Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    The UK government can only impose immigration rules to non EEA countries coz they can't do anything about those from the EU. We are just a bunch of easy targets in their eyes. I feel sorry for all those partners of the members here who will apply for visas. Most often than not, they will end up working their butts off without having any recourse to public fund for 5 years, pay taxes, contribute to NI and now even pay for NHS. Take note, that's in addition to all the visa costs. I do wish that is the same case for those from the EU coz that's just the fair thing to do. But it will never happen.

Spot-on Rayna.

Easy to lean on someone who's arm you already have up their back.

We can also thank the (non-Filipino) vast majority of previous fraudsters and parasites for the ever-increasing load put upon Fiancee and Spouse visa applicants.

Besides the health issue, if the Tories get in again they will make it a damn sight harder to bring partners here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    On a personal level my wife has paid tax and national insurance since arriving here and as she is married to a British Citizen I'm not sure it's entirely fair that she should pay this. However something has to be done. My honest belief it that there is far more money to be saved in not letting the scroungers come in the first place. But that's not going to happen regardless of who wins the General Election.
    I totally agree here. I received a letter last week from the NHS asking if my wife is still in the UK, i will be applying for FLR in June so i can see myself paying now and then paying again in June. To say the least, this is a pain in the
    I see most people think that this should apply to all Non British Citizens and why is it not? My wife has paid in to the system for the last two and a half years and not taken a penny out while EE members claim straight away for free.
    If my wife had her UK passport i would be applauding this decision so i really have no legs to stand on in my defence.
    On a slightly different note, i have already printed off the FLR form and we have started to fill it in. I am guessing there might be a latest version of the form just before i submit .

I checked on the visa webpage and the surcharge will be £600 not £500 as we originally thought.

Respected Member
    I've just used their calculator and the surcharge comes to £500 for us. So my wifes FLR(M) application in October will come to £1149, not the £649 I had budgeted for. They also require payment of the surcharge before the FLR application is made.

Hoping I got it wrong and its £500 like you say.

Not good though when you have to work hard for a living.

Respected Member
    It's not good at all.

I don't like how fast and frequent these rule changes have become. If it wasn't for this site I would not be kept up to date with things.

I am now thinking we are going to be asked for another £200 to cover the period between now and when my wife applies in October! So this year, we could be paying £1349 in fees.

WE,RE DOOMED, so the saying goes

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    It's not good at all.

I don't like how fast and frequent these rule changes have become. If it wasn't for this site I would not be kept up to date with things.

I am now thinking we are going to be asked for another £200 to cover the period between now and when my wife applies in October! So this year, we could be paying £1349 in fees.
    I was thinking the same, from April - June i will be getting another bill. Then £500 or £600 in June that we not accounted for.

33 months initial visa, we apply for FLR just before 30 months is up, which is early June but the 33 month visa will expire in September. So we pay from April - September as that is the last few months of the wife's visa but i need to pay for another 30 months NSH insurance from June before we send off the FLR. Looks like we will be double paying for 3 months while non speaking EE members keep taking the michael.

Trusted Member
    It is disgraceful, discriminating against the partners of British citizens in this way, while other EU citizens can do what the hell they like...free of charge.

...And people wonder why I will be voting (as I have in the past) to leave the EU.

I am so glad i am not going through any of this anymore, its so wrong but what can you do about it, VOTE thats what

Banned
    The Tories have let the country down by not getting to grips with NHS health tourism and I read today that the NHS has been dishing out multi vits, calpol, fruit juice , sun cream etc on foc script to any parasite who asks the doctor for it. The business that Farage has brought up about us being aids treatment HQ for Africa is an absolute disgrace

A lot what he brought up about the money that is going abroad is a disgrace, its time we looked after ourselves first, the countries that we have been giving to for year after year never changes so where is all this money going too, i have a good idea

Trusted Member
    The country is run by a bunch of naive fools, expert at handing out keys to our provisions cupboard to anyone in this world with a hard-luck story or with their hand out. Of course taxpayers who actually live and work here are last on the list at best, or threatened with jail if complaining too vociferously.

Banned
    From the Mail :-

Farage’s view on HIV immigrants is ‘stomach turning’ says Nicky Morgan

Daily Mail9 Apr 2015By John Stevens Political Reporter

EDUCATION Secretary Nicky Morgan has described Nigel Farage’s comments on immigrants receiving free HIV treatment as ‘stomach turning’ – despite half of the public agreeing with the Ukip leader.

The Tory frontbencher also signalled she would quit the Cabinet if David Cameron entered a power-sharing deal with Mr Farage.

Mr Cameron has urged Ukip supporters to ‘come home’ to the Conservatives, but has stopped short of ruling out having to rely on the party if he falls short of a majority.

Mr Farage sparked controversy last week when he used the televised leaders’ debate to challenge giving expensive drugs to HIV sufferers not born in Britain. Mrs Morgan yesterday condemned the remarks, which it is claimed were planned in advance as part of a ‘shock and awe’ strategy. She said: ‘To say that in a calculated way to appeal to your core vote is pretty stomach-turning.’

However, a poll found half of voters agree with Ukip that immigrants should not immediately receive free HIV treatment.

Last night Mr Farage said: ‘I’d love her to go and explain to all the women in their eighties that cannot get cancer treatment that the reason we cannot afford it is that we’re treating people from all over the world who have never even been to Britain before. They get an airplane into Heathrow, get an HIV test and qualify for £25,000 of drugs.

‘If she wants to go out and explain that to the British public, I suspect the public would find her comments stomach-churning.’

According to Public Health England, there were 6,000 diagnoses of HIV in the UK in 2013. Where the country of origin is known, 54 per cent of new diagnoses were foreign-born patients.

I received a letter from my Union Unison.

This is part of it:

"Although the parties are yet to set out their plans in detail, the Conservatives have already indicated that if they win the general election we can expect to see:

* Up to one million more job losses across public services - jobs like yours
    * a continued squeeze on your pay, when people are already an average of £1,600 a year worse off since the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats formed the coalition.
    *Further drastic cuts to the NHS and other public services that you and your family members rely on - and that you help provide in your job in health.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    The Tories have let the country down by not getting to grips with NHS health tourism and I read today that the NHS has been dishing out multi vits, calpol, fruit juice , sun cream etc on foc script to any parasite who asks the doctor for it. The business that Farage has brought up about us being aids treatment HQ for Africa is an absolute disgrace
    This was a DR's reply to the daily mail.

Dear Daily Mail. I see that you're having a go at the NHS for prescribing toothpaste, suncream, and calpol today. I see that you have done your usual f*** all research into this. I prescribe toothpaste (duraphat fluoride) to people who have had radiotherapy for their head and neck cancer, for whom the normal stuff doesn't work. I prescribe suncream for people who have skin cancer or pre-cancerous skin. And I prescribe paracetamol solution for children with high temperatures to stop them having a f***** fit. And I expect all of this prescribing costs the NHS a lot less that the ....... extra pointless work generated for it by Lifescan and other 'health screening' companies. You know, the ones that advertise in the Daily Mail pages 30-65 every f******* day...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I received a letter from my Union Unison.

This is part of it:

"Although the parties are yet to set out their plans in detail, the Conservatives have already indicated that if they win the general election we can expect to see:

* Up to one million more job losses across public services - jobs like yours
    * a continued squeeze on your pay, when people are already an average of £1,600 a year worse off since the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats formed the coalition.
    *Further drastic cuts to the NHS and other public services that you and your family members rely on - and that you help provide in your job in health.

Interesting.
    Blooming Unions!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    This was a DR's reply to the daily mail.

Dear Daily Mail. I see that you're having a go at the NHS for prescribing toothpaste, suncream, and calpol today. I see that you have done your usual f*** all research into this. I prescribe toothpaste (duraphat fluoride) to people who have had radiotherapy for their head and neck cancer, for whom the normal stuff doesn't work. I prescribe suncream for people who have skin cancer or pre-cancerous skin. And I prescribe paracetamol solution for children with high temperatures to stop them having a f***** fit. And I expect all of this prescribing costs the NHS a lot less that the ....... extra pointless work generated for it by Lifescan and other 'health screening' companies. You know, the ones that advertise in the Daily Mail pages 30-65 every f******* day...
    The good Doctor hasn't enlightened us as to what deserving cases get the fruit juice, multi vits, Yakult yogurt and so forth. I'm partial to black cherry Muller Fruit Corners I'll have a word next time I'm at the surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    The good Doctor hasn't enlightened us as to what deserving cases get the fruit juice, multi vits, Yakult yogurt and so forth. I'm partial to black cherry Muller Fruit Corners I'll have a word next time I'm at the surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Blooming Unions!
    Micheal what is you're view about what unison have said?

Trusted Member
    As long as it's still pretty young nurses giving those bed baths when I'm admitted...I don't mind.

My view is that Unions should not try to influence workers on which way to vote, my opinion is that the NHS is Britains baby and whatever party wins the election is not going to see NHS workers (who do a dam good job ) or the NHS suffer financially. Always remember Unions are in business to make money for themselves and a good Union leader should be a good negotiater and not bring workers out on strike, look what Scargill did for the miners, closed the pits and now he's the most hated man in Barnsley area!

Respected Member
    We applied april 1 for fiancée settelement hope doesn't apply to us Guidance

HEALTH SURCHARGE

[B]The surcharge will be introduced on 6 April 2015. It will apply to applications where payment is made on or after the 6 April. The health surcharge will be set at £200 a []year for temporary
    migrants and £150 a year for students.
    seems health registration website is as good as Defra's website (non functional)
    we cant log in at all.
    thanks everyone who helped in our application, interview for Stef on Monday .
    has anyone else had log in problems?

Hi timi,
    Good news and bad news.

The good news is that the health surcharge does not apply for Fiance(e) applications as the Fiance(e) visa is only 6 months max.

The bad news is that they'll get you after you get married and make the application for the FLR(M)
    Which is a visa longer than 6 months. In you case it'll be 30 months

In fact it will apply to anyone making an application for Further Leave to Remain regardless of when they first entered UK
    It will apply right up until application for ILR

This is ridiculous and unbelievable... They should also put the exemption to those who's paying national insurance and tax
    Last edited by Rhose; 11th April 2015 at 11:17. Reason: wrong spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Rhose View Post
    This is ridiculous and unbelievable... They should also put the exemption to those who's paying national insurance and tax
    I'll second that!

Exemptions to Brits with a foreign spouse and those people actually working in the NHS regardless of the country they originate from.

A lot of these foreigners hardly pay any rent because they multi-share properties. Get them to foot the bill. A tenner a week should suffice for now.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    As long as it's still pretty young nurses giving those bed baths when I'm admitted...I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    The country is run by a bunch of naive fools, expert at handing out keys to our provisions cupboard to anyone in this world with a hard-luck story or with their hand out.
    These arrogant tools are not streetwise enough. Too busy being Yes Men; sucking up to Brussels and playing Mother Teresa to realise Abdullah & Co are laughing at how stupid Britain is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information