Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3VJ0CD6mZ

Laughing all the way to the bank - no doubt the inept NHS Managers who engineer the staff shortages & shift rotas that cause this will pick up nice bonus cheques
    An A & E consultant would be on the maximum of £100k a year after 8 yrs of experience. Roughly what's that a day Dedworth ??
    Say 100k /12 months = 8k monthly

8k / say 22 working days a month is £378 a day for say 8 hrs.
    They worked 24 hours so that's 3 * £378 = £1,136. Oh don't forget btw, Xmas and New Year. So you would probably want more money for that and they would have to pay tax etc

So £378 / 8 hrs is £47.50 an hour, now I wonder how many lives they would have saved in that 24 hrs Dedworth, and what price do you put on someone's life ?

Can you name another profession which is so highly skilled, where they charge\get paid less than £50 an hour before tax etc ?

The Trust probably had no choice but to go to an agency at short notice. Maybe they couldn't find someone else to stand in the same day or next day. Maybe the A & E consultant was ill

Dedworth, my misses use to get calls pretty often from the Trust she worked for (misses put her name on a list of doctors that was willing to do extra work). It's capped. Can't remember the exact figure, I think £30 a hour, and they normally would want her to work the same day or the next day after she had already done or had to do her normal work.

I see the Snail only lists a few cases. Surely if there are many doctors doing locum work costing millions, then why don't they list more cases ????????

Stop believing the Daily Snail hype, Dedworth. I thought you were smarter than that!
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    's true ... but then my gripe lies with the surfeit of "glorified pen pushers", because IMO, it's actually them who'll be laughing all the way to the bank ... in marked contrast to the infinitely more deserving, skilled professionals whose shifts they organise.
    How do I know this?

Through word of word of mouth ... in the course of a discussion I once had with a late cousin of mine - latterly a Consultant Paediatrician at Glasgow's Yorkhill Hospital - shortly before he retired.

Apparently, it was the aforementioned bods who arranged the surgical priority lists and it was they who controlled the day to day operating lists according to their discretion ... ... regardless of the personal and professional judgements of the surgeons involved in the care of the patients allocated to them for whatever treatment happened to be required in any given instance. !

Trusted Member
    I could do with one to sort out this damned acid reflux and constant hiccupping I've had for the past few days ! hic !

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    An A & E consultant would be on the maximum of £100k a year after 8 yrs of experience. Roughly what's that a day Dedworth ??
    Say 100k /12 months = 8k monthly

8k / say 22 working days a month is £378 a day for say 8 hrs.
    They worked 24 hours so that's 3 * £378 = £1,136. Oh don't forget btw, Xmas and New Year. So you would probably want more money for that and they would have to pay tax etc

So £378 / 8 hrs is £47.50 an hour, now I wonder how many lives they would have saved in that 24 hrs Dedworth, and what price do you put on someone's life ?

Purely speculative and hypothetical

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Usual defending NHS gross incompetence & 2004 Contract Doctors greed fantasy land nonsense from Joe

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

Consultant salaries 2014/2015

Threshold 1, years completed as a consultant 0, £75,249, period before eligibility for next threshold one year

Threshold 2, years completed as a consultant 1, £77,605, period before eligibility for next threshold one year

Threshold 3, years completed as a consultant 2, £79,961, period before eligibility for next threshold one year

Threshold 4, years completed as a consultant 3, £82,318, period before eligibility for next threshold one year

Threshold 5, years completed as a consultant 4, £84,667, period before eligibility for next threshold five years

Threshold 6, years completed as a consultant 9, £90,263, period before eligibility for next threshold five years

Threshold 7, years completed as a consultant 14, £95,860, period before eligibility for next threshold five years

Threshold 8, years completed as a consultant 19, £101,451
    so tell me if they earn £100k a year what should they get paid for 24hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Usual defending NHS gross incompetence & 2004 Contract Doctors greed fantasy land nonsense from Joe
    so why has the snail not listed more cases ?? is that all they could find 3 cases

unlike you, your knowledge comes from reading the snail why mine comes from the misses experience of doing locum work

the trusts she works for are well organised, i've seen the spreadsheets with the shifts on that each doctor has to work that the misses gets from the trust, could be 30 or so doctors on that spreadsheet with the times and days they work, so the department is covered 24/7

as i've already told you, and its not printed in the snail because they dont know well its the snail , if someone is off ill the admin section have a list of doctors in that trust who might be willing to cover for someone who is ill, if no one on the list can cover, then they have no option but to get someone from an agency and pay their price maybe that's a fact because the snail could only find 3 cases

the only fantasy and nonsense is coming from you and the snail, tell me dedworth what happens where your misses works when someone is ill, does you misses ever get asked to cover for them ? or do they go straight to an agency
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information