Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Job Advice For My Filipina [Teaching/Nurse?]

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been talking to my girlfriend and she is interested in becoming either a teacher or a nurse in this country, but I am not familiar with the education system in the Philippines and how to advise her on what studies she should do before we get married and she moves to the UK [Midlands] and apply for a job.

She is looking to go to college in the Philippines, but I don't know what she should study.

PS I also told her to join this forum for information too.

All help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Daryl

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl.T View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

I have been talking to my girlfriend and she is interested in becoming either a teacher or a nurse in this country, but I am not familiar with the education system in the Philippines and how to advise her on what studies she should do before we get married and she moves to the UK [Midlands] and apply for a job.

She is looking to go to college in the Philippines, but I don't know what she should study.

PS I also told her to join this forum for information too.

All help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Daryl
    Daryl

For nursing I don't think the time scale would suit. After qualifying in she would have to do 1 year practice in the Philippines and pass the IELTS language requirements before she could register with the NMC and apply for UK jobs

http://www.nmc-uk.org/Registration/J...e-the-EU--EEA/

I've no idea about teaching

Daryl T, I think this depends a lot on your timescales i.e., your wedding plans etc. There is, as far as I am aware, NO fast track to teaching or nursing in either the Philippines or the UK - both Countries require that you complete a Degree in each of the subjects that you have mentioned. Even if your Gf gets a degree, I'm not sure of the status of those degrees in this country.

I'm sure someone with more in-depth knowledge on those subjects will advise you better than I can, but definitely there is NO short cut to either of those 2 careers.

For either of those professions you are looking at a minimum of 5 years and many hurdles. Why don't you bring her here and - if she has sufficient English skills - she could do a Nursing course in UK. Sure, it may be a bit more expensive than the latter, but will take less time. Good luck.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    For either of those professions you are looking at a minimum of 5 years and many hurdles. Why don't you bring her here and - if she has sufficient English skills - she could do a Nursing course in UK. Sure, it may be a bit more expensive than the latter, but will take less time. Good luck.
    This is a better idea in my opinion. More often than not, the UK doesn't recognise the degrees in the Philippines, as it's different compared to here. So one would be required to take courses here anyway. So what Robbie suggested is a better option.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thank you for the advice everyone

After talking to her further, it is her mother's desire for her to enter these fields; she doesn't want to. So we discussed it a lot further and she is going to do something else that she wants to do on a shorter time scale.

Thread Information