Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

30 day visa extension for spouse visa

visa accepted BUT!!!!
    If you applied from outside the UK
    When your leave is granted, you’ll be issued a 30 day vignette. The vignette is valid for 30 days from the date you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).

You’ll have to apply for another 30 day visa if you don’t travel within that 30 days.

Your decision letter will tell you:

when your BRP will be available
    which Post Office branch you can collect it from
    You must bring your passport or travel document with your vignette when you collect your BRP. You should also bring your decision letter.

did not receive the letter which i take it would have had the MUST USE BY 30 DAYS
    WELL I BOOKED TRIPS TO HER PROVINCE etc and book a holiday for me then our return trip to uk
    so knew nothing about having to use it within 30 days or the biometric card from a post office

but although it says you can extend the 30 day visa
    it does not say how wherte who you apply to extend it
    HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS, AND KNOWS HOW TO EXTEND THE VISA

So are you saying when the spouse visa Is granted you have to travel to the UK within 30 days or apply for this thirty day thing again.

I am just about to start the spouse visa process so I hope you get this sorted and it's kinda important I also understand this.

Respected Member
    yea thats what it says, but i did not see that , so i booked a holiday to her province with her to see her family then a couplec weeks that takes us to 42 days
    then see .... about 30 days , but can not see how to extend and its impossiable getting a answer

Respected Member
    just a thought that seeing it is a new rule out in march and i applied in feb , maybe thats why no letter and the 30 day rule about using the visa does not apply

As far as I understand it, this only applies to applications from the Philippines from May 31st 2015 under phase 3 of the UKVI Biometric Residence Permit – International Rollout Schedule

Spurs, are you stating that this new BRP protocol was applied to your wife's application and subsequent granting of her visa ?
    Did your wife have the new 30 Day travel vignette in her passport ?

If there was no travel vignette and no approval letter from UKVI then it has not yet been applied.

Please let us all know the status for your wife's passport vignette.

Here's a link to the forum sticky on this topic :-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ute-Applicants

We are waiting for comments from the OP Spurs as to the exact status of his wife's visa and BRP as the official line from UKVI is that this does not apply in Philippines until 31 May

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    ... applies to applications from the Philippines from May 31st 2015 ...
    Aw Jeez ... not a further requirement!

Quote Originally Posted by spurs View Post
    visa accepted BUT!!!!
    If you applied from outside the UK
    When your leave is granted, you’ll be issued a 30 day vignette. The vignette is valid for 30 days from the date you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date).

You’ll have to apply for another 30 day visa if you don’t travel within that 30 days.

Your decision letter will tell you:

when your BRP will be available
    which Post Office branch you can collect it from
    You must bring your passport or travel document with your vignette when you collect your BRP. You should also bring your decision letter.

did not receive the letter which i take it would have had the MUST USE BY 30 DAYS
    WELL I BOOKED TRIPS TO HER PROVINCE etc and book a holiday for me then our return trip to uk
    so knew nothing about having to use it within 30 days or the biometric card from a post office

but although it says you can extend the 30 day visa
    it does not say how wherte who you apply to extend it
    HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS, AND KNOWS HOW TO EXTEND THE VISA
    don't think it has come in yet for the Philippines until 31st may, like terpe has said? I hope

if I do not travel within the 30 days given on the transit visa? You will have to apply for
    another transit visa, if you do not travel within the 30 days’ validity period.

will

When the ruling is applied here in the Philippines it really means the applicants will need to take a bit more of a serious approach to stating their planned travel dates.

The 30 day vignette is based around the stated travel date on the application.
    It's not related to the date of application so in principle it shouldn't be a major issue under normal circumstances.

Well that's the theory anyway

When the ruling is applied here in the Philippines it really means the applicants will need to take a bit more of a serious approach to stating their planned travel dates.
    I agree, but what if you have to sell your apartment or house, or you need to give 1 months notice to leave your job. just another issue we need to deal.....never ending.

will

Newbie (Restricted Access) akda2331's Avatar

The 30 day vignette is based around the stated travel date on the application.
    It's not related to the date of application so in principle it shouldn't be a major issue under normal circumstances.

Well that's the theory anyway
    Hi Terpe, May I ask for your help regarding the vignette transfer? I am really in need of guidance. I am hoping that you could help me through this? I am still here in the Philippines but may not be able to travel before my 30day vignette expires, since my agency here in the Philippines is under the process of license renewal at POEA. My employer adviced me to extend my visa. Please, I need some help. thank you very much!

Thread Information