Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Camotes Island

Camotes Island

Hello, just want to ask if anybody here has visited this place and stayed at Mangodlong Paradise Beach Resort? What is your feedback on this place? We're thinking of going there in May but any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

One of my weddings was in San Francisco Ca
    At St Joseph Parish Church

We toured all over Camotes and stayed one night at Mangodlong Paradise beach Resort.
    We were so much impressed we decided to go back another time and spend a week there which we eventually did.

It was quite expensive especially as we upgraded, however worth every centavos.
    It quite a small place, not sure how many rooms seem to remember something like 30 max.

It's always difficult to recommend these places as we're all different in what we're looking for.
    For us this was a perfect place, relaxing and romantic with unbelievable views at sunset. At the same time there was enough to see and do around the location.
    Needless to say the beach was straight out of a holiday brochure

I haven't stayed at many other places, but my feeling is that Mangodlong Paradise beach Resort would be the best place on the island by a country mile.

Would love to go back sometime

I'm confident you'll all be blown away. The pool is out of this world, I doubt you'll find a better one anywhere.

Happy hols

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    One of my weddings was in San Francisco Ca
    At St Joseph Parish Church

We toured all over Camotes and stayed one night at Mangodlong Paradise beach Resort.
    We were so much impressed we decided to go back another time and spend a week there which we eventually did.

It was quite expensive especially as we upgraded, however worth every centavos.
    It quite a small place, not sure how many rooms seem to remember something like 30 max.

It's always difficult to recommend these places as we're all different in what we're looking for.
    For us this was a perfect place, relaxing and romantic with unbelievable views at sunset. At the same time there was enough to see and do around the location.
    Needless to say the beach was straight out of a holiday brochure

I haven't stayed at many other places, but my feeling is that Mangodlong Paradise beach Resort would be the best place on the island by a country mile.

Would love to go back sometime

I'm confident you'll all be blown away. The pool is out of this world, I doubt you'll find a better one anywhere.

Happy hols
    Thanx Terpe. I think we found the best place. Been researching about this place and Mangodlong Paradise Beach Resort is highly recommended.....we don't have much time since we have other places to visit, but do you think 2-3 days is enough to see much of the island? Btw how much did you pay for the room?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

We stayed at San Diego Beach Resort on Camotes Island.

Beautiful place.

Just be aware that there are no ATM machines on the island. We got stuck there because of a typhoon and the ferries were cancelled. So it's good to have spare cash for backup just in case.

You can easily see the island in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    We stayed at San Diego Beach Resort on Camotes Island.

Beautiful place.

Just be aware that there are no ATM machines on the island. We got stuck there because of a typhoon and the ferries were cancelled. So it's good to have spare cash for backup just in case.

You can easily see the island in two days.
    Can't find the name of that resort Cheekee. Maybe you mean Santiago Bay Resort? How long is the travel time from Cebu?

Ahh ... Camotes Island. I can only imagine the beautiful place across from my aunt's house. Never been there.

Leen, can you get back to us after you've gone there? Hubby and I don't have plans in going back to the Philippines yet, but when we do, we might consider that as part of our itinerary.

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    Can't find the name of that resort Cheekee. Maybe you mean Santiago Bay Resort? How long is the travel time from Cebu?
    Yes you are right. I miss spelled it.

We took a ferry from Danao and it took approx 2 hours. The ferry has an aircon first class section which was great on the way out but didn't work on the way back

I think the ferry cost about 250 pesos per person plus terminal fee. There is a Ceres coach that goes to Danao from the bus station.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Ahh ... Camotes Island. I can only imagine the beautiful place across from my aunt's house. Never been there.

Leen, can you get back to us after you've gone there? Hubby and I don't have plans in going back to the Philippines yet, but when we do, we might consider that as part of our itinerary.
    Sure, Anne2014 - no problem at all. Btw, where are you from in the Philippines?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Yes you are right. I miss spelled it.

We took a ferry from Danao and it took approx 2 hours. The ferry has an aircon first class section which was great on the way out but didn't work on the way back

I think the ferry cost about 250 pesos per person plus terminal fee. There is a Ceres coach that goes to Danao from the bus station.
    Thanx Cheekee, not really that bad then.....do you have any idea what is the last trip of the ferry out of Camotes?

Thanx Cheekee, not really that bad then.....do you have any idea what is the last trip of the ferry out of Camotes?
    You will need to check with the ferry operator the day before to ensure the ferries are running. I think the ferries are run by Jomalia.

It's a very nice ferry.
    Our return journey was a bit rough though
    I really liked Camotes Island, it held a really nice calm feeling for us.
    I knew the Priest at St. Joseph very well. He's now in Lapu Lapu.
    We don't often get to Cebu for a stay.

Respected Member
    These are the schedules as posted in Tripadvisor 2 years' ago:

a) Danao (Cebu) to Consuela (San Fran, Camotes)

Departures:- 5:30 am, 8:30 am, 10 am, 12 noon, 5:30 pm, 9 pm.

When we travelled, the 5:30 pm roro left at 6 pm and we reached Consuela at 8 pm, Mangodlong paradise resort at 8:30 pm

Ferry ticket = 180 pesos (+5 pesos terminal fee)

Travel time = 2 hours

b) Return:- (Consuela Camotes to Danao) -

3:30 am, 5:30 am, 9 am, 12:30 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm

However, some ferries do get cancelled! You can also see more information here:

http://theparadoxicleyline.blogspot....l#.Ufij96wgW_I

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    These are the schedules as posted in TripAdvisor 2 years' ago:

a) Danao (Cebu) to Consuela (San Fran, Camotes)

Departures:- 5:30 am, 8:30 am, 10 am, 12 noon, 5:30 pm, 9 pm.

When we travelled, the 5:30 pm ro-ro ferry left at 6 pm and we reached Consuela at 8 pm, Mangodlong paradise resort at 8:30 pm

Ferry ticket = 180 pesos (+5 pesos terminal fee)

Travel time = 2 hours

b) Return:- (Consuela Camotes to Danao) -

3:30 am, 5:30 am, 9 am, 12:30 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm

However, some ferries do get cancelled! You can also see more information here:

http://theparadoxicleyline.blogspot....l#.Ufij96wgW_I
    Thanks Irishman, I found a ferries timetables in Flying Fish resort website; just hope it's updated...

Done our travel itinerary, booked some flights, copied all resorts' contact numbers. Just have to wait for May 3 now for our flight....hubby just wishes we can spend our month's stay in the Philippines travelling,! But unfortunately we can't, I have to see my family too. So have to split it up.

Sure, Anne2014 - no problem at all. Btw, where are you from in the Philippines?
    I was based in Cebu but born in General Santos City

Bisaya man di kang dako Anne2014, daghan nata

I have a plan to visit Gen San this year for the Tuna festival

Bisaya man di kang dako Anne2014, daghan nata

Yes. Was brought up speaking English then went to school and learned Tagalog and Cebuano, attended a University with Ilonggo-speaking majority. 'Saksak sinagol' lagi

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I have a plan to visit Gen San this year for the Tuna festival
    That would be in September. Watch out for the 'floats', they are superb!

Thread Information