Hi all!
I am in the UK on spouse visa for nearly 10 months now. My husband is British. We want to apply child settlement (dependant) visa for my nearly 18 years old (in June) daughter.

My daughter has signed up for an account at the VISA4UK.FCO.GOV.UK website.
So, we are now wanting to complete the online application form there, the sooner we can finish it the sooner we could get an appointment for her to go to VFS in Manila. We have already started doing that but we now have doubts that we might not be doing it right.

1. We are not sure who should be the SPONSOR?
a. myself because I am the mother? ( i am still on spouse visa, still valid for another 23 months; no financial docs to support the child settlement visa application because I am new to my job)

b. my husband? (he is my sponsor and he is British citizen and has documents to meet the financial requirement)

2. on the UNDER 18 section, the first question is PLEASE GIVE US DETAILS OF YOUR PARENTS/GUARDIAN(S) IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY, it asks for RELATIONSHIP and the only choices are MOTHER, FATHER, LEGAL GUARDIAN.

My daughter is currently under the care of my mother, so we thought she would LEGAL GUARDIAN since there is not a more appropriate choice (she is not the father or mother) but there was never a legal procedure. As a family we all just decided that my mother would be the best person to care for my daughter during my absence. What bothers us is the word LEGAL GUARDIAN. Does this mean that we have to ask my mother to give a consent letter for my daughter to migrate to UK with us, the parents?

3. Still in the UNDER 18 section, the last question here is WHO ARE YOU STAYING WITH IN THE UK?
We filled that in with my husband's details and chose STEPFATHER in the RELATIONSHIP field.
And then added on my details on another line, but for whatever reason, there is no MOTHER in the RELATIONSHIP field, or even FATHER. Why is this? Are we doing it wrong and what could it be and how to rectify it?

4. Not to do with the online application form but I would also ask about letter of consent from the biological father.
My marriage was annulled in 2013 March.
We have not had any child support since my child was 6 months old.
I have supported my child with the help of my whole family but my siblings now have their own family and children. My mother is not capable of looking after her anymore so things are not going well for my daughter in Manila right now. But they all helped to look after her while I worked abroad over the past several years.

The final decision of the annulment states that my child shall remain in my custody subject to the father's visitation rights. The father never initiated any visitation arrangement or any interest in supporting my daughter financially. We only have a wild guess of his whereabouts. He has no interest with having a relationship with my daughter. Do we still need to ask for his consent?