Hi all - having successfully got married using advice from this forum - time is coming to leap the next hurdle!!

I'm a British expat in Malaysia and I married my Filipina wife in the Philippines on December 23rd 2014 and we have been living together in Malaysia since August 2013.

Work have decided its time for me to go home they have committed to getting my wife's visa - but they are notoriously slow at everything, I haven't seen anything from them yet and their expectation of me is to go UK in around 8 weeks.

Hurdle 1, TB test. Can wifey use one of the certified TB centres in Malaysia to submit with the application or does a Phil application require a Phil TB certificate? It's much cheaper in Malaysia than in Phil.

Hurdle 2, if work don't come through or will only finance the visa application I will be left to do it myself - can I do that from Malaysia or will the requirements dictate it will have to be from Phil?

I assume the right thing to be applying for was this one ->

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Also its incredibly likely that in 2016 I will be re-assigned with work either to USA or back to Malaysia - which I think makes getting the £956 visa a little bit silly - surely just a 6 month visitor and a holiday or two would be a better option? Since if we leave the UK together for a significant period of time then she would fail the requirements to be eligible for British citizenship.

For the financial requirements my wife doesn't work so I'm assuming me just submitting Malaysian payslips and bank statements is fine? I easily meet the requirement with my Malaysian salary (and my UK one when I transfer back).

When you start the application, how do you submit the evidence documents, in what format? We have hundreds if not thousands of photos of us together, from places we visit, Phil trips, etc... Immigration chops of us travelling together, wedding certificates, her Malaysia employment pass from my company etc......

This is an incredibly daunting process, so even if work take care of it I still think I will have to prepare a lot of documents for them to collate and submit.

Happy for any advice