Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Ridiculous

Ridiculous

Read more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31729808

I would imagine the police officer in question has been called worse than a pleb during his career as a copper.

Money grabbing pleb.

Plod nowadays are like footballers bring back Regan and Carter. Any politician calling them a pleb would be given a good kicking

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Read more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31729808

I would imagine the police officer in question has been called worse than a pleb during his career as a copper.

Money grabbing pleb.
    Yes, he may have been called worse, but on this one I don't blame him for grabbing the £80,000!

Away back in the dim and distant past as a youngster - like most kids - I was subjected to taunts from my peers. Always taller than average for my age ... and, of course, with a surname like mine ... I used to mockingly be called "BIG Little". Hardly surprising really ... ... when one thinks about it! It did annoy me intensely at the time, though.

OK, it's not as bad as being called a "pleb" maybe. But all the same, I remember feeling hurt - and possibly what irritated me most was the *other kids' pronunciation of my surname in the local dialect (I'd not long moved up to the rural Perthshire village of Glenfarg from my native Glasgow) whereupon the 't's in my name seemed somehow to've been dropped in *their [I thought] peculiar accent, so that to me it sounded more like "Lu~hle" when the wee buggers pronounced it. Grr ... !

Anyway, it was around that time, I first heard the well-known couplet ... the words of which have stuck in my mind ever since:

"Sticks an' stones may break my bones
    But names will never harm me
    !"

Methinks more adults should make those words their motto. Perhaps then, there would be less excuse for folk taking one another to court and suing them for ridiculous sums of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Yes, he may have been called worse, but on this one I don't blame him for grabbing the £80,000!
    It was hardly a gift though Michael. He instigated it by making a song and dance about something most men would have shrugged off.

Whose pocket does the actual cash come out of?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Have to agree with Michael on this one. What gives a toffee nosed tw-t the right to talk down to a police officer like that? Also been shown to be a liar! Good on the copper, I would certainly be smiling too...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Have to agree with Michael on this one. What gives a toffee nosed tw-t the right to talk down to a police officer like that? Also been shown to be a liar! Good on the copper, I would certainly be smiling too...
    Fair point about Mitchell and I'm not defending him at all. It's just ludicrous the copper gets £80k for being called a name. If he was badly injured in the line of duty then fair enough.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    It is not that he was called a Pleb but that Mitchell called him a liar.

I know several people who believed Mitchell's lies, and added their gut feeling that the coppers had all lied.

Well now that gut feeling can be put to bed.

Had there been no compensation many would still be saying that a copper lied.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Plod nowadays are like footballers bring back Regan and Carter. Any politician calling them a pleb would be given a good kicking
    Seconded Tawi

You're nicked for the murder of Delphine Parks, the rape and attempted murder of Nina Akiboa. Anything you say will be taken down, ripped up and shoved down your scrawny little throat until you've choked to death. Gene Hunt chapter 1 verse 2.

Dirty Harry and the homicidal maniac. Harry's the one with the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    It is not that he was called a Pleb but that Mitchell called him a liar.

I know several people who believed Mitchell's lies, and added their gut feeling that the coppers had all lied.

Well now that gut feeling can be put to bed.

Had there been no compensation many would still be saying that a copper lied.
    Totally agree John. Another lying Tory dealt with.

Thread Information