Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) brijess's Avatar

UK Partner's Visa need help...

Hi!
    Just want to ask if someone can help me or give me idea about applying a settlement visa to uk from philippines. My partner and I were together for more than two years here in the philippines and we got engaged last year. We plan to get marry at UK next year but he is due to comeback there this July. Question? Does he need a Certificate of no impediment?What other else do we need to provide?
    P.S.
    I've been to UK twice as a tourist visa and been to different countries in asia together with him. Will that count?
    Many thanks to all!

jess;-)

Hi brijess, welcome aboard Filipino UK

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    You need to read this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-a-Fiance-Visa and then give a shout out if there are things that confuse you.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by brijess View Post
    Hi!
    Just want to ask if someone can help me or give me idea about applying a settlement visa to uk from philippines. My partner and I were together for more than two years here in the philippines and we got engaged last year. We plan to get marry at UK next year but he is due to comeback there this July. Question? Does he need a Certificate of no impediment?What other else do we need to provide?
    P.S.
    I've been to UK twice as a tourist visa and been to different countries in asia together with him. Will that count?
    Many thanks to all!

jess;-)
    Your first step should be to review the UKVI webpage here in this link called Apply to join family living permanently in the UK

Please do take time to read ALL the sections and to follow ALL the relevant links for your circumstances.

There's quite a number of mandatory processes you'd need to complete such as a passing grade in an approved English Language Test and an all clear TB screening result.
    Please have your partner check out the annex FM Financial Requirement as it applies to his own circumstances.

You'll find all you need to start with linked and explained in the overview link provided above.

If you have any specific clarifications needed please don't be shy to ask here.

On the basis that your Fiance is a UK national then he'll not need any certificate of no impediment.

Welcome to the starting point on your immigration journey

Thread Information