Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access) tupacferret's Avatar

Looking for UK-based companionship/friendship or more

Hi to one and all. Not been on here in 4 yrs now, but got to the point where I thought it might be worth trying again. I'm looking for UK-based ladies to talk, meet and become friends, companions or more. I've lots of Fillipina friends on Facebook and tagged etc, and love the way you ladies are. But I'll be truthful here, I cannot afford the time, hassle and living in Philippines before getting someone here. I'm an ordinary guy - not rich!

It seems that you need £1,000s ...2 yrs plus and travelling to Asia to get a lady to be able to come here. Ok I'm 60 and the clock's ticking, so is there anything worth looking at here? I've joined UK/Asian dating sites, and tbh, not one has had women from the UK on it.

Help and advice please.

Difficult one for you mate, the hoops you need to jump through have tightened in the 4 years since you were last here.

The only site that I know of where you may find someone from the Philippines is "Date in Asia". You will need to be patient, but there are Filipinas living in the UK on that site, and its a free site.

The only other advice I can give is, you could always move to the Philippines.. if the Mountain won't come to you, then move to the Mountain..

Does it have to be a Pinay? To be honest, love happens in the most unexpected way in the most ordinary of places. You might meet someone in your neighbourhood or down Tesco frozen food aisle! Filipinas are just women, no better nor worse than women worldwide. It's individuals we meet and fall in love with. Time's passing, as you pointed out, so don't fixate on a group of women 7,500 miles away when true love might be waiting just around the corner under your very nose. Plenty of UK women in their late 50's early 60's who are single. Good luck!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I've seen UK based Pinays on Cherry Blossoms and Filipina Cupid but the one's that are recently online amount only to a few dozen. I also find them to have a different attitude to their Philippines-based counterparts.

I suppose you could broaden your horizons to Europe as I have seen Filipinas on dating sites located in places like Cyprus and Spain and if they've been living there long enough they may have EU Citizenship.

Trusted Member
    At 63 I'm old enough to know that you tend to get out of life what you can be bothered to put into it.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I've seen UK based Pinays on Cherry Blossoms and Filipina Cupid but the one's that are recently online amount only to a few dozen. I also find them to have a different attitude to their Philippines-based counterparts.

I suppose you could broaden your horizons to Europe as I have seen Filipinas on dating sites located in places like Cyprus and Spain and if they've been living there long enough they may have EU Citizenship.
    May I suggest the ones actually living in the UK are more hard work

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    May I suggest the ones actually living in the UK are more hard work
    That's what I meant when I said they have a different attitude.

They are more choosy if we are being honest!

I never looked for love... I wasn't looking for love...I was quite happy to be single.

I didn't have a particular type of woman I liked, just not English women.

Then I found my true love who just happened to be from Philippines.... Yes, it cost lots money-wise to be with her. But I don't regret one penny spent on achieving what I have almost three years down the line.... A loving wife and a lovely newborn baby...

Age is just a number and I didn't think I would ever get married or have a kid as most of my friends did that in their twenties....

But you never know what's around the corner. So instead of setting your sights on an Asian woman, open your eyes wider and you may just find that true love is closer to home if you don't have the finances to go further.

But to be blunt, you are unlikely to find her on here as this isn't a dating site!

Good luck on your search though.......

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    And if we're being brutally honest, they have Feet Under the Table Syndrome!

As an example of what you guys are saying, when the ladies are in RP, their specified age range on dating sites is typically:
    "Looking for Male 25 to 80"; then once they are already in the UK, that age range usually comes down to someone within their own age group. That's the biggest difference.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Yep....no need to settle for a fat old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    As an example of what you guys are saying, when the ladies are in RP, their specified age range on dating sites is typically:
    "Looking for Male 25 to 80"; then once they are already in the UK, that age range usually comes down to someone within there own age group. That's the biggest difference.
    I didn't take much notice of the UK based ones, but some of the girls in the Phils look for men between 18 and 99, but generally they range from their own age up to "retirement age". My ex however was looking for someone below 40 and at the time I was 39.

One advantage you older gents have over us younger ones is that you appeal to some Pinays because they think a younger man is more likely to cheat.

On a side note, Harry, a Filipina from Bournemouth messaged me when I was last on a dating site about three months ago but my membership expired so I couldn't read it or reply to it. I think she was on Cherry Blossoms, in her late forties and just had the solitary photo but she reminded me of this woman below but without the make-up. I think you can do a search for free without having to pay so it may be worth a try if you're interested.

As others have said - best go to the Philippines.

Most Filipinas here in the UK who are on the dating sites, tend to be divorcees looking for guys about their own age. Often, having lived here for many years, they've become assimilated and integrated with Western values and so their attitudes are little different from those of British women. That's fine if that is what you are looking for.

I don't think you would really need "thousands". You could probably get a discounted return flight from about £500 and living over there is really cheap - very easy to get a hotel room or maybe a short term rental (through sites like Airbnb etc) for £20/£30 a night.

Take a couple of months out, go over there and just have a nice extended holiday.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander01 View Post
    As others have said - best go to the Philippines.

Most Filipinas here in the UK who are on the dating sites, tend to be divorcees looking for guys about their own age. Often, having lived here for many years, they've become assimilated and integrated with Western values and so their attitudes are little different from those of British women. That's fine if that is what you are looking for.

I don't think you would really need "thousands". You could probably get a discounted return flight from about £500 and living over there is really cheap - very easy to get a hotel room or maybe a short term rental (through sites like Airbnb etc) for £20/£30 a night.

Take a couple of months out, go over there and just have a nice extended holiday.
    Good advice!

Trusted Member
    Always amazes me how people are often are prepared to spend more on a depreciating second-hand car than they are on potentially meeting a wonderful life-long partner...never mind having a great holiday and adventure.

Lets think about this for a minute.. What young single Filipina (or even middle aged Filipina) would want to hook up with someone in their 60`s/70`s in the UK if they are already there and in the loop?
    Pretty sure they have the pick of the bunch as some of us did when we were their age.
    Just saying..Not being ageist or anything..Just realistic. (For the UK,anyway.)

You're right Graham.

I think some don't realise what a fantastic holiday destination the Phils really is. Islands, mountains, volcanoes, lakes, beaches, waterfalls, rice terraces, Fields Avenue , cows in Cavite .....there's something for everyone.

Why not kill two bird with one stone?

Adding to what Highlander said, I think a budget of £1500 if you were to get a 59 day visa would suffice. So long as you were able to get nice accommodation such as this in Bohol, for the same kind of price. http://www.villadelpueblo.com/

It includes a swimming pool and when I was there two years ago they had a sign advertising rooms for around £40 per week. Together with the airfare which nowadays can be obtained for as low as £400 this would leave approx. £100 per week to spend and providing you don't mind eating the local food or fast food, you'll have at least £65 p/w to play with as you wish. That equates to about 200 bottles of San Miguel from the sari-sari if my maths are correct.

If you have more cash at your disposal my advice would be to travel about a bit when you're over there.

Trusted Member
    Good post Jamie...and thanks for explaining why this tight old git goes there so often.

I've made a mistake. The rooms at that hotel were £40 a week, not month which means you'll need around £1500 for the two months. I will edit it now.

Trusted Member
    Forgiven.
    Anyway, last trip (Nov last) I rented an apartment for a month for 2500 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Forgiven.
    Anyway, last trip (Nov last ) I rented an apartment for a month for 2500 pesos.
    That sounds very like £10 per week to me . Was that in Pangasinan? Anyway, that deserves some rep Graham. Nice one!

Actually, finding a Filipina out in the provinces might be the better option. I bet there's some who have never even heard of dating sites too.

The ladies in the Philippines are different.
    They look different, they act different, they carry themselves differently, they speak different and they think different.
    They are Philippine ladies in the Filipino culture.

Not all, but most of those that end up in UK tend to integrate rapidly and in the process lose far too much of those attributes that made them Filipina.
    They become British.
    The characteristics and traits that are so beguiling tend to get diluted.

As an ex-pat living in Davao, I've also changed, in a good way I hope. I definitely don't make value judgements so much, especially about people. I seem to somehow have time to understand much more about the details of life and people here and find the chaos far less daunting.

I don't feel the slightest bit homesick.
    The majority of Filipina's living in UK tend to have a hard time with feeling homesick. It's a sign of the huge difference in cultural values, daily life and food.
    Their homesick feelings gradually fade as they assimilate to their new environment.
    Just my 2 centavos

Respected Member
    Forgiven.
    Anyway, last trip (Nov last) I rented an apartment for a month for 2500 pesos.
    I bet that was grim sleeping with the cockroaches

How was the 24-hour security and air con?

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I bet that was grim sleeping with the cockroaches

How was the 24-hour security and air con?
    It was a brand new apartment in my partner's provincial town. Clean and not at all grim.

We're not all sex tourists staying in overpriced knocking shops.

Trusted Member
    Great posts Peter and Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Not all, but most of those that end up in UK tend to integrate rapidly and in the process lose far too much of those attributes that made them Filipina.
    They become British.
    The characteristics and traits that are so beguiling tend to get diluted.
    I wonder if that applies to tampos?

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I wonder if that applies to tampos?
    Did you find that trait beguiling ?

Tampo takes some understanding, if you do understand it then generally you should find it pretty easy to manage.
    It's not at all malicious. If it becomes so then it's not Tampo and you'd be best advised not to continue in that relationship.
    Just my 2 centavos

I have told girlfriends in the past if I wanted tampo in a woman I would have tried to have a daughter. It's cute in a 4 year old - not a 34 year old. I would rather have a relationship with a mature adult whom I can talk things through with, than a sulking, stroppy woman. It really rankles with me when they sulk

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    It was a brand new apartment in my partner's provincial town. Clean and not at all grim.

We're not all sex tourists staying in overpriced knocking shops.
    Variety is the spice of life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information