Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Apartment/Flat in Aberdeen

Looking for an apartment/flat in Aberdeen or Dyce area. Single, working, male professional here. Thanks to anyone who can suggest any leads.

I'm sorry, I haven't been online for a couple of weeks, but did you have any luck finding somewhere?

Should be plenty coming on stream soon if the oil price stays low lol, coz Aberdeen is in danger of becoming a ghost city.

It certainly hasn't had any impact on the housing market yet, but watch this space. At the moment, finding rental property here is a nightmare. Everything is very expensive, and even if you manage to find something, you will be lucky if you can get it, as properties are snapped up in a matter of hours; it's crazy!

Finally got one! Yes, flats here are going very fast, and are very expensive. I am lucky to come across a nice couple whose apartment is really lovely. One of the best I've viewed. Although rent is really expensive, for now I have no choice but to settle here in the city. Once I get a car and can travel, I will try my luck somewhere away from Aberdeen itself. If you guys can recommend a good area for me to check out, please let me know. Thanks.

It all depends where exactly you are working as trying to commute across the city in rush hour is a nightmare. If you can tell me what area your work is in I can maybe recommend a few area to look at for renting?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    It all depends where exactly you are working as trying to commute across the city in rush hour is a nightmare. If you can tell me what area your work is in I can maybe recommend a few area to look at for renting?
    Hi Abi, I have an office around Dyce, although I am not required to go there everyday. I work in offshore oil installation, that's why.

You mentioned before your husband is Filipino here around Aberdeen? Is there a Filipino community here?

Hi, you mean you actually work offshore on the rigs?

Yes my husband is Filipino, we live near the harbour and we both work out in Portlethen. There definitely is a Filipino community here in Aberdeen. To be honest as my husband only came here in July last year we haven't had a lot to do with them as most of our Filipino friends are in Edinburgh but we were invited to the Filipino Scottish assoc Christmas party. Have you met any other Filipino's here yet?

Actually none. I have not seen any Pinoys here for some reason. Although last week there is a 'international street market' along Union St. in Aberdeen and there is a booth with Filipino food. There I first saw an old Pinoy couple.

Yes, oil rigs/ oil platforms, depends where the job is.

Do you have facebook? If you want to add me there I can maybe introduce you to a couple here in Aberdeen who have more ties with the Pinoy community

Thread Information