Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Cordillera : 3

Trusted Member

Cordillera : 3

January this year was not as cold as last year in the Cordillera Region, although one night the temperature fell below 10 degrees in Baguio.

Here are a few photos from last month ( left click on images to enlarge ) :-

• Baguio at dusk with Burnham Park

• Burnham Park with distant Cathedral

• Zumba in Burnham Park

• Mountain profile with Baguio Cathedral

• Cordillera mountains ( reservation for slots to go up Mount Pulag, Luzon’s highest mountain, are already fully booked for weekends until April ).

• Souvenir t shirts

• More souvenirs

• Session Road, Baguio, very polluted from traffic fumes these days.

• Baguio Cathedral

Nice pics Alan, thanks

Trusted Member
    • Teachers Camp, with police cadets.

• Mansion House ( Presidential residence ).

• Butterflies ( only live a few weeks in the Cordillera Region, because of cooler temperatures than the rest of the country ).

• Mines View at sunset, looking towards Mount Pulag

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Nice pics Alan, thanks
    Glad you enjoyed them, Simon .

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Beautiful photo's Alan, more if you have them please?

What camera have you got now Alan?. Cracking pics.

Trusted Member
    Thanks Michael and Andy ! The thread title is " Cordillera 3 " as " 1 and 2 " in this Pictures section are from last year.

My camera is a Panasonic Lumix TZ40, a " travel " compact digital, which first appeared on the market 2 years ago, but I bought less than a year ago. The camera plus case plus spare battery is available now for well under £ 200 ( try Amazon or eBay ).

I prefer to use it rather than my smart phone – it’s 18.1 megapixels, with X 20 optical zoom, touch screen, GPS, WiFi and NFC ( near field communication ) functions and remote shooting using smart phone app - if needed .

I chose it rather than the newer ( more expensive ) TZ60, which has X 30 zoom and a tiny ( 0.2 inch ) electronic viewfinder ( admittedly helpful composing images in bright sunlight ) .

The advantages are its build quality and – to me – being compact means it can be carried around easily. It can either be set to " intelligent automatic " ( " point and shoot " ), OR to any number of chosen modes ( aperture or shutter speed priority ; " panorama " ; pre-registered settings, such as " macro " for close up shots like flowers and butterflies ; and " scene " modes such as " through glass " ( from planes ), " sunset " , and " low light " instead of flash ). The battery is charged while in the camera, not a problem if a spare battery is carried when taking many photos.

Those of us who have been used to using films for cameras have had to adjust to taking multiple shots on digital cameras so that at least a proportion will be acceptable, and the rest can be deleted. I delete more than half of the photos I take after review on camera screen or uploaded to laptop ( most easily done by USB connection cable ) , and only a tiny proportion are uploaded to sites such as this Forum .

As my " free " Photobucket allowance is almost full, I will have to delete some to make way for new photos – which is why some of my older views can no longer be seen on the Forum.

Thread Information