Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: ILR Approved

ILR Approved

I am pleased to confirm that my wife has been granted ILR, it took 3 months but the anomaly with her passport middle name and that on our marriage certificate being different appears to have not caused a problem and late submission of the passport was also accepted as her application was submitted prior to the expiry of her FLR.
    One question we have is that the ILR has an expiry date of 2024, can we assume this has to be renewed then unless we go down the UK citizen route which would then override any expiry date ?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    I am pleased to confirm that my wife has been granted ILR, it took 3 months but the anomaly with her passport middle name and that on our marriage certificate being different appears to have not caused a problem and late submission of the passport was also accepted as her application was submitted prior to the expiry of her FLR.
    One question we have is that the ILR has an expiry date of 2024, can we assume this has to be renewed then unless we go down the UK citizen route which would then override any expiry date ?
    Yes. But it's only the BRP card that has to be replaced and not re-applying the ILR.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Yes. But it's only the BRP card that has to be replaced and not re-applying the ILR.
    So for the avoidance of doubt Rayna, if she applies for and gets British citizenship, the BRP card then becomes irrelevant ?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    So for the avoidance of doubt Rayna, if she applies for and gets British citizenship, the BRP card then becomes irrelevant ?

Yes, you're correct.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Malcolm ... congratulations on your wife's ILR. Please note, I have moved the relevant post containing the query you've raised in it to a separate thread of its own for two reasons, viz-

1. So that others can congratulate you BOTH on your success, and

2. So that others about to reach the same stage will also be able to read Rayna's answer to your question.

I am pleased to confirm that my wife has been granted ILR......
    Many congratulations

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations to you and your wife, well done!

Well done, great news.
    This is more information that i will be needing as long as things do not change again too much.

Many thanks for all the good wishes, next is the citizenship application and I see that has gone up in price this month to £1005, quite disgraceful how we are being fleeced by our government

Thread Information