Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Davao Jeepney Routes

My objective in starting this thread is to outline those official jeepney routes that I believe will be of interest and benefit for anyone who lives or visits Davao City.
    It's a pretty massive city in terms of land area and getting around easily, quickly and cheaply will hopefully be of interest. Not least because the official jeepney routes are just not published or documented anywhere on the internet that I can find.
    (If anyone knows differently please let me know as it will be a big help).

I'll be updating and expanding each route as I discover more detailed information.
    I'll also attempt to create some map of each route and best places to change route based on price and seat availabilty.

Jeepney Route 4

The other day I needed to get to The Davao Immigration Offices but wasn't sure exactly how to do it door-to-door by jeepney from my house.
    After a discussion with a trusted family member who has a furniture shop in Quezon Boulevard and a little bit of practical research (riding a jeepney) I discoved a nice "circular route" called Jeepney Route 4
    The jeepneys will have route 4 painted on them in large letters. Also they'll have small signs in the front window with the major places next of their 'list'

Even though Route 4 is a circulation route you still need to know where to jump-off to reach your destination or your next jump-on jeepney ride.
    Means you need to look out for landmarks to help with your spots. In a way there's concerns about missing your 'stop' since eventually you end up exactly where you got on. (Just pay for another 'circulation')
    I didn't mention how much to the driver just said Bayad po and handed over P8 each.

Here's the journey for a Route 4 Jeepney from my own Quezon Boulevard start position with a couple of easy landmarks (in Parentheses) to look out for along the way:-

Quezon Boulevard
    (DCLA Shopping Centre/Timeless Treasures and lots of furniture shops)
    San Pedro Street
    CM Recto Ave.
    (San Pedro Cathedral/Marco Polo Hotel)
    JP.Laurel Ave.
    (Immigration Offices/G-Mall/Victoria Plaza/Abreeza)
    Cabaguio Ave.
    Leon Garcia Street
    Quezon Boulevard

This is quite an interesting route and an easy one to try as a sort of city tour.
    My wife was very happy since there are 3 big shopping malls within a couple of minutes of each other on the same road.

For me the important factor was how easy to find and visit the Immigration Offices

Davao Jeepney Route 10

Again the Jeepneys will clearly be displayed/painted with Route 10

I took this route primarily for just for fun, (even though I wanted to know how to get to the main PLDT outlet and Davao City Hall), as I was told it's a short circular covering plenty of 'useful to know places'
    Cost me P16 point-to-point. Not sure if this is correct but that's what I gave and the driver didn't say anything to me.

I was told the official starting point and ending point is Bankerohan Public Market. Means that's probably the best place to find a reasonable jeep and reasonable seat.

Obviously you can jump on and off at will in any of the streets en-route.

I actually started my journey at the Aldevinco Shopping Centre across the road from the Marco Polo Hotel on CM Recto.

CM Recto (Opposite Marco Polo next to Aldevinco Centre)
    R.Magsaysay Ave
    (Metrobank/Department of Social Welfare/Chinatown Mall)
    Leon Garcia St.
    (Medical Mission Hospital)
    Agdao Flyover
    Cabaguio Ave
    (National Statistics Office)
    JP Laurel
    (Davao Light and Power/Abreeza Shopping Mall/Victoria Plaza/Immigration Offices/G-Mall)
    R.Magsaysay
    C.Bangoy St.
    (PLDT Davao Ponciano/University of Mindanao)
    Bolton St
    San Pedro St
    (Rizal Park/Davao City Hall Drive)
    Marfori St. (Bankerohan Public Market)
    Datu Bago Drive
    E.Quirino Ave
    Illustre Ext
    (Farmers Market Center)
    A.Pichon St
    (Davao City Hall/Osmeña Park)
    CM Recto
    (San Pedro Cathedral/Marco Polo Hotel)

I couldn't figure out as many key landmarks as I'd liked to have done, but next time I ride route 10 I'll update the details and add a few more landmarks to this post.

I remember reading something "Mindanao Bob" (I love that name! ) Wrote a while ago, that there were 82 jeepney routes in the Davao area - and the LTO have route lists.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I remember reading something "Mindanao Bob" (I love that name!) Wrote a while ago, that there were 82 jeepney routes in the Davao area - and the LTO have route lists.
    I went to LTO with a neighbour who runs a jeepney and we discussed with many of the people there. Nobody we spoke with has any knowledge of published jeepney route listings. Doesn't mean they don't exist somewhere. Just means nobody knows.

That's why I decided to make these lists.

Well it gives me a relaxing break riding around people-watching.

Yes, to get a route you have to apply to the LTO. It's Pinas - the route lists/maps are probably stuffed away gathering dust in the back of a cupboard or something! But as you said, its good to jump on, jump off and just people watch. Always something different to see.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    My wife was very happy since there are 3 big shopping malls within a couple of minutes of each other on the same road.
    There's also the rather newer SM Lanang about 2 km further up JP Laurel which is, in fact, a far nicer shopping centre than Ayala's Abreeza and is one of the first upmarket SM malls outside Manila. Like Abreeza, there's a (larger) Marks and Spencer and a branch of Mothercare and numerous pricey boutiques.

Good to see that you decided to move to Davao, I know it was a toss-up between here and Manila.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabawenyo View Post
    Good to see that you decided to move to Davao, I know it was a toss-up between here and Manila.
    Same for us.
    But to be honest I found it very difficult to settle there even though we had a very nice house in Marikina City within a few minutes of SM Marikina.

The house is quite large and has been on the market for some time. Plenty of time wasters looking to get a cheap price but we're in no hurry and don't care how long it takes.
    Family members still use it from time to time but basically there's not much left inside now.

We are really very happy here in Davao and have found a really great location to live.
    We plan to buy somewhere here later, but again we're not rushing. We know exactly what we want and where and can wait.

There's also the rather newer SM Lanang about 2 km further up JP Laurel which is, in fact, a far nicer shopping centre than Ayala's Abreeza and is one of the first upmarket SM malls outside Manila. Like Abreeza, there's a (larger) Marks and Spencer and a branch of Mothercare and numerous pricey boutiques.
    We do visit SM Lanang from time to time, usually for eating out with selected family members.
    We generaly take a taxi.

Just out of interest do you know which number jeepney would we take from say CM Recto or Quezon Boulevard ?

BTW welcome aboard Filipina Roses

Why not make an short introduction about yourself ?

We are really very happy here in Davao and have found a really great location to live.
    We plan to buy somewhere here later, but again we're not rushing. We know exactly what we want and where and can wait.
    We've found a great place also - a newly-built bungalow standing in 1200 sq metres of gardens near SM City. We also own a large lot outside the city proper with an unfinished house.

We do visit SM Lanang from time to time, usually for eating out with selected family members.
    Yes there's a good choice of restaurants there and if something more formal is needed, there's the Park Inn across the car park (connecting bridge on SM's first floor).

We generaly take a taxi.

Just out of interest do you know which number jeepney would we take from say CM Recto or Quezon Boulevard ?
    No, sorry I don't. Apart from the fact that we live in Matina, close to Ecoland, we have two young sons that increasingly require ferrying around the city so we've also been using taxis and summoning them with "Grab Taxi" which has just finished its introductory promo (40 Pesos off the metered fare). A neighbour offered us his 3 year old Fortuner which we know he has looked after extraordinarily well at a price that was too good to pass. Before parting with the cash, a Toyota engineer spent a few hours checking it over.

BTW welcome aboard Filipina Roses
    Thanks Peter!

We've found a great place also - a newly-built bungalow standing in 1200 sq metres of gardens near SM City. We also own a large lot outside the city proper with an unfinished house.
    Ideally that's what I'd prefer, a nice bungalow on on good size lot.
    Not that I can't manage the stairs right now. But my knees are not good and I sometimes have some pain.
    Foolishly I continued playing rugby beyond 39 when I really should have stopped. Eventually I had no choice.

We used to go very often to Matina wet market for seafoods, but often found it tricky to find space on the jeepney when getting home. Most often now we go into Toril market for our seafoods. There's a newish GMall there with a good bakery on the ground floor where I get my French baguettes.

The jeepneys the larger ones and are always half empty and the terminal is just outside Toril Chowking so it's no problem getting a good seat home whenever.

We're both really enjoying our retirement life here in Davao City.
    We live within a few minutes of the MacArthur highway so find it easy to travel around to pretty much anywhere.

There's a newish GMall there with a good bakery on the ground floor where I get my French baguettes.

We're both really enjoying our retirement life here in Davao City.
    We live within a few minutes of the MacArthur highway so find it easy to travel around to pretty much anywhere.
    S & R generally always have baguettes and I think the Swiss Deli opposite may do also. Failing that, there's a good expat hang-out there called De Boerderij (Dutch for 'The Farm') owned by a Dutch expat and his wife - there's also a branch in GenSan. They make a range of breads and rolls and I am sure could be persuaded to make some baguettes if there's a regular order. The Swiss Deli also produces English-style Back Bacon (smoked and unsmoked) and some tolerable pork bangers.

Thread Information