Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Adoption Pinoy Style 2

A few years ago, I wrote about a boy my friends adopted. The child was being given away before he had even left the womb, his pregnant mother was hawking him around the local marketplace. Anyway, my friend took him, my friend's wife registered herself as the boys mum and he is now an integral part of the family. A cheeky, cheerful chappie, a bundle of mischief really. I took him to Davao Croc Farm last month and he asked could he go in the tiger cages. I wanted to chuck him in! I always think a house needs a child to give it character, and this boy is the apple of the eyes of my mate and his wife. He is truly a blessing to them.

I heard earlier this week his birth mother is once again pregnant - and once again offering all and sundry her unborn child. She is single and hasn't a partner. Some people just don't learn!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    A few years ago, I wrote about a boy my friends adopted. The child was being given away before he had even left the womb, his pregnant mother was hawking him around the local marketplace. Anyway, my friend took him, my friend's wife registered herself as the boys mum and he is now an integral part of the family. A cheeky, cheerful chappie, a bundle of mischief really.I took him to Davao Croc Farm last month and he asked could he go in the tiger cages. I wanted to chuck him in! I always think a house needs a child to give it character, and this boy is the apple of the eyes of my mate and his wife. He is truly a blessing to them.

I heard earlier this week his mother is once again pregnant -
    and once again offering all and sundry her unborn child. She is single, and hasn't a partner. Some people just don't learn!
    Ker Ching?

No Michael, they got the boy for free. I think she is giving the second kid away for nowt as well. Only in Pinas!

I have heard stories of kids being sold in the past, and knew a girl who had a sister that was bought for 1,000 pesos as a baby.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Contraception should be taught whilst at school and all the consequences of not using contraception - including unwanted children!

Blame Catholicism, the more kids produced, the more people to fund those big churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Contraception should be taught whilst at school and all the dangers of not using contraception including unwanted children!
    As far as I understand it that happens in UK even to the extent of giving birth control pills to underage girls.
    Doesn't seem to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

Having said that, you're correct that there's such a lot to be done on that in Philippines.
    Those members of the Catholic Church who actively discourage such education and contraception should be ashamed and should have some of their own anti-Catholic behaviours exposed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Blame Catholicism, the more kids produced, the more people to fund those big churches.
    And more kids for the struck-off European priests to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Contraception should be taught whilst at school and all the consequences of not using contraception - including unwanted children!
    They can be taught all they want about contraception but in Phils, at 500PHP a pop for Diane pills, unless they have decent money they will never afford to buy them.

It's not the stories where kids are found a home that scares me but the other sort where they are either trafficked, dumped in a river or at a roadside!

One reason I hate visiting Manila is the amount of street kids. It's not the kids' faults, but I always feel guilt because my own kid wanted for nothing when he was their age yet had everything, yet these kids need everything and have nothing.

My woman came with me to Thailand in January. The first thing she noticed was the lack of street kids compared to Pinas. If you can't afford to feed, house and clothe one child, why knock 3-4-5-6 out while you're living in a squat and can barely feed yourself. it would make your heart bleed as a parent not being able to do the best you can for them. And yes, I understand the Asian/African belief that, if you knock as many kids out as possible, some of them will be around to cushion you in your old age. But it's a dated, primitive, selfish, outmoded custom

Thread Information