Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

ECC Bureau of Immigration

just been reading this, i though i have heard to have this clearance, if leaving the phil.

here is The Bureau of Immigration link on the subject,

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index....c_location=ufi

Doesn't apply to you and me Stuart, as we can get ours at the airport. Takes 5 minutes max.

The ECC is for those who have stayed in the Philippines for over 6 months on a tourist visa. It usually takes a day or two depending on which immigration office you use. Pain in the back side, especially if you live far away from any immigration offices. There again how many countries would allow you to stay for 3 years without showing any evidence of funds.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    There again how many countries would allow you to stay for 3 years without showing any evidence of funds.
    I know it's a bit off-topic, but just thought I'd mention that I never been asked how much income I have or to submit any evidence of income. This, despite being required by immigration rules, and despite me having my financial status documents certified and legalised in UK.

Perhaps someone, somewhere is waiting to spring that on me later

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Doesn't apply to you and me Stuart, as we can get ours at the airport. Takes 5 minutes max.

The ECC is for those who have stayed in the Philippines for over 6 months on a tourist visa. It usually takes a day or two depending on which immigration office you use. Pain in the back side, especially if you live far away from any immigration offices. There again how many countries would allow you to stay for 3 years without showing any evidence of funds.
    thats good thanks jake

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I know it's a bit off-topic, but just thought I'd mention that I never been asked how much income I have or to submit any evidence of income. This, despite being required by immigration rules, and despite me having my financial status documents certified and legalised in UK.

just keep looking over your shoulder

but i wouldn't think so

Rules tend to be inconsistent in the Philippines

If they had asked me to show proof of income, i would have had to take my clapped out tricycle and 3 chainsaws to immigration I only cut coco lumber.....honest!

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    thats good thanks jake
    Your welcome

I was asked about income proof at final interview in Davao.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    I was asked about income proof at final interview in Davao.
    Blimey, how many interviews are there ?
    I thought that had finished when the immigration attorney approved my 13a after the last interview.

Blimey, how many interviews are there ?
    I thought that had finished when the immigration attorney approved my 13a after the last interview.
    just one more interview with an attorney, in one year time when you apply for permanent

just one more interview with an attorney, in one year time when you apply for permanent
    Wonderful news (not)

I'm really looking forward to that

My certified and legalised income documentation will all be out of date by then.
    Oh what joy

Wonderful news (not)

My certified and legalised income documentation will all be out of date by then.
    Oh what joy
    matters of finance were only asked on my first interview in manila for probationary,

my interview with attorny at cagayan for permanent , his only intersest was dates of marraige, and if i knew my wifes name ect, no questions at all about finance, but in my situation, Lolita is employed as a teacher this is on their records , but i think you wont have a problem, very simple the next time .

by the way in manila, i only had my pension forcast, which isnt realy proof of anything, any bank statements were print outs from online banking, which anyone could print up

Not necessarily! The route from 13(a) Temporary to 13(a) Permanent used to take one year; it can now take up to five years at the whim of the local Alien Control Officer. This change was brought in just over a year ago by Commissioner Misson and has not been altered as far as I know.

Wonderful news (not)

Oh what joy
    You can relax, Peter. You almost certainly won't be asked for your financial details nor will you be asked to produce a Police Clearance; both these can be asked for at the 13(a) Probationary application stage however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabawenyo View Post
    Not necessarily! The route from 13(a) Temporary to 13(a) Permanent used to take one year; it can now take up to five years at the whim of the local Alien Control Officer. This change was brought in just over a year ago by Commissioner Misson and has not been altered as far as I know.
    for me 1 year probationary,from dec 2013 then i got my permanent 13a after 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Dabawenyo View Post
    You can relax, Peter. You almost certainly won't be asked for your financial details nor will you be asked to produce a Police Clearance; both these can be asked for at the 13(a) Probationary application stage however.
    I needed to submit a Police Clearance (certified and legalised) as part of the application, also myriad of other documents, most of which were not needed or mentioned in the rules.
    Things were much simpler after a visit to City Hall

I was also requested to submit NBI clearance which I didn't have (or need according to the rules) but the kindly immigration officer organised it all for me and charged me accordingly.

I was told to wait for instructions for my Biometrics and issue of my ACR card.
    The attorney who interviewed me issued a letter of confirmation that my application had been approved and my permanent visa would be issued after 12 months from the date of his letter.
    Anyway we'll see what happens.

Thread Information