Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

UK Spouse visa application

I was married in the UK last October 25, 2014 while on my fiancee visa. Now, my visa has expired and I went back to the Philippines before it ended. I'm going to apply for a Spouse Visa now in the Philippines.. Can I submit our original British Marriage Contract as a proof of marital status?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikajamie View Post
    I was married in the UK last October 25, 2014 while on my fiancee visa. Now, my visa has expired and I went back to the Philippines before it ended. I'm going to apply for a Spouse Visa now in the Philippines.. Can I submit our original British Marriage Contract as a proof of marital status?
    Can't envisage any problem(s) with doing that. ... after all
    ... ... what better proof of your relationship than a legally-binding Marriage Contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Can't envisage any problem(s) with doing that. ... after all ... ... what better proof of your relationship than a legally-binding Marriage Contract.
    It says on the uk Spouse Visa requirements:

"Your proof of marriage must be authenticated by the Republic of The Philippines' National Statistics Office".

Can we just submit our British Marriage Certificate directly on my Spouse Visa application in the Philippines?

Thank you for all your help.

Why didn't you apply your FLR(M) immediately after your marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Would have saved you time money and all the hassles

Would have saved you time money and all the hassles
    's certainly [the] normal procedure. ...

... haven't come across a case where it's been done any other way.

I could not apply immediately for FLR because my passport was used for my son's British passport application.

Does anybody know where I can get an authenticated report of marriage if I was married in the UK? Can I get our report of marriage directly from the DFA in Manila? Thank you.

We've got a similar name!

UK Spouse visa application

Does anybody know if i can use our British Marriage Certificate to apply for a spouse visa application at VFS manila? We failed to register our marriage at the Philippine Embassy in London and now im back in the Philippines as we failed to apply for FLR while i was out there as well. please help me. there are reasons why i couldnt apply for FLr immediately after getting married but its a long story

Does anybody know where I can get an authenticated report of marriage if I was married in the UK? Can I get our report of marriage directly from the DFA in Manila? Thank you.
    If I understood you correctly, you want a report of your UK marriage. Here is where you can get a copy of your Marriage Certificate.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

It's really a simple process. I hope this helps. As for a report of your marriage, surely your marriage certificate should already suffice.

When you were married did you complete Report of Marriage to the Philippine Embassy in London?

If yes then there should be a record at NSO Philippines.
    There'll be no record if you didn't report it.

I mean I need a Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy in London. But since I failed to register our marriage while I was in London, I don't know what to do. And now I'm back in the Philippines. So, in order to apply for a Spouse Visa here in the Philippines, do I need to have a Report of Marriage from the Philippine Embassy in London?

So I need to report our marriage first over there? Can my husband who's British do it for us?

Can my husband file a Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy in London, as I'm back in the Philippines?

Can my husband file a Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy in London, as I'm back in the Philippines?
    Hmm ... well ... ... I'd have thought so. But, as I mentioned in my second post above, (#2) yours is the first "departure from the norm" I have encountered personally.

So I need to report our marriage first over there? Can my husband who's British do it for us?
    Technically your husband could file that Report of Marriage given he has all the documentation and is pretty good at your sign.

However, why would you want to go through all this?
    The visa application form certainly doesn't state that your marriage certificate needs authentication from NSO or that you need NSO certification at all.

To be frank, I'm really puzzled as to how and why you've gotten yourself into this position. Have you and your husband considered engaging an experienced immigration advisor in UK to help out?

UKBA are not recogonised as being helpful and understanding and you're really heading into a direction of a a complete restart.

I may not be updated on this point but where does it state you must have NSO authentication?

Hi Aikajamie,

I've merged all your posts into one thread so as to keep all the information and responses in one place.
    It'll make it easier for you and all the other members to keep a track on things.

We'll not go into the why's and wherefores of your position other than to say it was unecessary and you likely received poor advice.

Let's now move on and help you return to UK

Thank you.. it's just that..after getting married last October 25, 2014, both of us used our passports and submitted them as a requirement for our son's British Passport application in the Philippines.

We thought our son's British Passport application would only take 4 months at most..but it's been seven months and my visa expired even before we could manage to apply for FLR while I was over in the UK. I was forced to come back home and decided to just apply for a Spouse Visa with my son's application as well. Now ... as I've checked the requirements for a Spouse Visa application at VFS ... it says the Marriage Certificate has to be duly authenticated by the NSO...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thank you.. it's just that..after getting married last October 25, 2014, both of us used our passports and submitted them as a requirement for our son's British Passport application in the Philippines.

We thought our son's British Passport application would only take 4 months at most..but its been seven months and my visa expired even before we could manage to apply for FLR while I was over in the UK. I was forced to come back home and decided to just apply for a Spouse Visa with my son's application as well. Now ... as I've checked the requirements for a Spouse Visa application at VFS ... it says the Marriage Certificate has to be duly authenticated by the NSO...
    I think you will find that means a Philippines' Marriage Certificate. Sorry to say this, but what a mess you seem to have got yourself into. A bit of thought and common sense would have prevented the problem you have now. Anyway, I hope you can get sorted with the help of members here, and good luck!

......Now ... as I've checked the requirements for a Spouse Visa application at VFS ... it says the Marriage Certificate has to be duly authenticated by the NSO.
    VFS are not immigration advisors and are not authorised by UKVI to give advice.

They are engaged by UKVI to collect applications.

Why would UKVI require a UK-issued Marriage Certificate to be authorised by the Philippines' NSO.

When you say VFS requirements say it must be done, where is this written? Can you provide a link?

Why not just ask UKVI?

As far as I know, applications for a spouse visa need documentary evidence that you are actually married only.

Sorry to labour this point but you should really get the requirement confirmed from UKVI, not VFS or a public forum.

Visa applications for Settlement are too serious not to be sure on any aspect.

If you have the budget, I'd strongly suggest your husband engages an experienced immigration advisor.

Ok, thank you very much.

I suggest you call the NSO helpline on (02) 737-1111. I am sure they will be able to sort it out

Delayed Registration of Marriage

In delayed registration of marriage, the solemnizing officer or the person reporting or representing the marriage certificate for registration shall be required to execute and file an affidavit in support thereof, stating the exact place and date of marriage, the facts and circumstances surrounding the marriage, and the reason or cause of the delay.

will

Thread Information