Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Sounds like you know it well, Ded. A lot closer than Legazpi. Could have saved you a trip.
    Mrs D has family, friends, ex workmates in Surrey once upon a time we used to drive that way quite often In the interests of fuel economy I've now got the sat nav fine tuned

Has she got family here Ded? Locally or further down? Plenty of Pinays around. Guildford has a healthy population, loads of them there shopping on a Saturday. I'll tell you where I saw dozens last time I was there - mostly nurses - as I chatted to a number: Gunwharf Quays down in Portsmouth. Loads in London as you know, in Earls Court - AKA Little Manila!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Tawi - yeah, got her bruv & family over that way. We chatted to a few at the Gunwharf before Christmas - prime spending destination. As you know, there're loads around Kingston, Chertsey, Camberley, etc., with all the hospitals. Funny you should mention Earls Court, she came back last night with a haircut & bags full of Magic Sarap, Pan de Coco, Skyflakes & other essentials.

I like Skyflakes, and Earls Court is a Pinay mecca!

I passed the Iglesia ni Cristo HQ earlier. There were maybe 10-12 dark-suited Pinoys emerging from the main entrance as I waited at the lights. They always remind me of Pinoy Mafioso in those suits. I was surprised to see a white guy with them (also suited and booted). I think INC accept "foreigners" in their ranks, as I have also seen an African guy; looked Nigerian - certainly that part of West Africa - with a Pinay, going in once.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    .......I think INC accept "foreigners" in their ranks as I have also seen an African guy; looked Nigerian - certainly that part of West Africa - with a Pinay, going in once.
    It's strange you mention that.

We have an INC church within a few minutes walk from our house. I recognise a few folks there and often wave and just a few polite words.
    Anyway tonight I was just off to the market to buy some Marang when I got beckoned over by some familiar faces and invited to take a look around inside before the service began.
    I didn't accept as I was rushing to get some decent Marang.
    But they did say next time they would show me inside.

I told my wife and she said she was glad I didn't go in

I'm going to have to curb my curiosity and not get trapped into going inside somehow or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Similar behaviour, in many ways, here in Philippines from many ex-pats I run in to either on the street or supermarket.

Don't you give up Anne, it's their loss not yours.
    Besides, you're better off avoiding those types.
    Thanks for pointing that out, Terpe.

That says more about these snobs than it does about you Anne. I bet these types of Pinays are in this country for one thing only.
    ... or too tired to speak English. I always approach Filipinos in English but they still speak to me in Tagalog.

Has anyone been to Cheltenham? It's fuuuuulll of Orientals.

I even met a Pinoy working as security. He was taken aback when I guessed he was Filipino. Furthermore his missus hails from the same place in Pampanga as my ex. Small world.

Has anyone been to Cheltenham? It's fuuuuulll of Orientals.

I even met a Pinoy working as security. He was taken aback when I guessed he was Filipino. Furthermore his missus hails from the same place in Pampanga as my ex. Small world.
    Been to Cheltenham twice but haven't 'bumped' into any Kababayan

I have just been to a tapas bar in Twickenham for lunch with a mate. Pincho's - the one in Church Street - right next to the river. Few office bods came in from the local Council building, but when we were in the middle of our meal four pinays came in and were seated. Loads of them around. I normally don't even notice them anymore.

Cheltenham's expensive. I had a bacon roll today and it set me back Ł3.50 and it wasn't even freshly made. The service was good though and I was served by an oriental girl who at first I thought could have been Filipina but on closer inspection her eyes were different. I asked her anyway and it did start off an interesting conversation. She turned out to be the first Mongolian I've met.

Banned
    Cheltenham's expensive. I had a bacon roll today and it set me back Ł3.50 and it wasn't even freshly made. The service was good though and I was served by an oriental girl who at first I thought could have been Filipina but on closer inspection her eyes were different. I asked her anyway and it did start off an interesting conversation. She turned out to be the first Mongolian I've met.
    Ł3.50 ! Probably the same place this idiot gets his bacon rolls from

That's cheap for a bacon roll. My sis and her partner went to the Burj when they were in Dubai and had a non-guest breakfast. Came to just under Ł100.

I don't know if they had bacon rolls though, considering the location. I never had bacon in Mongolia, but I did have yak.

Banned
    That's cheap for a bacon roll. My sis and her partner went to the Burj when they were in Dubai and had a non-guest breakfast. Came to just under Ł100.

I don't know if they had bacon rolls though, considering the location. I never had bacon in Mongolia, but I did have yak.
    No pork pies or saveloys

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    No pork pies or saveloys
    Money talks though mate. I am sure they aren't adverse to the odd sausage

In Dubai they serve beef bacon in hotels, and you can buy pork bacon in certain supermarkets....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    In Dubai they serve beef bacon in hotels....
    Bit like the McDonalds in Delhi. My beefburgers were really chicken.

I've never paid much more than Ł2 for a bacon roll around my way. You can get one in Spar for about Ł1.30 but they're nothing special.

I just went to Taplow to the Nike factory store to get a couple of bits'and'bobs and there were 3 pinays at the costa there I could hear them having a chinwag as soon as I walked in

I just went to Taplow to the Nike factory store to get a couple of bits'and'bobs and there were 3 pinays at the costa there I could hear them having a chinwag as soon as I walked in
    Funny I have to Google what 'chinwag' means. I found out it's a British informal translation of 'chat'

So have you tried talking to them??

Did I talk to them?Ann i chinwag with EVERYONE I am never backward in coming forward

Did I talk to them?Ann i chinwag with EVERYONE I am never backward in coming forward

I've seen you're from South Cotabato. My hometown is part of it

Where are you from?I normally bounce between Polomolok and Davao,i spent last christmas in Polomolok I will be there soon

Where are you from?I normally bounce between Polomolok and Davao,i spent last christmas in Polomolok I will be there soon
    I hail from the tuna capital of the world

I have been to the Tuna port a few times,they always loan me a pair of wellies
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been to the Tuna port a few times,they always loan me a pair of wellies

I was there last Tuna Festival. The port quite holds a record for the biggest tuna display and catch.

I just went past the iglesia ni cristo,about 10 ladies going in,i said maligayang pasko sa lahat,they started laughing and giggling,there was one really pretty lady,about 25 years old with a western guy who is about 60,i think he had something extra nice inside his christmas stockings

My sis went to spain last night for a holiday,i just came to her house to feed her cat,theres a STUNNING pinay moved in two doors away,single parent,was married to an english guy,she is in her mid 20's and lives with her 2 daughters and her mum has came over to stay,pinays are everywhere.

You to seem to know a lot about her Tawi. Did you feed the cat?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information