Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Tour of Manila on foot

The creator walks around Manila with a video camera. Do note that it lasts for nearly two hours. Newly uploaded.

I walked from Sucat Paranaque (Greenheights) to Padre faura twice.. I was blood knackered and on one occasion very sunburned!!

Anyone know how far that is in Miles?

Respected Member
    I love walking in the Phils when I stayed in makati for 1 year, I walked from there to QC and back in a day, tiring but enjoyable

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I walked from Sucat Paranaque (Greenheights) to Padre faura twice.. I was blood knackered and on one occasion very sunburned!!

Anyone know how far that is in Miles?
    Not sure Fred. Must be 3 or 4 miles I'd have thought...in the heat.

I walked from NAIA 1 to Ermita one time, carrying my bags., as I just wanted to stretch my legs. Younger and fitter then. lol

I walked around north-harbour and tondo for a whole day,I just remember the dirt and grime around my ankles and toes that evening,and the black snot I thumbed out of my nose that wasnt quite as bad as delhi but not far off either

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Should have bought a map.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Should have bought a map.
    It was interesting,remember back in the days when smokey mountain was a tourist attraction

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Yeah...now just left on the streets instead of piled up in a heap.

Not sure Fred. Must be 3 or 4 miles I'd have thought...in the heat.

I walked from NAIA 1 to Ermita one time, carrying my bags., as I just wanted to stretch my legs. Younger and fitter then. lol
    Just looked it up Graham.. 8.5 Miles!!
    I walked it about 6 o'clock once with a mate.. We thought.."Stuff this" and started hitching.. A 14 wheeler stopped half full of rice and we jumped on the back!
    Good ole days.

Trusted Member
    Wow...really ?

Yep...good old days, when you'd see vehicles going crab fashion down the road because of their bent chassis, cabs made of wood, and taxis with boots full of water (noticed AFTER the driver had put your bag in it ) and a full set of bald tyres.

Wow...really ?

Yep...good old days, when you'd see vehicles going crab fashion down the road because of their bent chassis, cabs made of wood, and taxis with boots full of water (noticed AFTER the driver had put your bag in it ) and a full set of bald tyres.
    I dont think much has changed there!!
    I remember the girls in MH Del Pilar putting their wet mops on the road side so that the jeeps ran over them to wring them out.. Took 2 loaded jeeps per mop.

Del Pilar Street My first taste of manila,the taxi driver dropped me and my mate off there after telling us it was just the sort of place for kids like us,we spent the first night in a brothel after mistaking it for a hotel (not a short time one but a real one) we ate in rosies diner during a brown-out and wondered why there were so many women around

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Del Pilar Street My first taste of manila,the taxi driver dropped me and my mate off there after telling us it was just the sort of place for kids like us,we spent the first night in a brothel after mistaking it for a hotel (not a short time one but a real one) we ate in rosies diner during a brown-out and wondered why there were so many women around
    We used to run a beauty parlour there and a dress shop between Manila rendezvous and Go go Romeo`s .. I was stuck there all day and all night for 2 years trying to make a few bob (22 yrs old) .. Tut tut!
    That was before Raymond's fast food became Rosie`s diner BTW..

Bloody hell,must have been rocking then,I remember the pre mayor Lim days,it was a kids wet dream

Trusted Member
    No idea what you two are talking about.

Wow...really ?

Lol.

The worst I experienced so far is clunking axles, Bald tyres, stinky taxis, coaches and lorries being faster and more aggressive than most cars. How things have changed.

If I walk around for longer than 10-15 minutes during the day over there especially in the cities, I get drenched in sweat.

As for those buses, I was on one from Alaminos to Bolinao and it must have being doing about 80 MPH, whizzing past kids and dawdling dogs on the side of the road without a care in the world.

Trusted Member
    Mercedes and l were on that same route last year Jamie.

Mercedes and l were on that same route last year Jamie.
    You kept that quiet.

What did you think of Bolinao? Did you go to Patar Beach? What about The Hundred Islands?

Trusted Member
    Actually I think I was getting mixed up there Jamie. We took a ride on the bus to Alaminos from Dagupan, supposedly to look at 100 islands area.

When we got off the bus at Alaminos, we took a loooong trike ride to view the islands, ended up not very impressed, tired and hungry. So, we shot off back to a carenderia at Alaminos bus station for a slap up meal and then gratefully climbed onto the bus home. lol

Actually I think I was getting mixed up there Jamie. We took a ride on the bus to Alaminos from Dagupan, supposedly to look at 100 islands area.

When we got off the bus at Alaminos, we took a loooong trike ride to view the islands, ended up not very impressed, tired and hungry. So, we shot off back to a carenderia at Alaminos bus station for a slap up meal and then gratefully climbed onto the bus home. lol
    You can't see jack from Lucap Wharf, Graham. You would need to take a boat ride for around 30 minutes to one of the islands where there's a viewpoint.

Trusted Member
    I've got a pic of the view of the islands we got that day somewhere Jamie...will post when I have the desktop fired up.

Trusted Member
    Ah...this one:

You need to be at an elevated point to see them properly such as where these pics were taken

Trusted Member
    Yes, we'll have to pay them a proper visit sometime. Really that day was just a little ride out.

Thread Information