Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty britain

Dirty britain

I am not saying everywhere is dirty but while driving from place to place over the last few years you do notice how things have changed,
    The weekly or fortnightly collection of your rubbish bin, every one put the bin out the night before or that morning and took it back in that night, how many do you see sat in the same place week in week out, rubbish just left in the streets while everyone just walks around it,
    Looking back i cannot ever remember the streets and roads looking like they are now, is it the council or just the people that live like it now, seems to me the pride of where you live has been knock out of the people, just my thoughts maybe

Banned
    Much of it Steve is due to the human filth now allowed to live in our once green and pleasant land

Roma migrants cause terror for South Yorkshire residents

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/482...of-Roma-terror

Multicultural Manchester is supposedly OK

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    No problem here in the village we live.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

A lot of shall we say "Ethnically diverse" areas in the UK are absolute toilets,if your used to crapping in the street (Seen it done in india often)throwing your rubbish out of the window (seen it done in many countries including pinas) and fly-tipping willy-nilly then your going to bring your quaint habits to blighty with you so we can all share the culture of your old home,thanks

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Much of it Steve is due to the human filth now allowed to live in our once green and pleasant land

Multicultural Manchester is supposedly OK
    when was the last time it was a 'green and pleasant land' dedworth

was it before immigrants came to the uk ?

we've got a council that uses CCTV to catch and fine fly tippers, enough local tips and a council that collects bulky items for free.

but if your complaining about litter, blame the Tory gov for the cut backs to council funds,when was the last time you've seen a council litter picker
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

My area is staunchly Tory joe and theres always a council litter picker,I can walk down the high-street most days and see him,the area is spotless.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Harrogate true blue and no litter anywhere
    but if your complaining about litter, blame the Labour gov for the cut backs to council funds since they left the country bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    My area is staunchly Tory joe and theres always a council litter picker,I can walk down the high-street most days and see him,the area is spotless.
    i've not seen any here for a few years, maybe they only come out when i'm at work or a sleep

when the gov cuts funding to councils, with the legal duties that they have to provide essential services, litter picking i would have thought would be one of the first to face cut backs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

No joe,plenty of litter pickers,even seen them doing gangs doing roadside litter-picks along the dual carriageways locally,I was in Esher high-street a few weeks ago and saw two guys with litter-carts at opposite ends of the road.

Banned
    Ditto here Tawi - fly tipping & graffiti I reported a month or so back dealt with in 24 hours by a local authority that has reduced council tax for 6 consecutive years.

Labourite Multicultural Manchester meanwhile employs untold diversity directors, gives all councillors and thousands of staff smartphones & ipads on the taxpayer, pay's it's leader Ł230000 pa has the worst record on council tax collection etc etc- yet Joe's pathetic excuse is to blame Tory cuts for this criminal irresponsibility

I'm also in a Tory council area, we have garbage pickers and no street litter, however if Labour got in I'm sure they would increase the workforce by 50% and most likely eastern European.....

Ditto here Tawi - fly tipping & graffiti I reported a month or so back dealt with in 24 hours by a local authority that has reduced council tax for 6 consecutive years.

Labourite Multicultural Manchester meanwhile employs untold diversity directors, gives all councillors and thousands of staff smartphones & ipads on the taxpayer, pay's it's leader Ł230000 pa has the worst record on council tax collection etc etc- yet Joe's pathetic excuse is to blame Tory cuts for this criminal irresponsibility
    who needs a litter picker when you've got dedworth doing their job

with costs rising and gov funding cuts tell me dedworth how does your council manage to cut the council tax bill for the last 6yrs ?

I think i should move, hang about i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

with costs rising and gov funding cuts tell me dedworth how does your council manage to cut the council tax bill for the last 6yrs ?
    by doing the opposite to the bruvvers and apparatchiks who run Manchester

by doing the opposite to the bruvvers and apparatchiks who run Manchester
    i see, you mean they cut everything and sold everything off ?
    and wasted money on schemes like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-21830416

as a resident can you tell me how many people responded

Banned
    you'll be running out of straws to clutch on to soon Joe

Don't waste your vote again in the next Machester Council election

you'll be running out of straws to clutch on to soon Joe

Don't waste your vote again in the next Machester Council election
    Tory Free , just like most of the north, all the major cities and Scotland

the answer to my question, 2 people dedworth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-25731197

Trusted Member
    Blame parents and upbringing/cultural influences.

I wouldn't dream of throwing litter on the floor EVER.

That is because my parents taught me not to.

Why do you have to always bring the arguments down to politics ..... Gets so boring.

I have ate to agree with Graham, it's how you are brought up. I hate litter and be sure if my family drop litter in or around my house they have me to deal with. If I can provide a rubbish bag, they can darn well use it.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    I think the worst accumulation of litter and rubbish i have seen must be in the Philippines
    Everything there gets thrown on the floor while rubbish bins stand empty

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I think the worst accumulation of litter and rubbish i have seen must be in the Philippines
    That is so true, i was there one time and my nephew threw a sweet wrapper on the floor, just trying to get him to pick it up ended in all out war, well i can tell you he had no favours from me the whole trip

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    No problem here in the village we live.
    Ditto!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Blame parents and upbringing/cultural influences.

I wouldn't dream of throwing litter on the floor EVER.

That is because my parents taught me not to.
    Same here Graham!

India is worse,it wallows in a sea of filth,parts of africa are the same,but parts of pinas are a tip,we have bins at the beach made from recycled tires,the bins are everywhere,beside the cottages,the BBQ area,the basketball court,your always near a bin so theres no excuse BUT time and again I watch people just throw their crap,plastic,bottles on the floor!When we are there my kid hates certain times of the day such as 4am when everyone helps the workers sweep the beach and the cottage areas

There's a public beach at Talomo that's an absolute disgrace.
    The people who use it are complete tosses (pun intended) and will just toss any crap anywhere they please. They make a total nuisance of themselves with the most abhorrent behaviour I've ever seen anywhere in the world. Including anywhere in India or Africa I've been to.

I've confronted these idiots many times. My wife always calms me down.
    Actually, even with my experience in martial arts I'm not sure I could take them down at my age anyway
    Especially when there's a group.
    Even more especially with my sciatica

Thank you dear wife for saving me

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    That is so true, i was there one time and my nephew threw a sweet wrapper on the floor, just trying to get him to pick it up ended in all out war, well i can tell you he had no favours from me the whole trip
    There seems no concept of putting litter in a bin over there
    Back in February when i was last in Makati i followed 2 dimwits walking down the road with their family happily eating sweets and throwing their wrappers on the street
    The parents never said a thing........

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There's a public beach at Talomo that's an absolute disgrace.
    The people who use it are complete tosses (pun intended) and will just toss any crap anywhere they please. They make a total nuisance of themselves with the most abhorrent behaviour I've ever seen anywhere in the world. Including anywhere in India or Africa I've been to.

I've confronted these idiots many times. My wife always calms me down.
    Actually, even with my experience in martial arts I'm not sure I could take them down at my age anyway
    Especially when there's a group.
    Even more especially with my sciatica

Thank you dear wife for saving me
    The private beaches in the Davao area normally have cleaners,some of the public beaches arent all that Its a cultural thing I think,and parental responsibility,if Dodong or Boy was never taught by his parents that he shouldnt throw litter or urinate against his neighbours wall then his apathy is passed on to Dodong or Boyet Junior,one good thing is there arent as many graffitti sprayed BAWAL UMIHI DITTO signs in davao's back streets nor the all pervading smell of man-pee that there is in areas of manila

R
    There seems no concept of putting litter in a bin over there
    Back in February when i was last in Makati i followed 2 dimwits walking down the road with their family happily eating sweets and throwing their wrappers on the street
    The parents never said a thing........
    That applies all over the UK too

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    The private beaches in the Davao area normally have cleaners,some of the public beaches arent all that Its a cultural thing I think,and parental responsibility,if Dodong or Boy was never taught by his parents that he shouldnt throw litter or urinate against his neighbours wall then his apathy is passed on to Dodong or Boyet Junior,one good thing is there arent as many graffitti sprayed BAWAL UMIHI DITTO signs in davao's back streets nor the all pervading smell of man-pee that there is in areas of manila
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

St Pauli twinned with Quezon City

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information