Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

It's hard when there is an 8-hour time gap during our Winter months

Just finding it hard to spend much time with Sheina on Skype because I'm working a lot of nights.

I seem to be getting home and going to bed while she is awake and when I wake up it's past midnight there.

Both of us seem to have crazy sleeping patterns.

I'm sure loads of you know where I'm coming from.

Here's to hopeful visa success very soon.

Have booked Sheina's IELTS test for 30th April.

Been there, done that! Waking up at 3 am just to talk to Ems for a few hours before I went to work, then rushing home again to speak for 1 hour before she went to bed.

The weekends were so good to spend time talking about everything and nothing. Yes, we all know where you are coming from.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    This was one of the reasons why I liked working at night shifts while I was still in Manila. I can talk to Keith the whole time through FB while at work (using my phone). Good thing was Keith only works from home.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hang on in there Phil, many of us have faced those challenges.
    LDR's with time shifts take a lot of patience.

Well done to you both and to all those who come through to find a stronger bond.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    How do you think we managed Phil, when my ex and I had to rely on Royal Mail? You know, it was great!

Same here. We did it everyday for 4 years!

Glad to hear you finally booked Sheina's IELTS? Is she going with British Council or IDP?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    How do you think we managed Phil, when my ex and I had to rely on Royal Mail? You know, it was great!
    Oh my goodness. That must have been so hard.

Deserves a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Same here. We did it everyday for 4 years!

Glad to hear you finally booked Sheina's IELTS? Is she going with British Council or IDP?
    British council.

I was told on here they were better.

I prefer the 8 hour gap. Meant when I am day shift and go to bed around 11pm, I can snatch a quick kiss and goodnight from Harlene. Also meant after a nightshift I could have a sleep and get up around 1pm just as Harlene was finishing work and snatch a couple of hours chat before she fell asleep on Skype.

The 7 hour gap meant I was always tired at work! Or Harlene was falling asleep after only an hour or so after I woke after a nightshift....

Of course it's better now we are in the same time zone

Good luck to you both, Cheekee and Sheina as you say it's not easy with the 7/8 hour time difference. I guess most on here have been or are going through that. Basically the body clock doesn't know if it's on its ass or its elbow. But eventually it's all worth it in the end for you guys, and after going through all of that there's just the small matter of getting visas etc etc, only for some jumped up twerp to say "NO, not enough evidence that she/he will return", if you apply for a visitor visa.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Oh my goodness. That must have been so hard.

Deserves a rep.
    You know Phil, not so many years ago, all correspondence was via letter and sometimes I wonder if it was really the best way to contact one another. It wasn't hard because we didn't know anything different - and imagine the romance of writing letters - the excitement of waiting at least a month for the reply from your loved one. Whenever you got close to the time you were expecting some mail you were always looking out for the postman to see if he had a blue airmail envelope in his hand. Or after arriving home from work you couldn't open your door or mailbox fast enough to see if anything had arrived. it was a nice feeling when your mail did arrive and you opened it very carefully so as not to damage it and sniffing the perfume that your little Filipina had adorned your letter with.

Yes, I can positively say those days were more romantic and exciting! Btw, thanks for the rep.

British council.

Either British Council or IDP is okay. Tried both and I got no problems. I was just happy with British Council because it was very convenient for me at the time when I was still in Cebu.

Say good luck to Sheina for me. Talking to you will definitely help her out in her speaking test.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You know Phil, not so many years ago, all correspondence was via letter and sometimes I wonder if it was really the best way to contact one another. It wasn't hard because we didn't know anything different - and imagine the romance of writing letters - the excitement of waiting at least a month for the reply from your loved one. Whenever you got close to the time you were expecting some mail you were always looking out for the postman to see if he had a blue airmail envelope in his hand. Or after arriving home from work you couldn't open your door or mailbox fast enough to see if anything had arrived. it was a nice feeling when your mail did arrive and you opened it very carefully so as not to damage it and sniffing the perfume that your little Filipina had adorned your letter with.

Yes, I can positively say those days were more romantic and exciting! Btw, thanks for the rep.
    Ahh.. The joy of opening love letters. Gone were those days in the internet age.

British council.

It will all be worth it when she is over here.

Thread Information