Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Filipina Spotting

Train Spotting - My dad was crazy about trains so I became a train spotter as a kid. Quite interesting actually despite what people say.
    Eddie Spotting - Not really my cup of tea.
    Plane Spotting - I've never been interested in planes until taking regular long haul flights so I might take this hobby up one day.
    Bird Spotting - I'm talking about the feathered type here . I've done this as well when I was younger.

So what about Filipina Spotting? (nothing sordid intended btw)

Apart from the Barrio Fiesta's and hospitals, I rarely come across any I don't know in close proximity when out and about on foot, although I did strike up a conversation on a park bench with a Pinay from Cebu a couple of years ago. I also mistook a Thai lady for a Filipina and received a funny look when I said hello in Tagalog.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was in a small town with a population of a few thousand. I entered a shop and was served by what I thought was a Filipina. Again I used Tagalog to say hello, and bingo, she was from Mindanao. Been back a few times and she always speaks to me. Very nice lady indeed.

Do any of you guys, if you're out on your own in the UK, just out of interest, speak to what you think maybe a Filipina, if you see one?

Loads - and I mean LOADS - of Pinays in my neighbourhood, the European HQ for Iglesia ni Cristo is a stone's throw away. Big building, ram-packed with Pinays 2 days a week. I speak Visayan - which is helpful, as I encountered 2 very nice Pinays from Cebu in Poipet, Cambodia a couple of weeks ago. Spent a few days with them in Siem Reap. I bump into Pinays in the most unlikely of places.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Loads - and I mean LOADS - of Pinays in my neighbourhood, the European HQ for Iglesia ni Cristo is a stone's throw away. Big building, ram-packed with Pinays 2 days a week. I speak Visayan - which is helpful, as I encountered 2 very nice Pinays from Cebu in Poipet, Cambodia a couple of weeks ago. Spent a few days with them in Siem Reap. I bump into Pinays in the most unlikely of places.
    Where do you live Tawi? Tell me quick!

Romantic relationships and marriage outside the INC church membership is a very BIG NO,NO, Jamie!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Romantic relationships and marriage outside the INC church membership is a very BIG NO, NO, Jamie!
    I've spoken to a girl on a dating site who follows INC but as soon as I found out I took it no further.

I wonder, though, do INC followers mix with other Filipinas or do they keep to their own? If they're in a different country maybe there are non-INC in that area too.

I've found out where the European HQ is, and it's not the country I guessed it would be.

Jamie, do you ever get to visit Langley ?
    No HQ but plenty of members

Langley in Birmingham? It's not far from me, but I haven't been there for a while. Why?

No HQ but plenty of members
    I'm not interested in a Filipina who follows INC whatsoever. I just thought there maybe other Pinays who may live near them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I've found out where the European HQ is, and it's not the country I guessed it would be.
    It's Sunbury on Thames (actually in the shadow of the M3 at Junction 1)

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I'm not interested in a Filipina who follows INC whatsoever. I just thought there maybe other Pinays who may live near them.
    What is INC please?

INC is Iglesia ni Cristo, but it could also stand for INCorporated, as it seems to be a business generating loads of cash. I recently rode a motorbike from Davao to Compostela valley and passed I think it was 7? of their churches all brand new and gleaming. I think they are gaining ground a bit like Quiboloy!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Plenty of Filipina in my area, I often say Kumusta and they then smile very broadly and launch into full blown Tagalog! I then have to explain that I only know a few words ....... what a let down for them, but a good ice breaker!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Plenty of Filipina in my area, I often say Kumusta and they then smile very broadly and launch into full blown Tagalog! I then have to explain that I only know a few words ....... what a let down for them, but a good ice breaker!

Would love to talk to fellow Filipinas I see in shops here in Glos. It turned out very awkward smiling at them but ignoring you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post

Would love to talk to fellow Filipinas I see in shops here in Glos. It turned out very awkward smiling at them but ignoring you instead.
    That says more about these snobs than it does about you Anne. I bet these types of Pinays are in this country for one thing only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    It's Sunbury on Thames (actually in the shadow of the M3 at Junction 1)
    From what I read the European HQ isn't in the UK. That may be the British HQ.

Nope, it's the main European Office. I passed it yesterday. I'm sure its got 'European Main Office' on the outside of the building. I have just googled it, and the building is on their website as the European HQ. It's the only place locally you can see a couple of hundred Pinays going in or sitting eating across the road in KFC. It's like being back in Hong Kong on a Sunday in Statue Gardens!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post

Similar behaviour, in many ways, here in Philippines from many ex-pats I run in to either on the street or supermarket.
    Maybe they're too busy or just want to keep themselves to themselves. It just strikes me a bit odd. After all we have a number of things in common having travelled half way round the world to face a new culture and new environment.
    I'd have thought that alone would generate a kind of common bond but it seems on occasion to be quite the opposite and it can feel like I'm invisible.

Maybe it's only me walking around with a permanent grin feeling so blessed to be here and wanting to share the bond.

The locals will always respond to a smile and a nod and even a few exchanged words of greeting.

Don't you give up Anne, it's their loss not yours.
    Besides, you're better off avoiding those types.

I've met a few guys abroad who don't want to chat with a fellow countryman. They are normally hiding something!

It doesn't cost anything to be polite. At least they should manage to say hello even if they don't want to have a conversation.

Nope, it's the main European office. I passed it yesterday. I'm sure it's got 'European Main Office on the outside of the building. I have just googled it, and the building is on their website as the European HQ. It's the only place locally you can see a couple of hundred Pinays going in or sitting eating across the road in KFC. It's like being back in Hong Kong on a Sunday in Statue Gardens!
    According to an INC site, Rome in Italy is HQ. I'll try and find the link.

Google European HQ Iglesia ni Cristo, that's the building in Sunbury, the BIG one. I can only go by speaking to people in there and seeing the building countless times itself. I'll pop in next time I am over there - probably tomorrow - and ask if it is the European main HQ.

Check out Iglesia ni Cristo in Wikipedia, scroll to the bottom to see the picture of the European Headquarters.

Banned
    According to a INC site, Rome in Italy is HQ. I'll try and find the link.
    KFC Sunbury Cross is a tad closer for UK Spotters/Hunters, there's a Simply Marks & Spensive, Subway, Farmfoods & Multi Storey Carpark adjacent

KFC Sunbury Cross is is a tad closer for UK Spotters/Hunters, there's a Simply Marks & Spensive, Subway, Farmfoods & Multi Storey Carpark adjacent
    Not forgetting dozens of Pinays at a time crossing over from INC to queue in KFC

Check out Iglesia ni Cristo in Wikipedia, scroll to the bottom to see the picture of the European Headquarters.
    Not sure how accurate this is. Second paragraph at the bottom.

http://what-when-how.com/religious-m...ious-movement/

I would say it's inacurate, there's 100% definitely a BIG sign outside the offices here that says EUROPEAN MAIN OFFICE. Google it and see or check out the Wikipedia.

I would say it's inacurate, there's 100% definitely a BIG sign outside the offices here that says EUROPEAN MAIN OFFICE. Google it and see, or check out the Wikipedia.
    If it's got a sign like that, I'm not going to argue.

Perhaps Italy was HQ at some point because I think the passage on that site is an extract from a book, but then again not all books provide the correct facts.

It has got a sign like that a BIG one that says EuMo (European Main Office) Iglesia ni Cristo's first foothold in Europe was in the UK in 1972.

KFC Sunbury Cross is is a tad closer for UK Spotters/Hunters, there's a Simply Marks & Spensive, Subway, Farmfoods & Multi Storey Carpark adjacent
    Sounds like you know it well, Ded. A lot closer than Legazpi. Could have saved you a trip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information