Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Cheap flights

Cheap flights

Just looking for flights over to the Phils, maybe around November time.

Some great prices out there and with lots of carriers too, but with the cheap flight comes the long stopover.

Is it worth paying the extra for the shortest trip? Who knows, only yourself, but at the end of the day it's more money!

I am looking for flights at the minute for the next week or so. It's on a whim, maybe I'll go, maybe I wont, but direct or a short stopover with Cathay in Honkers adds at least a hundred quid or more onto the fare. Choices choices, but spending 36 hours in an airport between flights isn't really appealing at the minute.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Snap!

I've seen flights for around £520 going in November with Qatar & Etihad from LHR/MAN.

It seems Vietnam Airlines are getting in on the act too flying from UK to the Phils. Not sure if they're any good though.

I have just been looking at those flights too Jamie. I would like Cathay prices to be the same and I would go with them, but their flights are another £250 each.

You've got plenty of time, Steve. No need to rush to book for November. I paid around £460 for a flight in November 2013 with Cathay which was booked in the July.

Respected Member
    PAL seems like the best option by far!

A few weeks ago, we managed to book flights with PAL in December for about £750. This is a fantastic price, since we're flying on the peak weekends. With two young children, the direct flights will be perfect. They'll just watch movies and fall asleep (hopefully)!

So, in answer to the original question, I would pay a bit more for a direct flight. But PAL seems like great value anyway! The same dates that we booked would have been £1300 with Cathay.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    PAL seems like the best option by far!

A few weeks ago, we managed to book flights with PAL in December for about £750. This is a fantastic price, since we're flying on the peak weekends. With two young children, the direct flights will be perfect. They'll just watch movies and fall asleep (hopefully)!

So, in answer to the original question, I would pay a bit more for a direct flight. But PAL seems like great value anyway! The same dates that we booked would have been £1300 with Cathay.
    Spensive!

Well I.ve booked my return flight to Cebu - with a bargain price of 428 quid return, flying 3rd May - so I,m one happy chappie!

Cathay Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Well I,ve booked my return flight to Cebu - with a bargain price of 428 quid return, flying 3rd May - so I,m one happy chappie!

Cathay Pacific.
    That's a fantastic price, well done

Excellent price for Cebu! That's my favourite entry point They ain't making you fly in the baggage hold for that fare are they?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Nope, lol! I couldn't believe the price: Cheapest ticket to Cebu I,ve ever paid in 5 years.

A great price!

Thread Information