Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Pacquiao and Mayweather shake hands at Heat game

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Can't see a fight between these two happening.

Mayweather is doing more ducking than Cameron!

Hours after a public face-to-face meeting and brief discussion during halftime of Tuesday night's Miami Heat-Milwaukee Bucks game in Miami, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. met privately for more than an hour to continue discussing terms for their proposed May 2 megafight.
    They met inside Pacquiao's hotel suite and "it was very pleasant and very encouraging, and we give Floyd credit for coming over," Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz, who was present at the meeting, told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "That's the first time they ever sat eye to eye. I've met Floyd many times, but he and Manny had never had a chance to meet. They talked at halftime, but this was a longer, more serious meeting. You could tell by their body language that this was very positive. It was for a good hour or more.
    "It was a business meeting, but it wasn't a tense business meeting. I think that's because they both have mutual respect for each other. We'll determine what will happen over the next couple of days."
    [+] Enlarge@MiamiHeat/TwitterAfter meeting publicly at the Heat-Bucks game, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. met again privately for more than an hour.

The halftime meeting, which Pacquiao said was the first time he and fellow welterweight champion Mayweather Jr. met, resulted in an exchange of phone numbers and lit up social media as sports fans continued to hope this latest twist would get them closer to fighting each other.
    The sides have been negotiating what will certainly be the richest fight in boxing history, but no deal has been struck yet. One of the issues is that Time Warner/HBO, which has a contract with Pacquiao, and CBS/Showtime, which has Mayweather under contract, need to hammer out terms for a joint pay-per-view telecast, which they did once before for the 2002 fight between then-heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis and former champ Mike Tyson. They have been negotiating the terms.
    Koncz said that Mayweather voiced two specific broadcasting issues to Pacquiao during the hotel meeting.
    "I told Floyd I would call [Pacquiao promoter] Bob [Arum of Top Rank] in the morning, and I did that and discussed them with Bob, and he assured us they have been worked out. I took care of it," Koncz said. "I said to Floyd, and Manny agreed, that if those are the only two broadcasting issues, we would take care of them."
    Koncz declined to go into detail about the specifics of the issues because "I don't want to step on HBO's or Showtime's toes."
    Koncz said Pacquiao and Mayweather also discussed other issues but that the broadcasting items were "the majority of the discussion. Floyd said, 'I want the fight to happen,' and Manny said he does, too. If the fighters both want the fight to happen, who can stop it? They both said they want it to happen, and we're still looking to make it happen on May 2.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ng-terms-fight

I hope it's another Thriller in Manila

It's OK I just woke up now

Just shows how many different groups with different strategies get involved and just how much mega-money is involved and needs sharing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I hope it's another Thriller in Manila
    Peter ... you're a poet.! Did you know it?

Thread Information