Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

renewal of schengen visa

hello everyone. i just need some advice.

im renewing my schengen visa thursday at the portuguese embassy. booked my appointment already and have my confirmation letter. my last schengen visa was issued in dubai last year by the french consulate which was valid for 90 days multiple entry. this is my first time to apply in the uk for the s. visa.

several things actually and they are the following:

1. number of entries requested: would it be alright if i tick on multiple even though im only submitting booking for portugal? we do intend to go to paris and malta 1st quarter of 2008.

2. visa is requested for:______days: if i write 90 days would it not be taken against me since our holiday in portugal is only for a week?

3. i just opened a bank account, i havent even recieved a bank statement (not that theres much in it anyway). is it alright (not considered a negative point) if i submit my husbands bank statement since hes funding the trip anyway (i know they require documentary eveidence of funds)

4. our holiday has inclusive trvale incurance already or do they require something like independent insurance (if thats what its called). my previous applications i have always bought separate insurance.

i have our marriage certificate attested by the cfo and the phil embassy in london, got a letter from my employer as well so thats all good. i will even bring my nbi clearance for europe (valid for a year) just in case they require police registration certificate. they dont have it on the list but will bring bens passport and photocopy as well.

looking forward to hearing from all of you!!!!

I don't know what Portugal Embassy will do, but you can request a multiple entry 90 days visa and I think you will get it.
    As married to a UK resident and settled in the UK you should not have big difficulties to get it. It's far easier than getting it from outside E.U. countries.

For the NBI clearance, I do not think they will require it (Same even being still a Filipino Citizen, you're not in the Philippines). But it's always better to have more papers than required when going at the Embassy, just in case you need it.

Just remember that this visa will be a Schengen visa and will allow you to travel within all Schengen countries only and not in all Europe.

Schengen countries are:Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and since March 2001: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
    Switzerland even not a Schengen country recognize it too:
    With a valid Schengen visa, no separate visa for Switzerland is required provided the following conditions are fulfilled:

1)Passport holder must have a valid, unrestricted, single/multi-entry Schengen visa*
    2)The trip is intended for either the following purpose:
    - tourism
    - visit
    - business
    - medical treatment & cure
    - participation in science, cultural, religious or sports activities
    - temporary coverage by media
    - company training
    - transport of goods/persons in or through Switzerland (transit) by a driver of foreign
    registered company
    3)Max. period of stay: up to 3 months depend on Schengen visa's validity and total stay
    Best regards.
    Yves

london well away from those people up norf
    All you need is your passports, marriage cert i think if the partner of a brit. But it is best to know where you would be going, have some bank details, proof of address.

Im sure your be fine. Just ask for the full 90 days say you wish to spend several weekends and or weeks over there.

Make sure you have the address of a hotel in case they ask like the french.

Remeber you have a great love of portugal and wish to vist lots of places but can only manage weekends etc.
    That or your hubby hopes to play golf out there regularly or are looking at buying a holiday home there.

Respected Member
    it was very smooth inside the potuguese consulate. i was in and out in 30mins. they had a very comfortable waiting area. submitted my docs and there was no questions asked.

collecting the result on dec 21 as it takes 22 days to process.

will let you know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by eula mackay View Post
    it was very smooth inside the potuguese consulate. i was in and out in 30mins. they had a very comfortable waiting area. submitted my docs and there was no questions asked.

collecting the result on dec 21 as it takes 22 days to process.

will let you know the result.

Your be fine Eula all the european embassies with phill nationals and a number of others have to do further checks. As long as your not a terriost or a gangster (im not sure if a gooner is acceptable ) your be fine.

It will be a case of popping in and picking up the passport.

One embassy i can tell you that is very quiet is the finnish embassy happened to have visted it on a number of occasions on bussiness and never much of a crowd the most i have seen is three people but not sure how they process their schgen visa applications.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Your be fine Eula all the european embassies with phill nationals and a number of others have to do further checks. As long as your not a terriost or a gangster (im not sure if a gooner is acceptable ) your be fine.

It will be a case of popping in and picking up the passport.

One embassy i can tell you that is very quiet is the finnish embassy happened to have visted it on a number of occasions on bussiness and never much of a crowd the most i have seen is three people but not sure how they process their schgen visa applications.
    thing is they did not even keep my passport. i was told to just bring it on the 21st to collect the decision. my last application was with the french embassy (or was it the consulate) in dubai and they kept my passport the whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by eula mackay View Post
    thing is they did not even keep my passport. i was told to just bring it on the 21st to collect the decision. my last application was with the french embassy (or was it the consulate) in dubai and they kept my passport the whole time!
    Thats good, so i guess you will have to hang around to get the stamp done?

Respected Member
    got it today exactly how i wanted it to be!

gave them my passport and it was handed back to me in 10mins. very quick!

time to escape the weather here for atleast a week!

Thread Information