Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: FLR (M) query

FLR (M) query

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can advise. I'm stuck on one of the FLR questions, one of the first in fact and I feel a bit dumb

Section 2, question 2 it states:-

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
    categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
    current sponsor?

Our spouse visa application was after 9th July 2012 rules. So our route is:- Spouse Visa - FLR - ILR.

So do I class this FLR as first or second application? I see it as second but would appreciate feedback.

Second application for a visa (the first being as a spouse) ... but first for an extension under the Rules effective from 9th July 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Second application for a visa (the first being as a spouse) ... but first for an extension under the Rules effective from 9th July 2012.
    's what I'd put, anyway ... ... but someone's bound to correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Arthur, thanks for the feedback. I'm possibly on the wrong track here but I don't understand why they would ask the question. Surely someone applying for FLR has previously made a visa application, so the the answer would always be NO. I guess I'm missing something here

Hello PaulR. If it's the first time applying for FLR, then it's the first extension. The form is a generic visa application which tries to cover different personal circumstances for different types of visa applicants.

Unlike you, I applied as a fiancée upon entry clearance.

To me its one of those stupid questions that could have 2 answers. I have to go through this next year.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    To me its one of those stupid questions that could have 2 answers. I have to go through this next year.
    , Andy ... typical Government bureaucracy! Myrna and I were enough when we applied for her Spousal Visa (and she's a teacher!) That was away back when the procedure was a lot more simple and straightforward ... and me a bit younger ... in January of 2009. Thank the Lord we're finished with all this red tape a
    long time ago!

You're happy now Arthur, that's the important thing. We will get through it though with all the help on here.

That question isn't a 'deal breaker' by any means.

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
    Either a visa application or application for extension of stay under the category of Spouse (which happens to include fiance(e) or proposed civil partner)

Don't forget with the same sponsor.

Your wife already applied for a visa as spouse and with you as her sponsor so this is her second time
    Tick the no box. It's not her first time.
    The first time was in Manila

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Hello PaulR. If it's the first time applying for FLR, then it's the first extension. The form is a generic visa application which tries to cover different personal circumstances for different types of visa applicants.

Unlike you, I applied as a fiancée upon entry clearance.
    Hi Anne
    thank you for the reply and understood on the multiple personal circumstances. I think the fact it says "Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or..", so in that respect, in my eyes at least, I didn't read it like that. As you say this being our first FLR, this answers question 2.3 in that this is our first period of leave to remain. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That question isn't a 'deal breaker' by any means.

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
    Either a visa application or application for extension of stay under the category of Spouse (which happens to include fiance(e) or proposed civil partner)

Don't forget with the same sponsor.

Your wife already applied for a visa as spouse and with you as her sponsor so this is her second time
    Tick the no box. It's not her first time.
    The first time was in Manila
    Hi Terpe,
    thanks for the response. That was my initial thought too. I think someone touched on it already in that the questions can sometime be interpreted in different ways depending on your where you have come from in the visa process. So to clarify on the following question, this is her first period of leave to remain? I promise I won't badger for every question in the application but much appreciate the feedback everyone. Incidentally Terpe you assisted in our initial spouse application in what seems like a long time ago, again much appreciated

Hi Paul,
    The question asks about visa OR extension of stay.

You said it yourself, that your wife previously applied for a spouse visa
    So it's not her first time for a visa application under category of spouse.

"Visa or extension of stay"

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    HI ALL,

I m new to this forum please help how to fill FLR(M) FINANCIAL INFO SECTION 7 .

I am working as director of the company since 2016 and my wife works as employee in my company since 2016. MY question is as director of they company when filling FLR(M) Financial requirements which CATEGORY I FALL AS DIRECTOR ITS CATEGORY A & B OR CATEGORY F.

Secondly, Can we combined our income together (SALARY +DIRECTOR). looking to section 7, 7.3 on page 27, i can see salary income but where shall I put director income which I am getting by Drowing salary from my business.

On page 30, 7.3B Income from self employment so really confused where shall i put mine income.

Or Shall I reply on CATEGORY B, AND Combined income from both .

please anyone help? I shall be really grateful.

THANKS

Thread Information