Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Exclamation Looking for Friends

Hello, How's everyone here? Hope all is well. I am just new in this site. My name is Jen. I am currently living in Peterborough. I am looking for some friends here. I been here in the UK for 7 months and I haven't met any Filipinos.

Anybody lives in Peterborough here?

Many Thanks...

Hello Jen, welcome aboard Filipino UK

It can often be difficult to contact others when you arrive to UK
    Have you tried looking around hospitals or care homes?
    Catholic Churches are always a good starting point especially those reasonably close to major hospitals.
    Usually a couple of hours around Peterborough town centre and shopping mall would reveal potential kababayan.

Don't know if these links will help:-

https://www.facebook.com/filcom.peterborough

http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/commu....aspx?&CG=2612

Hope to find what you're looking for

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum, used to live in Peterborough for 19 years, know Stanground very well, yes you will meet some Filipina in time Peterborough is a good area to be, in fact I have been to the occasional Barrio Fiesta there in the past. What part of Philippines are you from Jen?

Hi Jen, welcome to the forum! I am only 20 minutes away from Peterborough but I'm not Filipina. There is a shop in the city centre in Park Road (opposite side street to John Lewis) called MJS Sarap Mabuhay that sells Filipino food, so you might find a few Filipinos there.

There is also a website that has been set up by the Filipino community in Peterborough, the events advertised in the link below are quite old but it might be worth attempting to make contact with the group to find out about the latest events being organised

https://filcop.wordpress.com/2011/08...-peterborough/

I believe that they also have a Facebook page too:-

https://www.facebook.com/filcom.peterborough

Hope you meet some new friends soon

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thank you everyone for all your brilliant advice, I really appreciate it. Thanks Terpe, for the links that you posted as well. I did send email to him and asked , if there is any event coming soon and I would be interested to join them.

Yes Michael Parnham, hope so soon I can make friends with my kababayan. Oh really, we just moved here in Stanground as well. We lived in Hampton Hargate before. Definitely, you fully adapted living here in the UK since you live here for a long time especially with your lovely family. I am from Pagadian Zambo. Sur and you ? have a good day Michael Parnham...

Thanks for the detailed message Rosie1958, good to hear that you just close by, if ever you will come to Peterborough Centre and if you get a chance to meet me for a coffee, I would be very happy to to that. Just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenzface29 View Post
    Hello, How's everyone here? Hope all is well. I am just new in this site. My name is Jen. I am currently living in Peterborough. I am looking for some friends here. I been here in the UK for 7 months and I haven't met any Filipinos.

Anybody lives in Peterborough here?

Many Thanks...
    Jen ... you've come to the best website in pursuit of your quest.

, therefore to our friendly online filipino/uk community.

Thread Information