Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question SE Asia Stocks-Mostly down

Most Southeast Asian stock markets ended weaker on Monday.

Read more here

It always used to be said when USA sneezes the world catches a cold.

Seems to now apply to China's sneezes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Seems to now apply to China's sneezes too.
    I agree.

Watched something at the weekend about the price of iron ore, and how it has affected the australian economy.

However the Asian Market IMO is the best Market to invest in for the Long Term, yes we will see these fluctuations on a daily basis, for instance i notice The Hang Seng is showing a rebound from a poor day yesterday and is up 2.76% on the day, the Nikkei is up 1.40% and yesterday the Dow Jones was up 1.17%.
    I personally have invested in some Asian Funds, and on the whole i am happy with the way they are going, one of my Asian Funds is doing particuarly well showing an increase of 8% over the month, I do have an investment in a Biotech & Healthcare Fund (none Asian) which fluctuates between +/- weekly i may look to switch this money away as this fund is showing a yearly + of some 40% so may well have peaked, unfortunately i wasnt in during the +40% gain .

If China contracts watch out.
    Asian markets per se are strong and growing but you need to look at the underlying basics.

The Iron ore commodity price has slumped. Just like many commodities have. Slumped. There are always winners and losers in these slumps depending on which side of the fence you fall.

Nobody here is suggesting your investments will do well or not. But there needs to be a basic understanding of why some investments do well, others do not and how the big boys will react.
    The downturn in the manufacturing in China has a massive knock on effect.

Just look at the price of iron ore now and how it has moved. Watch to see how players like Rio Tinto react and why.
    Those players who rely on high iron ore prices will suffer.
    A bit like those oil producers who have all their eggs in one basket.

If you have an interest in such things it can be a fascinating insight into the swings and roundabouts of different economies and just how the global merry-go-round gets impacted.
    I'm not suggesting taking a gamble but just watch how things change from the decisions of the those movers and shakers.

Thread Information