Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR(M) Cash savings question.

Hi guys I am studying the FLR (M) and am confused by the two statements on cash savings.

7.1 says that the cash can be in my account or her account etc. BUT 7.5.1 says that it must be in the NAMES of us (Joint account) I am confused?

7.1. Category D: Cash savings – requirements

7.1.1. An amount based on the cash savings above £16,000 held by the applicant, their partner, or both jointly for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application and under their control can count towards the financial requirement where applicable.

7.5.1. The evidence required for cash savings is specified in Appendix FM-SE: 11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided: (a) Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the names of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.

Further more the main application form says :
    Page 35 of the FLR(M) Application Form.

7.3E Cash savings
    If you cannot meet the financial requirement through income, you can use relevant cash savings to enable you to do so. Relevant cash savings are those which you and/or you sponsor hold which (i) exceed £16,000.

It says there it can be in my name and futher down it also gives me a box to tick Cash savings held in Sponsors nam, Applicants name or Joint names.

Thanks for your help. John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hiya John,

Sometimes confusing, I know, but the amount of cash savings can be held in your name or your wife's name or joint names. It makes no difference as long as that amount can be shown for at least 6 months prior to application.

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya John,

Sometimes confusing, I know, but the amount of cash savings can be held in your name or your wife's name or joint names. It makes no difference as long as that amount can be shown for at least 6 months prior to application.

Hope that helps...

Thanks Mark. I have just looked at the actual application form and it says 7.3E Cash savings
    If you cannot meet the financial requirement through income, you can use relevant cash savings to enable you to do so. Relevant cash savings are those which you and/or you sponsor hold which (i) exceed £16,000.

It says there it can be in my name and futher down it also gives me a box to tick Cash savings held in Sponsors nam, Applicants name or Joint names.

I think there must be a few errors and confusion in the "the extra detail FM SE & Finantial advise in guidance notes.
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    No bother John, these guys certainly keep us on our toes. God, I should have a degree in Immigration Law the amount of time I have been studying the latest and ongoing rule changes...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    No bother John, these guys certainly keep us on our toes. God, I should have a degree in Immigration Law, the amount of time I have been studying the latest and ongoing rule changes...
    Yes Mark that I agree with .. we sure become very qualified in this matter of immigration, lol. Take care and thanks again.

John

I didn't realise there was a financial requirement for FLR as well as the initial spouse visa.

Is it the same? Minimum £18.600 salary?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I didn't realise there was a financial requirement for FLR as well as the initial spouse visa.

Is it the same? Minimum £18.600 salary?

Hi, yes - the same rules as on initial entry clearance.

Here is the link to the whole FLR(M) process:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...R_M__11-14.pdf

Here are the is guidance notes:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

And more information:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...M_SE_final.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thread Information