Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Posting parcels around UK: Who do you use?

Hi all, .

I'm asking this because I went to the Post Office to post a large sized shoe box, tracked and signed for £12, but she said she couldn't find the address. There were 4 different options for that address. I thought, "well blls to it", and took it to DHL. That cost £17.

Do you guys take your parcels somewhere to be delivered, or get some company to come, collect and deliver?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    When we are selling items that are quite big in Ebay, we opt for them to be collected from the house, especially if there are more than 2 orders, otherwise, we take the parcels ourselves to the drop-off branch of the courier company. For items not more than 2kgs, we take them to the post office.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Fedex, next day up to 25Kg for £5.50

Cool! Who do you use Rayna? Is it easy to sort out and do they collect on time? I've been selling some stuff on ebay also.

Simon, that's very cheap. Last year I sold a space-saver wheel for £15 and the delivery was over £20 if I remember rightly, so I made a loss on that sale. The wheel was only about 12kg.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    We use Hermes, which is the cheapest but isn't really reliable unless the items aren't breakable. We also use Collect+ because they have a drop off point near us. We just sell books now because of too much trouble with broken items in the past. At least it can be easily sent via Royal Mail and won't break.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    We use UK Mail for business £5.25 ex vat up to 20kg next day. Have a look at parcel.2go.com drop off at shop UPS £6.99 ex vat 20kg

I use my own fleet of vans and large lorries. So far, it's worked for me, but I am sure the boss is on to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I use my own fleet off vans and large lorry's, so far its worked for me, but i am sure the boss is on to it now
    Lol, reminds me off when I worked for a company many moons ago, my mates job was to input and print off labels for the parcels, then at the end of the day print of the manifest. Luckily they never checked the manifest (not to our knowledge) because we used to sell stuff on e bay and everything got sent for free via work. I only worked there 18 months.... but was very good to me!

Perks of the job, I call it.

I once bought a staircase off eBay from deepest, darkest Shropshire. My boss saw the lorry on the tracker of route and askied why. I said there was an accident and we had to divert the lorry. I got away with that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    We use UK Mail for business £5.25 ex vat up to 20kg next day. Have a look at parcel.2go.com drop off at shop UPS £6.99 ex vat 20kg
    UPS are trying to get my business and offered me £5 +VAT for the same deal, maybe room for negotiation there Ded

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    UPS are trying to get my business and offered me £5 +VAT for the same deal, maybe room for negotiation there Ded
    Thats good, I may well have a look at them - our deal with UK Mail is multiple packs can make up the 20kg subject to their volume calculator, I know we sometimes use UPS through a reseller http://www.ccl-logistics.com/ and it's 20 or 25kg but single carton

Thread Information