Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hello

Newbie (Restricted Access) edd_raz's Avatar

Hello

Hiya, after browsing this forum as a guest for over a year and havng learnt so much valuable information from here, I thought its about time i came out of Hiding

I have visited the philippines twice in 12 months so far totaling 5 weeks. I have much respect for the philippine people i have experinced how they live and no matter there hardships theres always a smile and a warm greeting.

Nice to be part of this forum , Thank You

Hi, hello and a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK

Hopefully you'll find some time to share your Philippine experiences

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum...and feel free to join in the banter.

Welcome to where it's at ☺

Welcome Edd

Where in the Philippines have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by edd_raz View Post
    Hiya, after browsing this forum as a guest for over a year and havng learnt so much valuable information from here, I thought its about time i came out of Hiding

I have visited the philippines twice in 12 months so far totaling 5 weeks. I have much respect for the philippine people i have experinced how they live and no matter there hardships theres always a smile and a warm greeting.

Nice to be part of this forum , Thank You
    Edd ... we're pleased you've "revealed" yourself. to our friendly online filipino/uk community.

Similarly, I've visited the Philippines twice - and, like you, have HUGE respect for the people. But, best of all, I met a Filipina lady from Davao del Norte Province, and we've been happily married for more than 6 years since.

Newbie (Restricted Access) edd_raz's Avatar
    Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome here, I first visited the Philippines in August 2014 , I was bored with run of the mill holiday destinations, you know 2 weeks lying on the beach in Spain or the typical UK type family holiday. I was Bored i needed to explore like i did in my younger years i was into Mountain Biking and Hiking around Snowdonia N Wales.

Now i am older @ 55 and my family have grown up and there not into adventure as much as I am so I decided i would take off and explore alone. I got chatting to a wonderful family from Quezon city "we met playing candy crush lol" after a year of chatting with them they invited me to visit so I researched the Philippines with the help of this forum

I also visited March this year for 17 days

I was so nervous Traveling so far alone, my first experience when i stepped out of NAIA airport was of torrential rain and warmth, They had organised to meet me but they where late I was already forewarned not to let anyone take my luggage and be polite to the persistent taxi touts with a firm NO, I stood around waiting for my friends to arrive for an hour trying to look like i knew what i was doing and thinking of plan B if they didn't show up lol.

It all worked out my nervousness and my melted away they where a wonderful family so kind and helpful and for 2 weeks they accompanied me around manila showing me the sights, Riding tricycles, jeepneys and protecting me from danger of pickpockets.

my 2nd visit i went further afield to santa Margerita near Calbayog Samar, i stayed with there Parents in a traditional house "very basic no running water" they bet i could not survive living with out modern conveniences for a week. I did it and i helped dry the rice in the road, fetch water and ate there food, I observed there way of life watched children play in the street with simple toys, teenagers where very respectful. There parents are both over 70 they still work hard caring for there family.

oh i gone on a bit lol,

Thanks again for allowing share a little part of my experience, here is a Video on youtube of one of my days out , hope im allowed post here.

https://youtu.be/tEAqwbNH-vY

Trusted Member
    Love the video !

Banned
    Great video

Great story!! Glad the R.P has added a new dimension to your life! Thats what its all about after all.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum Ed and thanks so much for sharing the video!

Welcome to the forum, great video that you have posted, i have only been to the Philippines once, I have no idea why people prefer Spanish Beaches, that lifestyle has never appealed to me.

I'm the same. Fed up with the Med and the loudmouth British youngsters.

Nice video btw! Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information