Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Yes, he may be good at what he does, and so are the other two, but - and this is just me saying this - I think Hammond could be the right person to make all the difference and he, too, is good at what he does.
    Sorry Steve, he's a bit of a wimp. I like Clarkson - he's a mans man - old school, bit of a bugger, non-pc and good on him!

Soon our screens will be filled with pc, wimpy men/half women types, talking about the colour of the car.

Hammond is a metrosexual, Clarkson is a bloke. Hammond's the sort of guy who would get a kicking down the local pub, Clarkson is the sort who would get stuck in. I saw Clarkson on TV earlier, he looked like he had been dragged through 10 hedges backwards. Hammond wouldn't have given an interview unless he had spent 10 hours in makeup and wardrobe. Hammond hasn't got the entertainment factor Clarkson has.

Incidentally, a BBC head just likened Clarkson to (now then now then) Savile. Clarkson will probably kick off at such a comment.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hammond is a metrosexual, Clarkson is a bloke. Hammond's the sort of guy who would get a kicking down the local pub, Clarkson is the sort who would get stuck in. I saw Clarkson on TV earlier; he looked like he had been dragged through 10 hedges backwards. Hammond wouldn't have given an interview unless he had spent 10 hours in makeup and wardrobe. Hammond hasn't got the entertainment factor Clarkson has.

Incidentally, a BBC head just likened Clarkson to (now then, now then) Savile. Clarkson will probably kick off at such a comment.
    Yes, this new generation of soft gits worries me. ! Last year, I remember going to pick up a fare of 4 lads and the last one took about 3 mins to come to the car - the excuse was he could not get his shoes on.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Yes, this new generation of soft gits worries me. ! Last year I remember going to pick up a fare of 4 lads and the last one took about 3 mins to come to the car - the excuse was he could not get his shoes on.
    Good job you're not a taxi driver in Westminster, Les. Plenty of soft gits down there!

I'm hoping he quits before the BBC sack him for gross misconduct. Sounds like that's what's going to be happening from his rambling 'newspaper' column. Give Chris Evans a chance at replacing the
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I'm hoping he quits before the BBC sack him for gross misconduct. Sounds like that's what's going to be happening from his rambling 'newspaper' column. Give Chris Evans a chance at replacing the
    Replacing the what?

He will have no problem getting TV work. They reckon his phone will be ringing red hot. Maybe Julian Clarey would be more to your taste Joe.

This may be all home grown, remember Russell Brand when he opens his mouth too, just jumps onto any bandwagon. All he wanted was more publicity. WOW, that's another bloke who likes the sound of his own voice.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    He will have no problem getting TV work. They reckon his phone will be ringing red hot. Maybe Julian Clarey would be more to your taste Joe.
    Sure it will be. Good as long as it's on Sky only

Well I'm sure Julian Clarey is a bit too macho for your liking Les, and you would prefer 'Chase Me' Duncan Norvelle instead

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Duncan Norvelle is actually straight and happily married. I saw him in a gangster movie once

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

What are yer all doing now? It's 8.04 pm Check 'Dave', there could be a replay on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Duncan Norvelle is actually straight and happily married. I saw him in a gangster movie once
    I bet he was getting chased by cops.

Seems like a section of fans want Steve Coogan to replace him. Apparently he knows a thing or two about cars.

Respected Member
    I enjoy Top Gear even though most of jokes are telegraphed, cars keep accidentally getting damaged etc.

I would like Clarkson to stay, but am also a fan of Chris Evans. Steve Coogan is ok, but I find him funnier as Alan Partridge!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    I enjoy Top Gear even though most of jokes are telegraphed, cars keep accidentally getting damaged etc.

I would like Clarkson to stay, but am also a fan of Chris Evans. Steve Coogan is ok, but I find him funnier as Alan Partridge!
    Nice comment, yes, never thought of Chris Evans

Jeremy Clarkson’s Top Gear contract will not be renewed
    I'm hoping so

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...r-contract-bbc

He knew this would happen , you never know he may have planned it this way too, but hey ho here is me just thinking out loud maybe

he had to go .. he's 54 years old acting like some teenage thug

Oisin Tymon took himself to A&E after a 30-second physical attack caused swelling and bleeding to his lip, the inquiry found. It was accompanied by a sustained verbal tirade containing the “strongest expletives” and a threat to sack Tymon
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/liv...t-live-updates

Trusted Member
    Chris Evans stated on the radio this morning that there was no chance he would even want the job.

As for the rest of this overblown sorry affair: How much of my licence money have all these BBC PC pillocks wasted on a couple of blokes losing their tempers ? Yes, schoolyard stuff, and that's how it should be treated.

Now the idiot N Yorks police want to stick their noses in to waste even more money. Unbelievable.

Go and catch some damned burglars and drug pushers.

I wonder if it was the other way round and Mr Clarkson was on the receiving end , would he have sued this person or what would he have wanted to happen,
    Its funny that the richer they are the more they seem that they can sue you, again just me thinking out loud

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I wonder if it was the other way round and Mr Clarkson was on the receiving end , would he have sued this person or what would he have wanted to happen,
    Its funny that the richer they are the more they seem that they can sue you, again just me thinking out loud
    I doubt Clarkson would have even wiped his shoes on him

Trusted Member
    Erm, I think it's the 'rich' people who get sued.

They have the ability to pay.

A whole industry of parasites has now grown up around that fact.

Of course WE end up paying for it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    As for the rest of this overblown sorry affair: How much of my licence money have all these BBC PC pillocks wasted on a couple of blokes losing their tempers ? Yes, schoolyard stuff, and that's how it should be treated.
    one bloke losing his temper and assaulted another guy for 30 seconds and the producer didn't fight back,, Clarkson isn't a schoolboy thou,, he's 54, thou he acts like a kid

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Erm, I think it's the 'rich' people who get sued.

They have the ability to pay.

A whole industry of parasites has now grown up around that fact.

Of course WE end up paying for it all again.
    rich people can afford the best solicitors who know all the tricks to get them off scot free

If he was a pervert he would have got away with it

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    If he was a pervert he would have got away with it
    Clarkson a pervert? His Mrs would kill him!

There's a vacancy with One Direction if Clarkson's looking for work.

Even his friend Cameron has now backtracked on his support!
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    Jeremy represents many thousands of us grumpy old men.

A sad day imo. A 30 second fracas and he has a sore lip, what a poof, or can't I say that? What happened to the days when men were men? Sort it out and move on, again the PC crew win.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Yeah,hahaha,you can say poof,its freedom of speech in the uk for the time being,the producer actually went to A&E with his fat-lip,he is younger and fitter than clarkson but i dont think he retaliated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information