions from here till Timbuktu!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I wonder if all these anti fox hunting, toff hating people have the same attitude towards ferreting
    i used to ferret all the time as a kid to put food on the table,my grandad used to take me out on freezing winters mornings,happy times,rabbit and mushroom pie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I used to have Ferrets and Polecats.. We either used purse nets or lurchers to finish the job.
    Get that fresh wild Rabbit in the pot I say!!!!
    Cant beat an ole fashioned Rabbit stew.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I used to have Ferrets and Polecats.. We either used purse nets or lurchers to finish the job.
    Get that fresh wild Rabbit in the pot I say!!!!
    Cant beat an ole fashioned Rabbit stew.
    That's disgusting, how could you eat poor old Peter Rabbit

Nothing wrong with a nice cut of veal with a foie gras starter though

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information