Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dont think its going to stop at this, there will be more coming your way TAXES taxes and more TAXES

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Dont think its going to stop at this, there will be more coming your way TAXES taxes and more TAXES
    's true ... more taxes ... and les(s) taxis!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Exemptions to Brits with a foreign spouse and those people actually working in the NHS regardless of the country they originate from.

A lot of these foreigners hardly pay any rent because they multi-share properties. Get them to foot the bill. A tenner a week should suffice for now.
    As a NHS worker I second that

Me too.

UNFAIR!!!!!i agree with you miss rayna,I don't mind doing overtime just to save extra £ for this surcharge but I hope people from EU should pay as well!!

Trusted Member
    British citizens can get free medical treatment in the EU, but not in the Philippines...and most other non-EU countries.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    British citizens can get free medical treatment in the EU, but not in the Philippines...and most other non-EU countries.
    , Graham ... the European Health Insurance Card ... ... suppose there's that to consider!

Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    UNFAIR!!!!!i agree with you miss rayna,I don't mind doing overtime just to save extra £ for this surcharge but I hope people from EU should pay as well!!
    Agreed

Respected Member
    my fiancée just applied at vfs , even though our application was april 1 they demanded her registration number for health service surcharge
    tried to get that number all weekend but the health service website failed to recognise password, and the password reset continually malfunctioned
    eventually I gave her new username and used my email got her registered after they took 900$ about £ 600 from my visa card.
    on the website I think they have problems as if login problems tay advise password reset which seems to fail continually
    Hope this info helps others, and thanks to all who helped Stef and I

What if those on visas do not use the health service while under immigration status. Will they get their money back?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    What if those on visas do not use the health service while under immigration status. Will they get their money back?

I haven't claimed on my household, car or travel insurance. Guess what my refund was

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    The money will just end up in corrupt mp's pockets.

Trusted Member
    Next...a 'drunken idiot clogging up A & E' surcharge please.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Next...a 'drunken idiot clogging up A & E' surcharge please.
    I like that a lot.

My A+E would do well.

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    my fiancée just applied at vfs , even though our application was april 1 they demanded her registration number for health service surcharge
    tried to get that number all weekend but the health service website failed to recognise password, and the password reset continually malfunctioned
    eventually I gave her new username and used my email got her registered after they took 900$ about £ 600 from my visa card.
    on the website I think they have problems as if login problems tay advise password reset which seems to fail continually
    Hope this info helps others, and thanks to all who helped Stef and I
    Something's not right there timi.
    1. The surcharge is only applicable for applications submitted and paid for after April 6 2015
    2. Besides which, any applications for visa's of 6 months and less are not subject to the surcharge.

I believe VFS are totally incorrect.

Here's what UKVI state:-

The surcharge will be introduced on 6 April 2015. It will apply to applications where payment is made on or after the 6 April.............

The health surcharge will be paid by non-EEA nationals who apply to come to the UK to work, study or join family for a time-limited period of more than 6 months......

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I like that a lot.

My A+E would do well.
    I've always said that self inflicted ailments should be paid for by the patient!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    1. The surcharge is only applicable for applications submitted and paid for after April 6 2015
    2. Besides which, any applications for visa's of 6 months and less are not subject to the surcharge.

Just wondering, what is the right "date of application"? Is it the day they've submitted the application online or the day they submit it with the documents on VFS? VFS might be thinking the date of application is the day you submit everything to them and not on the day you submit and paid it online. If that's the case, there'll be problems with that.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Just wondering, what is the right "date of application"? Is it the day they've submitted the application online or the day they submit it with the documents on VFS? VFS might be thinking the date of application is the day you submit everything to them and not on the day you submit and paid it online. If that's the case, there'll be problems with that.
    I haven't double checked recently but for online applications the 'date of application' was always stated by UKVI as the date on which payment was made.

Besides, the Fiance(e) visa is limited to 6 months and should not be included

Hello Terpe. I am a bit confused of the Fiancée/Fiancé visa applicants not having to pay for the surcharge. The UKVI did not specifically indicate the case for fiancés/fiancées only the number of months which is 6 months or less.
    There is also a surcharge checker for unmarried partners and I kind of assume it's for fiancés..

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Hello Terpe. I am a bit confused of the Fiancée/Fiancé visa applicants not having to pay for the surcharge. The UKVI did not specifically indicate the case for fiancés/fiancées only the number of months which is 6 months or less.
    There is also a surcharge checker for unmarried partners and I kind of assume it's for fiancés..
    The Unmarried Partner visa is a different visa to the Finace(e) and is issued for 33 months. Just like a spouse visa the holder may take up employment and does not have the restrictions of the Finance(e) such a short period of 6 months with an intention to marry and apply for FLR

Please do double check with UKVI as it seems that timi was requested (incorrectly IMO) under duress from VFS

The Unmarried Partner visa is a different visa to the Finace(e) and is issued for 33 months. Just like a spouse visa the holder may take up employment and does not have the restrictions of the Finance(e) such a short period of 6 months with an intention to marry and apply for FLR

Please do double check with UKVI as it seems that timi was requested (incorrectly IMO) under duress from VFS
    Thank you for the clarification, Terpe. I sure hope timi will give us an update how the loved one sort this out at VFS. And I hope VFS won't give incorrect info to future fiancé (e) visa applicants..

Has anyone tried to pay or register in their site? I tried to register. Last time it said they will send confirmation and instructions through my email but for how many days now I haven't received any email.

I haven't double checked recently but for online applications the 'date of application' was always stated by UKVI as the date on which payment was made.

Besides, the Fiance(e) visa is limited to 6 months and should not be included
    If anyone agrees to pay the surcharge for a maximum 6 month time limited visa such as Fiance(e) feel free to do so.
    After getting married in the UK the FLR(M) visa application will also require the Health Surcharge.

This surcharge came in on the 6th April 2015, we will be applying for FLR in a few weeks. We pay from the 6th April or from when we apply for the new visa?

If we apply from the exact date being 30 months living in the UK and pay two and a half years "£500" then this is cutting it close to the visa and the surcharge running out before getting the ILR.

I know this is not the best idea but would it not just be easier to pay for 3 years a few weeks before we apply for FLR and that will cover it easily at both ends of the visa if we do not have to pay from the 6th April?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    This surcharge came in on the 6th April 2015, we will be applying for FLR in a few weeks. We pay from the 6th April or from when we apply for the new visa?

If we apply from the exact date being 30 months living in the UK and pay two and a half years "£500" then this is cutting it close to the visa and the surcharge running out before getting the ILR.

I know this is not the best idea but would it not just be easier to pay for 3 years a few weeks before we apply for FLR and that will cover it easily at both ends of the visa if we do not have to pay from the 6th April?
    Hiya Rory,

The NHS surcharge is not a time line its just applicable from when you next apply for extension of visa so the amount you stated of £500 is correct for your spouse.

Jamie my wife will be sending her application on Monday and that amount is correct so no worries.

If you're worrying about if UKVI might require more of a payment, they will surely let you know, but take this from a guy who has studied this minefield in immigration law they won't, everything will be fine....

Thank you.

So I will start it from the date I apply for FLR or from the date 30 months is up on the first visa?

Thank you.

So I will start it from the date I apply for FLR or from the date 30 months is up on the first visa?
    I'm not sure I understand that Rory.
    The Health surcharge needs to be paid before submission of the FLR(M) application form since the payment reference number needs to be included at section 1.11

In terms of actual payment the requirement is to pay half of the required yearly amount for applications that include a part of a year that is less than 6 months.

Likewise, you need to pay for a whole year if you’re application includes part of a year that is more than 6 months.

As you rightly said the correct payment in your case is £500
    So although it's paid before application submission it actually covers the whole of the period validity of the leave to remain.

The FLR can be submitted shortly before the 30 month residency requirement , but you should avoid submitting it too early on the basis that you need to run the second FLR for 30 months to be sure of reaching that 60 month ILR residency requirement.
    Sorry if I misunderstand your concern.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Thank you.

Disregard dates etc. It's a set amount of £500 so no worries, it's based on the next 30 months of FLR, so £500 is your magic figure so eh oh no NHS charge on ILR....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information