Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Deferred Visa application.

Anybody have experience like this?

This time is additional to do for my husband.

Now my Darling is now in UK. He will send these documents by post/courier from the UK to manila embassy?

Question: do you think this is safe for us to do?

I need great wisdom now! Hehehe

Please note that you should send these documents within ten (10) working days from the date of this notification through any of the following methods. Documents exceeding 10 pages must be sent either in person or post/ courier ONLY

(a) EMAIL - scanned original documents to Manila.Deferrals@fco.gov.uk Please quote the subject heading of your email - DEFERRED APPLICATION: MNL/1175484 + 1

(b) IN PERSON - at the Visa Application Centre (VAC)

(c) FAX - to 00632 858 2305. Please ensure that you quote your online application number on the top left hand corner of the documents.

(d) POST / COURIER - addressed to UK Visas and Immigration, MNL/1175484 British Embassy Manila, 120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City, Philippines 1634. Please ensure that you quote your reference number/online application number in the top left corner of the courier envelope.

We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days unless you have availed of our priority service. Please note that it may not be possible to make a decision on your application within these service standards due to the need for further documents to be submitted. We will notify you once your application has been decided.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

My first choice would be to Fax the documents, and as a back up, I would also email the documents. both of these choices mean that they would receive the documents immediately.
    I wouldnt even consider the courier/post option, and there is no need to visit the VAC unless they request it.

It's a Good idea thank you! But as I look the documents they told us to do to provided my application. These is a lot! do you think all these documents we will provide all? And I could think this will not finish within 10 working days. They just giving us limited time for these.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

The caseworkers need further / additional evidence in order to decide your application.
    Either some mandatory documents are missing or are unclear in the compliance criteria.

You have been given the 10 days in which to supply the needed documents. This is UKVI standard procedure in these cases.

I urge you and your husband to give No.1 priority to getting those documents onto the desk of the caseworker.
    Failure to do so will mean your application will likely fall for refusal.

Send the documents by the fastest acceptable method.
    'Electronically' is accepted so do that.
    As Harry suggests Fax and e-mail with scanned images will give the fastest reliable route and provide you and your husband the maximum time to secure the requested evidence.

Good luck
    It sound like a positive outcome if you can send exactly the evidence they need to verify.

Many Thanks to you Terpe. I will share your advise to my husband. This would help and to Harry thank you!

Anna

I have been talking to my husband last night.

The case worker has his original documents to support my visa application. But my husband think he still need to send letter asking why they not look at savings and bank statements. The documents they request is a big task, he need to rely a solicitors and accountants to obtain for him, we will do our best.
    My husband making a letter to asked for an extension on the allowed time and explained his situation.

Ann, is your husband self-employed ?

Savings cannot be combined with other income if relying on self-employment income.

Yes my husband is a self employed.

I will post here their email to me. It's just so hard if we just depend our own thoughts , we need an adviser from here to obtain my visa, we work so hard for these, plenty of efforts, just to obtain a visa, for the 3rd visas I previously applied before there is no problem.

I hope this is a successful journey.

Dear Xxxxx

You have applied to settle in the UK with your husband/sponsor xxxxxxx a British citizen. You have indicated in Appendix 2 FM that you intend meeting the financial requirement through the self employment of your sponsor; other non employment income and cash savings. Cash savings cannot be combined with self-employment income, or with income from employment as a director of a specified limited company in the UK.

The evidence you have provided is incomplete and unclear. Your sponsor has stated he retired from GD Environmental Services Ltd and Marhaven Properties Ltd 8 years ago and both of those businesses are now run by his son. However he is claiming regular income from them ie. £1000 per month from GD Environmental and a yearly amount from Marhaven. Please provide information as to what these amounts represent and why he is receiving them. In addition he has stated he will be receiving an amount of £25,000 from Marhaven but no evidence has been provided to show that that amount has been paid into his bank account.

Only cash savings which are held in a current or savings account at a bank or building society for the required period of 6 months prior to the date of application and which are immediately accessible can be included. Given that the application includes a dependent you need to provide evidence of £22,400 income or £72,000 in cash savings.
    The investment and pension accounts cannot be included as there is no evidence that they are immediately available nor are they being held in a current or savings account. They would have to be converted to cash in a bank in order to be included.

Your sponsor has also claimed income from property rental however no evidence of ownership of property; rental agreement or payment of rent paid into his bank account has been provided. The financial statements show that your sponsor is still a director of Marhaven Properties Ltd. If in fact he is receiving income from his position as a director you need to provide the following:

(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment from HMRC.
    (ii) Evidence of registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.
    (iii) If the company is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year.
    (iv) If company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006); (v) Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as Company Tax Return CT600.
    (vi) A current Appointment Report from Companies House.
    (vii) One of the following documents must also be provided:
    (1) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or a print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year.
    (2) Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.
    (3) Original proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number. This evidence may be in the form of a certified copy of the documentation issued by HMRC.

(c) Where the person is listed as a director of the company and receives a salary from the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
    (i) Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600.
    (ii) Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

(d)Where the person receives dividends from the company, all of the following documents must also be provided:
    (i) Dividend vouchers for all dividends declared in favour of the person during or in respect of the period covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 showing the company’s and the person’s details with the person’s net dividend amount and tax credit.
    (ii) Personal bank statement(s) showing that those dividends were paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

Please note that you should send these documents within ten (10) working days from the date of this notification through any of the following methods. Documents exceeding 10 pages must be sent either in person or post/ courier ONLY

(a) EMAIL - scanned original documents to Manila.Deferrals@fco.gov.uk Please quote the subject heading of your email - DEFERRED APPLICATION: MNL/1175484 + 1

(b) IN PERSON - at the Visa Application Centre (VAC)

(c) FAX - to 00632 858 2305. Please ensure that you quote your online application number on the top left hand corner of the documents.

(d) POST / COURIER - addressed to UK Visas and Immigration, MNL/1175484 British Embassy Manila, 120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City, Philippines 1634. Please ensure that you quote your reference number/online application number in the top left corner of the courier envelope.

We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days unless you have availed of our priority service. Please note that it may not be possible to make a decision on your application within these service standards due to the need for further documents to be submitted. We will notify you once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely

Deferrals Team, Manila Visa Hub
    UK Visas and Immigration

Home Office
    British Embassy Manila
    https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration

***********************************************************************************
    Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
    Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
    The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
    All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
    ***********************************************************************************

Ann,
    The documents needed all relate to your husband meeting the UKVI Financial requirement.

If your husband is self-employed then he will need to apply under Category F or Category G

Under Category F he'll need to prove he is in self-employment at the date of application and prove his income from the last full financial year to meet the appropriate financial requirement.

Under Category G he'll need to prove he is in self-employment at the date of application and choose to use an average of the income received in the last 2 full financial years to meet the financial requirement.

For self-employed Sole Trader or Partner he'll need to submit official documents (Tax Returns)that clearly show taxable income at or above the threshold.
    Means business revenue less business expenses.
    If the accounts/tax returns show he is being taxed on an amount less than the appropriate Financial Requirement income threshold then the application will fall for refusal.

As a help for Sole Traders / Partners he should secure the following:-

Amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the financial year(s) being relied on.
    - self-assessment tax return
    - statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
    - Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed (Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR).
    - If held, then business bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
    - Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

- Documentary evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions.

If his business is required to produce audited accounts then he should submit.
    If his business is not required to produce audited accounts, then he can submit unaudited accounts together with an accountant certificate of confirmation. The accountant will need to be a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body

Although he cannot include savings as part of his financial submission he will be able to include non-employment income (such as property rental)
    He must review section 6 of the UKVI Financial requirement for these Category C Non-employment income – requirements.
    Look specifically to section 6.1 for guidance on this and documents to submit.

Cash Savings are covered under Category D (Section 7.1 of the Financial Requirement)
    But do be aware that Cash savings [B]cannot be combined with self-employment income, or with income from employment as a director of a limited company[/UK]

Be careful about being a director of a limited company who receives dividend income.
    This may be counted as income as non-employment income under Category C, unless the company is of a type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE (i.e. it is in sole or limited family ownership).

The full details relating to Self-employment or Director of a limited company can be found under Section 9 of the Financial Requirement

For details specifically related to the documents needed to be submitted as a Director then look under Section 9.8. (Director of a specified limited company in the UK – specified evidence) of the Financial Requirement.

The UK Financial Requirement - Appendix FM Section 1.7 can be found by clicking on this link

Your husband absolutely must give priority to understanding the requirement and the specific documents required.

Hope this will help you to start collecting the documentary evidence.

That is a lot Terpe! Dare me thank you very much. these information you will give is a huge help for us..

Terpe, I explain my side about this financial issue.

I do not understand this situation,,, I completed the savings section , I have £170k in the bank and proved this with 12 months of bankstatments also I showed I have £210k in investment bonds,,, which I can send a copy of the bank conditions which state I'm able to cash at anytime.... they have seemed to totally ignored this and just dealt with the employment section of the application.... I only completed this section as I was advised to give a complete breakdown of my finances,,,, to get all the employment information requied will take sometime as I sent my original documents to UK Embassy, this will mean I will now need to apply to the Inland Revenue for information also they wish for deeds of my rented properties, for these i will have to apply to the Land Registy, these departments do not rush for anyone,,, and as mentioned I have proved savings of £170k and can prove another £210k,,,, why will they not accept this?

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    Terpe, I explain my side about this financial issue.

I do not understand this situation,,, I completed the savings section , I have £170k in the bank and proved this with 12 months of bankstatments also I showed I have £210k in investment bonds,,, which I can send a copy of the bank conditions which state I'm able to cash at anytime.... they have seemed to totally ignored this and just dealt with the employment section of the application.... I only completed this section as I was advised to give a complete breakdown of my finances,,,, to get all the employment information requied will take sometime as I sent my original documents to UK Embassy, this will mean I will now need to apply to the Inland Revenue for information also they wish for deeds of my rented properties, for these i will have to apply to the Land Registy, these departments do not rush for anyone,,, and as mentioned I have proved savings of £170k and can prove another £210k,,,, why will they not accept this?

Stephen
    Stephen,
    Based on what you've just shared it seems the caseworkers are not clear on the Financial Requirement Category that has been selected.

Based solely on what you mention, I would personally have gone for Category 'D' - Cash Savings
    It would certainly have been the cleanest and simplest route.

Which category did you apply under ?

It seems that based on the supporting financial documents submitted the caseworkers are completely unclear as to which specific category to apply which evidence.

Your target must be to clarify the category the application is being submitted under and identify the documents to consider and those to disregard.

Submitting all those documents applicable to those categories that are not applicable has caused the confusion.

UKBA are not a helpful, compassionate or understanding organisation.
    They have a culture of disbelief

Thank you Sir Terpe,, Stephen will start working today the documents in UK time,,, will post soon of my visa decision.

Fingers crossed

Thank you Sir Terpe,, Stephen will start working today the documents in UK time,,, will post soon of my visa decision.

Fingers crossed
    Just out of interest Ann, which Category did you apply under for the Financial Requirement ?

I tend to be quite harsh on the Manila Hub caseworkers (and UKVI in general) but to be fair your caseworker has acted in a fair way by giving a second chance to put things right.
    Be sure to respond in time and with a concise but clear supporting letter.

All good luck from here

He will go under Category D. Cash savings and supporting letter, I told him look first the Manila visa hub letter, before jumping to the financial requirements category. He will study

Sir Terpe, this is a good lesson for us,

God will make a way Where there seems to be no way and for the help also from you Sir Terpe, you are a huge blessings to us, I am thinking positive for this.

Fingers crossed.

Anyway Sir Terpe further for this, I counting the 10 workings days manila visa hub giving time.

I recieved their email 22th of April 2015. So we will submit these documents UK days on 5th of May 2015. Do you think this is right counting of ten (10)working days they given?

Anna

..........I recieved their email 22th of April 2015. So we will submit these documents UK days on 5th of May 2015. Do you think this is right counting of ten (10)working days they given?
    Did the letter specifically state within 10 working days?
    I'd suggest submitting earlier if possible. Don't leave it until the last minute.

Sir Terpe,

Below is their email to me.

Please note that you should send these documents within ten (10) working days from the date of this notification through any of the following methods. Documents exceeding 10 pages must be sent either in person or post/ courier ONLY.

I not count the 1st of May (Friday) its a Labor Day here.

Sir Terpe,

Below is their email to me.

Please note that you should send these documents within ten (10) working days from the date of this notification through any of the following methods. Documents exceeding 10 pages must be sent either in person or post/ courier ONLY.

I not count the 1st of May (Friday) its a Labor Day here.

Thread Information