Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Jeepney Routes in Davao City

Any Davaoeños out there who have some detailed knowledge on Jeepney routes in Davao ?

I'm interested in anything at all but would like to get a better grip on those 'inner-city' routes.

I travel around almost everyday and note down the routes I take and pick-up streets to get back home.
    I'm trying to write down all the routes I can to get to a specifc area by the quickest and cheapest route and also how to do the same for return journeys.
    I accept that I'm always likely to need 2 or even 3 different rides/routes, but would like to make it easier to remember them.

I'm still getting to grips with street names, areas and general geography of a city.

Yesterday we got lost and couldn't figure out where to find a starting point for our homeward journey. We did eventually get lucky, but that is just what it was. Luck.
    Need to avoid that situation if we can.

Any help would be really great.

I know most jeepneys have 'circular routes' and generally return 'back to origin' but it's not always via the exact same street route initially.

Can't help you on this one Peter. I just stand next to Ems. And when she says "in", I GET IN. And when she says, "duck your head", I DUCK. And, of course, when she says, "get out", I GET OUT.

Then I say, "I AM NOT SITTING RIGHT UP THE FRONT EVER AGAIN!"

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Cant help you on this one Peter. I just stand next to Ems. And when she says "in", I GET IN. And when she says, "duck your head", I DUCK. And, of course, when she says, "get out", I GET OUT.

Then I say, "I AM NOT SITTING RIGHT UP THE FRONT EVER AGAIN!"
    You do make me laugh, Steve!

I always try to sit right at the back if I can. Easier for me to see where I am, note the landmarks that are useful and generally see just where I am.
    I've had a new passenger climb aboard and try to squeeze in between me and the outside frame

Then look at me so strangely because I'll not yield my position.
    Only in the Philippines.
    If I'm seated anywhere else I'm always happy to scoot along and make space to where they want to sit. But once I've got that last rear seat position I'll keep it come 'hell or high water'

I do enjoy my jeepney rides......so many wonderful views

Hi Peter. I'll try to contribute to your jeepney routes list as much as I can, but I'm mostly familiar only with the Southbound routes.

Jeepneys that start from Toril take the McArthur Highway that will pass by Savemore Bangkal, Matina, NCCC Mall, UM Matina, Bankerohan Bridge, Bankerohan Market, Davao Doctors' Hospital, then turns right to Gaisano in Ilustre, and passes by People's Park, Apo View Hotel, then turns left towards UM Bolton. Then left to CM Recto Street to Marco Polo Hotel. They stop briefly or longer (depends on the driver) near Aldevinco Shopping Centre (Roxas Ave), then right to Quezon Blvd, passes by LTO, John Paul College, to SM Ecoland (Quimpo Blvd), takes Quimpo Blvd route until it reaches the intersection with McArthur Highway, turns left to Matina, Bangkal, Ulas, Then back to Toril.

That's just the Toril jeepney, there's more to come but I'll have to find the time later as busy with little one.

Jeepneys and multi cabs, I find no one ever slides up to let you on. Always have to squeeze past everyone until you find a tiny slot you can squeeze into.

I always end up treading on toes, but serves them right for their ignorance. Us foreigners have big feet! When will they learn?

And as for the trains in Manila: The young ones - with their heads in their mobiles - always push and rush to the seats, leaving the older folk standing. And before I moved here, I was under the impression that the young ones here were very respectful to their elders.

Can't reply to your message Tawi2. I'm from Bangkal. I'm very familiar with the Toril route coz that's what I usually take to the downtown area.

Ah, I just thought you were from Toril as you're au-fait with the route.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by proudMummy View Post
    Hi Peter. I'll try to contribute to your jeepney routes list as much as I can, but I'm mostly only familiar with the Southbound routes.

Jeepneys that start from Toril take the McArthur Highway that will pass by Savemore Bangkal, Matina, NCCC Mall, UM Matina, Bankerohan Bridge, Bankerohan Market, Davao Doctors' Hospital, then turns right to Gaisano in Ilustre, and passes by People's Park, Apo View Hotel, then turns left towards UM Bolton. Then left to CM Recto Street to Marco Polo Hotel. They stop briefly or longer (depends on the driver) near Aldevinco Shopping Centre (Roxas Ave), then right to Quezon Blvd, passes by LTO, John Paul College, to SM Ecoland (Quimpo Blvd), takes Quimpo Blvd route until it reaches the intersection with McArthur Highway, turns left to Matina, Bangkal, Ulas, Then back to Toril.
    You're a marvel. In principle my starting point is Puan so I often look out for a Toril sign on the side.
    A Talomo jeepney will also do nicely..

So for a return journey I need to get back to Quimpo Blvd/ MacArthur Highway intersection ?

BTW no need to rush your priorities, I have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Ah,I just thought you were from Toril as your au-fait whith the route
    One of these days very soon I'll be taking a ride to Toril. I hear there is a great wet market there ?
    Whenever I go to the market in Matina I always have a challenge getting back to Puan as all the jeeps are completely full.
    I'm very particular who I'm squeezing thighs with.

Might be less crowded going to Toril from Puan then catching a ride back.

I'm always choosy whom I squeeze thighs with. If I can't find nice thighs to squeeze between, then I have to sit next to the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I'm always choosy whom I squeeze thighs with. If I can't find nice thighs to squeeze between, then I have to sit next to the wife.
    I mostly sit opposite my wife. Safer that way!

Off to the immigration office tomorrow followed by a visit to Philhealth.

I'll report back on how the journey panned out.
    I'm expecting some glitches

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    You're a marvel. In principle my starting point is Puan so I look often look out for a Toril sign on the side.
    A Talomo jeepney will also do nicely..

So for a return journey I need to get back to Quimpo Blvd/ MacArthur Highway intersection ?

BTW no need to rush your priorities, I have plenty of time
    Yes, getting back to Quimpo Blvd/McArthur Highway intersection is your best bet - especially if you think you got lost - since all Southbound jeepneys meet there.

I had to ask my sister about the Talomo route then, as I've forgotten the return route. So, Talomo jeepneys also take McArthur Highway going to downtown area but turns immediately right to Magallanes St from Bankerohan. Turns left to CM Recto at the end of Magallanes where you can see San Pedro Cathedral and ends at Aldevinco Shopping Centre. Same as the Toril route coming back, it stops by the Shopping Centre to collect passengers. Goes along Roxas Ave, turns right to Aquezon Blvd, passes by LTO, over Davao River and passes by Agro Industrial Foundation College and it turns next right after that to Sandawa. It comes out of Sandawa/McArthur Highway intersection then turns left where you will see the entrance to UM Matina not long after. And the jeepney just takes the McArthur Highway route on the way to Talomo passing by Matina, Bangkal, Ulas and Puan again.

One of these days very soon I'll be taking a ride to Toril. I hear there is a great wet market there ?
    Whenever I go to the market in Matina I always have a challenge getting back to Puan as all the jeeps are completely full.
    I'm very particular who I'm squeezing thighs with.

Might be less crowded going to Toril from Puan then catching a ride back.
    My sisters go to the wet market in Toril as it's much cheaper buying from there than from the Matina wet market (though a bit far from Bangkal). It'll also be more convenient for you as there will not be many passengers Northbound from Toril in terms of jeepney seat availability in the afternoon.

I mostly sit opposite my wife. Safer that way!
    Ah - but then she can see who you're eyeing up!

Quote Originally Posted by proudMummy View Post
    My sisters go to the wet market in Toril as it's much cheaper buying from there than from the Matina wet market (though a bit far from Bangkal). It'll also be more convenient for you as there will not be many passengers Northbound from Toril in terms of jeepney seat availability in the afternoon.
    Thanks PM that's what I was thinking.
    Where would I jump out of the jeep in Toril ?

Thanks PM, that's what I was thinking.
    I will have to ask one of my sisters about that. I've never been there. One of my sisters work at Gaisano Mall in Toril though, and used to live in Toril, so she's very familiar with it. I will have to await her reply.

She works in G-Mall? Where in Toril did she live? The wet market is ok. I dont know how it compares to other wet markets, though it's certainly cheap.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    She works in G-Mall? Where in Toril did she live? The wet market is ok, I don't know how it compares to other wet markets, though it's certainly cheap.
    Yes she does work in G-Mall Tawi2. I don't know where in Toril. Just went to her boarding house one time and a few weeks later she left coz a shady person climbed in the house. Good thing nothing was stolen. And now she lives at my rented house in Davao with my other sister.

Do you live in Toril?

I am in London at the moment. Came back last week to sort something out. I might be back in Pinas within a couple of weeks, or go back to Thailand. Haven't decided yet! I always pop into G-Mall to go to the cinema. As it's just around the corner from the beach, it takes me literally 5 minutes from leaving the house to get there.

Cool! I didn't know G-Mall in Toril has a cinema! I think I've only been there once.

Thanks PM, that's what I was thinking.
    My sister just informed me that the jeepneys will pass by the market itself so might as well tell the driver in advance and/or bring your wife.

Thanks PM, that's a big help.
    I'll be exploring the Toril route and Toril next week.
    I'm a bit busy with my immigration papers for 13a (Permanent Resident).

Today we had a great learning experience on the jeepney.
    Went downtown to CM Recto then jumped on a route 4 jeepney along to JPLaurel to Victoria Plaza, crossed the road to the immigration office just opposite. Halo halo at Chowking then cross the road again to jump on another route 4 to continue the circular 'tour'

Jumped off at the Quezon Boulevard/ Roxas intersection at our uncles furniture shop for chika chika then at the intersection take a jeepney to Toril and jump off at Puan.

Had a nice day out and I've written down all the key pick up/ drop off points and landmarks.

Great fun on the Route 4. Better than a circular tour bus really

Wow that's a journey. Not long from now you'll be more familiar with Davao than I am. I've no idea where the Immigration Office in Davao is. I thought they only had one in Manila!

Slightly off-topic I know but anyway, the immigration office is directly opposite to Victoria Plaza shopping on JP Laurel.
    It's next door to both the Dept for Corrections and also the NBI Offfice.
    Right outside of Victoria Plaza main entrance on the pavement there's a row of maybe 10 stalls selling all the latest DVD's at 3 for P100

Only in the Philippines

Thread Information