Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Tories want to repeal the Hunting Act

Please sign and share to prevent this!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...y_Hunt_Return/
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

done

I wonder if there's a similar petition in the Philippines to ban cock fighting

one rule for the wealthy another rule for the poor

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    The petition is not about the Philippines... Although I know a lot of animal charities in the Philippines who do their best to protect and fight for the animals rights (I used to donate to them when I could still afford it). Considering the UK is a 1st world country and as lots of you here say, is not barbaric like the rest of the 3rd world, your elected government is willing to do this just to please their rich friends and benefactors.

There has been a hunting meeting (or whatever you call that) a few months ago here where we live and I can't stop Keith using expletives as we passed them by!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hmm ... ... dunno, Simon. But there sure as hell, ought to be!

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Please sign and share to prevent this!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...y_Hunt_Return/
    ... count me in!

The petition is not about the Philippines... Although I know a lot of animal charities in the Philippines who do their best to protect and fight for the animals rights (I used to donate to them when I could still afford it). Considering the UK is a 1st world country and as lots of you here say, is not barbaric like the rest of the 3rd world, your elected government is willing to do this just to please their rich friends and benefactors.

There has been a hunting meeting (or whatever you call that) a few months ago here where we live and I can't stop Keith using expletives as we passed them by!

I was asking a question, not picking a fight

If I had asked if there was a similar petition about bull fighting in Spain or Mexico, I wonder if you would have reacted so strongly

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    one rule for the wealthy another rule for the poor
    Not quite sure what you mean.

I was asking a question, not picking a fight

If I had asked if there was a similar petition about bull fighting in Spain or Mexico, I wonder if you would have reacted so strongly
    Yes, I've signed a petition in the past.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Oh and I'm not picking a fight with you Simon. Not worth my time and I'm not even bothered with you.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Oh and I'm not picking a fight with you Simon. Not worth my time and I'm not even bothered with you.
    Hey, we agree on something

A lot of areas in Spain have now banned bull fighting due to public pressure.

There is a lot of cock fighting in this country, as they are all dicks in the Houses of Parliament
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean.
    well its the wealthy mans sport fox hunting

Used to go hare coursing as a kid..Never saw a hare caught..Ever!
    After the ban ,really missed the hunt trotting through the lane via our little Lincolnshire hamlet..
    All the huntsmen tipped their hats at us when passing the cottage..Real decent English gentlemen in my book.
    Damned fox once ripped open 12 of my Mums layer hens in a single night..Didn't eat one of them..Just ripped em up for fun and left them..Blood and feathers everywhere..Talk about barbaric.
    Leave countryside management to country people and restore that part of our heritage I say!!
    People that live in city`s should not have a say IMO.

TOUCHE Fox hunting the fox either gets away or the hounds break it up pretty quick,sabong isnt quite so black and white,the dice is loaded thanks to the tari both are social events,neither offend me.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

But the odd's are the hunting ban will stay in place,far too many dont want hunting with hounds brought back,i never minded it,and liked listening to the pack work a line,the bear-baiting i saw in pakistan was 1000X worse.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

sometimes I think it's good to bring it back, when I read something like this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mley-home.html

Urban fox will,a hunt would never have bothered him,cage trap and despatch,or rimmie and NV is the best treatment,discrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Urban fox will,a hunt would never have bothered him,cage trap and despatch,or rimmie and NV is the best treatment,discrete.
    try telling that to the child's parents.

Thousands of kids every year are attacked and disfigured by dogs, which also kill the odd on. No fox has ever killed a child, nor are attacks prevalent. We should first be calling on having all dogs put down instead of the local wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
    Thousands of kids every year are attacked and disfigured by dogs, which also kill the odd on. No fox has ever killed a child, nor are attacks prevalent. We should first be calling on having all dogs put down instead of the local wildlife.
    keith, its tragic that any child has to lose there life, being attacked by a wild animal or a dog, but you properly find that most of the dogs that attack children are banned breeds like Pit Bull Terrier that are not aloud in the uk or abused dogs. its the owns that that's responsible, not the dog.

will

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    sometimes I think it's good to bring it back, when I read something like this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mley-home.html
    From that article: "Miss Murphy said the family believed the fox had come in through the back door of their Housing Association property, which had a faulty lock that staff had allegedly refused to repair."

Why can't they put a temporary lock? It's so easy to do. Or did they leave it open??? And where was the mother?

From that article again: "
    It's a problem that we humans have created, it's not the fox's doing....The thing is, more and more now, people are feeding them and encouraging them to come close."

There are people here who say Halal food/meal are barbaric and inhumane, and then some here agree with fox hunting, which is also inhumane. What's the difference?
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    keith, its tragic that any child has to lose there life, being attacked by a wild animal or a dog, but you properly find that most of the dogs that attack children are banned breeds like Pit Bull Terrier that are not aloud in the uk or abused dogs. its the owns that that's responsible, not the dog.

will
    Here are the top 10 breeds by number of reported attacks:

1. Dachshunds
    2. Chihuahua
    3. Jack Russell
    4. Australian Cattle Dog
    5. Cocker Spaniel
    6. Beagle
    7. Border Collie
    8. Pit Bull Terrier
    9. Great Dane
    10. English Springer Spaniel

The NHS reports around 100 'severe' dog attacks every week.

Here are the top 10 breeds by number of reported attacks:

1. Dachshunds
    2. Chihuahua
    3. Jack Russell
    4. Australian Cattle Dog
    5. Cocker Spaniel
    6. Beagle
    7. Border Collie
    8. Pit Bull Terrier
    9. Great Dane
    10. English Springer Spaniel

The NHS reports around 100 'severe' dog attacks every week.

In what country

Link please

In what country

Link please
    UK.

Find it yourself if you don't trust me.

I know from experience it is the small dogs that attack more. They are more aggressive due to their size. Ask any vet, they'll agree.

This is a good piece http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/...-attacks/17727 Less than 4% of deaths are by banned dogs.

UK.

Find it yourself if you don't trust me.

I know from experience it is the small dogs that attack more. They are more aggressive due to their size. Ask any vet, they'll agree.

This is a good piece http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/...-attacks/17727 Less than 4% of deaths are by banned dogs.
    Small dogs attack more, I don't disagree. Number 9 on your list was a Great Dane

My aunt has a dachshund and we (anyone other than my aunt's family and helpers) can't get near her. She's one furious dog and we don't dare try to pet or even feed her at all. But my dog (poodle/mongrel mix) liked everyone when he was still alive. He bit a kid (neighbour) once but that was because the kid was running and accidentally stepped on him while he was lying down sleeping in front of our door, hence he snapped. I think it was only Keith that made him get mad a lot wheneve he sees him.
    -=rayna.keith=-

my point is you would not leave both children who are under 2years old with a dog or a family member who has a dog, what ever breed it is, the owner is the one responsible if it bites someone or attacks some one not the dog.

this is what is says on your link..

An 11-month girl is the latest child to be mauled to death by a dog.

Ava-Jayne Corless was in bed at a house in Blackburn, Lancashire, on Monday when she was attacked by what police described as an American pitbull-type dog.

Fox Attacks compared to other attacks (i.e. dogs, cats, etc.)..

http://www.uk-wildlife.co.uk/fox-att...d-the-numbers/

-=rayna.keith=-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information