Hello, It's been a while since last I posted here. Just thought I would post my experience to give others some idea.

Me and my son went to vfs London 2 days ago to apply for our Spanish Schengen.

Documents required: (original and copy)

- fully completed application form (mine and my son)
- passport (mine, my son and hubby)
- uk residence permit (mine and my son)
- 1 passport size photo (mine and my son)
- travel tickets (they will ask for receipt if you have actually paid everything)
- accommodation reservation
- travel insurance
- birth certificate (my son)
- marriage certificate
- letter from school
- consent letter (even if you are travelling with your son)

Note:
- Check before you book your appointment of which vfs centre should you apply. I live close to Manchester but I have to apply in London because Staffordshire falls under the jurisdiction of London Consulate. One of the applicant's documents hasn't been accepted because the county she lives in falls under the jurisdiction of Manchester.
- Make sure you bring extra money as you have to pay the visa fee ( I also thought it was free cause I'm an EU spouse ). I have paid £91.30 for visa fee and courier and they prefer debit/credit card as they can't be bothered to look for change.
- Arrive early if you can. I nearly miss my train if I didn't arrive at the centre 2 hours early. I was there for 3 hours and there were 40 applicants before me.

Fingers crossed my visa will arrive on time as our flight is exactly 2 weeks from now.