Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Getting married in UK but not living there after

Hi Everyone!

It's so nice to find a a dedicated community of people who are willing to help filipino-british couples.

I was hoping if you guys could help me figure out my situation:

My British fiancee and I (filipina). Have been engaged going on 2 years now. We actually met in england 6 years ago. My fiancee have been working here in the Philippines for 2 and a half years now and he has just gotten his Philippine work visa. We both have settled here, got an apartment together and seem like we are staying here until his work keeps him here which is indefinite.

Now, we want to get married england and register our marriage there. He and I including my parents and my siblings have all booked out flight to go to England in October and are planning to get married there and come home after 20 days due to work.

My fiancee went to the civil registry in England yesterday (he is there for a business trip) and the person said we had to stay in the country for 8 days, register our marriage and wait 30-70 days to get it approved and in the duration of the 30-70 days we cannot leave the country. Is this accurate? We are both not planning to stay in England and we both have work in the Philippines so obviously this is not possible. Is there a work around for this or is the guy just playing hard ball on us? I was thinking we just fly in early, stay for 8 days, register for marriage and then leave and come back once the marriage license have been approved. I was thinking that it won't be a problem because my fiancee's parents can represent for us while we are away.

Has anyone ever had the same experience of getting married in the UK?

Hoping for response from you great people.

Best Regards,
    Sarah

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information