It's Latin name is Artocarpus Odoratissimus which means sweet smell and sweet taste.

I'd never tried it before. Looks a bit Durian-like so I'd always avoided it.
I don't like Durian at all. Neither the smell nor the taste.

Anyway the Marang is really very nice indeed. I'll keep buying it for as long as it's available.
Yes it's sweet and it has a delicate but distinctive flavour. But for such a big fruit there's not such a lot inside for eating.
Once the outside is opened the 'arils' can easily be seen and gotten to. Arils are those 'bulbs' inside that are the succulent fruit (you eat) encasing the largish seeds (you don't eat). It's tasty, cheap as chips and available now all over the local markets.

Marang is allegedly helpful in a wide range of potential health benefits such as reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke, preventing some types of cancer, lowering risk of eye and digestive problems, and has a positive effect upon blood sugar which can help keep appetite in check. (seems not to be able to keep my appetite in check)

It also contains fiber which can relieve or prevent constipation. (means keeps you regular)

Marang is a rich source of beta-carotene, carbohydrates, calcium, iron, niacin, phosphorous, protein, retinol, riboflavin, thiamine and vitamin A and C.

Marang is quite a large fruit for P30:-

It's the shiney white bulbs or Arils that are eaten (don't eat the stone)