Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Delaying entry on an approved settlement visa

Hi everyone

I have a question r/e my wife and stepson's spouse/settlement visa application.

Between my myself and my wife, we have gathered all the evidence necessary for their visas, and have met all the requirements. The only reason we haven't applied yet is that we are currently waiting for my biological British children's passports to arrive. It's been ten months waiting already, and i would like to move things along so as not to have any more time apart from my family. I would like to know the possible consequences of delaying entry on an approved visa. For example, if the visa was granted, then the passports take another 4 months, then their visa would only have 29 months left, rather than the 33 months the initial entry level visa grants. So that would be under 2.5 years, which means that after the further leave to remain, another 2.5 years, that the total would not be 5 years, it would be just under, so would that make them ineligible for the indefinite leave to remain? I just would like some clarity regarding this initial visa process, if the entry was to be delayed. What would the knock-on effect be, if any.

I hope i have explained myself properly. Obviously i do not want to do anything to jeopardize their future applications, but i was just hoping we could move things along while we waited for the passports.

Any information you can give me on this would be very gratefully received

if applying from overseas, a spouse visa is initially issued for 33 months not 30 months, so you have to get here within 3 months of the start date of the visa or you'll probably have to apply for a second flr to make her time up to 5 years in the UK.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information