Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Services offered at Philippine Consulate in Edinburgh

Has anyone been at the consulate in Edinburgh? Do they offer the same consular services as the Philippine Embassy in London? Thinking of renewing my passport there instead of going to London as my husband has been going on and on about him not wanting to go to London.
    Cheers!

Hopefully my good friend Arthur wil be along soon. I know he has used them before.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Not sure but found this.....

Please contact the Consulate General in Edinburgh directly for inquiries and questions regarding visa regulations and passport requirements.

A quick call would help you.....0131 4533222

Quote Originally Posted by Steve up North View Post

Please contact the consulate general in Edinburgh directly for inquiries and questions regarding visa regulations and passport requirements.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by proudMummy View Post
    Has anyone been at the consulate in Edinburgh? Do they offer the same consular services as the Philippine Embassy in London? Thinking of renewing my passport there instead of going to London as my husband has been going on and on about him not wanting to go to London.
    Cheers!
    Firstly ... with your husband; why on earth would a couple living in the Scottish Borders want to incur the time and the expense involved in travelling all the way to London to undertake a procedure which can be carried out [relatively] close to home in *Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hopefully my good friend Arthur wil be along soon. I know he has used them before.
    Secondly, my friend Terpe is correct; I accompanied my wife *there when she simultaneously renewed her Philippines' Passport and took the Oath of Allegiance necessary to become a dual citizen.

was in April 2013. However, see below:

Please contact the Consulate General in Edinburgh directly for inquiries and questions regarding visa regulations and passport requirements.

As you've already seen, a new member, 'Steve up North' stepped in by kindly providing a number for the Consulate General - before I'd actually read this thread of yours - and I would recommend this be your initial point of contact in order to ascertain the next available date(s) the London-based Philippines' Consular Outreach Service (which I'm given to understand, usually operates on a circuit system in various selected centres throughout the UK) is likely to visit Scotland, and arrange an appointment accordingly.

Can anybody renew their passports there Arthur?

Thank you for your assistance in providing one of our established members with this extremely useful information ... and to filipino/uk from a fellow Scot.

Perhaps you'd also like to start a new thread telling us a little about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Can anybody renew their passports there Arthur?
    Presumably you mean their Philippines' Passports, Andy ... if so, then the answer is YES.

Yes Arthur, that's what I mean, and to register a birth. My wife has a friend in Aberdeen who we want to visit. Might as well kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Thanks.

Yes Arthur, that's what I mean, and to register a birth. My wife has a friend in Aberdeen who we want to visit. Might as well kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Thanks.
    Ah ... good ! Do bear in mind, though, Aberdeen is almost 130 miles (2/3 hrs driving time) north of Edinburgh.

But there again ... ... if you're travelling up by road from the Midlands then the distance is still a lot less by comparison - and, of course, staying in the Capital overnight will, in any event, break your journey.

The driving is not a problem Arthur and I havnt been to bonnie scotland for quite a few years. It will be a nice break.

The driving is not a problem Arthur and I haven't been to Bonnie Scotland for quite a few years. It will be a nice break.
    True, Andy ... and the fact you haven't been north of the Border for so long, you're bound to not know what you've been missing, mate!

Thanks for the info Arthur. By the way we don't live in Scotland. We live in Chorley, Lancs but my husband would rather drive up to Scotland instead of to London for anything. If we can renew my passport in Edinburgh it'll be better.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Thanks for that Steve, very useful, and welcome to the Forum!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    In fact Arthur, If Maritess and I were to use Edinburgh for her dual citizenship when her passport needs renewing we would love to say "Hello" to your good self and Myrna!

Thread Information