Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question LEAKED: Travel Hack for Cheap Airfare

I never really understood why, but whenever I used to try to book a domestic flight in another country, the prices were always ridiculous!

Last year, a quick domestic flight from Bangkok to Trang, Thailand was going to cost me almost $300.

But…

As soon as I landed in Bangkok, I booked a seat on that very same flight for under $30!

This was because of the “Point of Sale” - the physical location where the retail transaction was completed. Point of Sale can have a drastic affect on the pricing of any flight with an international component.

I’d be delusional if I claimed to have cracked the how’s and why’s of airline pricing, but it is true that some airfare is much cheaper, depending on where you are when you but it.

Or better yet: where you appear to buy it from.

You can leverage foreign currencies and a “fake” point of sale to your advantage…

Most people have no idea that they can change where they appear to be buying a plane ticket from. That’s how I managed to swindle a flight from LAX to Rio for a meager $482 instead of $1,000+

Although this method can be used for regular international flights, it often works best when you’re buying domestic flights in another country. A Brazilian friend told me that flights to Sao Paulo were much cheaper to buy once in Rio rather than from abroad.

He also showed me how airfare for the exact same routes often varies between the U.S. and foreign versions of an airline’s website. This is often because of regional sales and promotions. However, the local currency’s exchange rate may also factor into your favor.

Anyone up for saving money?

Read more here...

Banned
    Airfares are a racket

I have no idea if it works or not nor if it's worth exploring.
    I came by the article and thought it may be of interest

Banned
    I've tucked it away & will have a go at it next time we're in the market. Thanks Terpe

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I've read this article (or a similar one) a couple of months ago. Keith tried what the author was suggesting but it didn't really give him the lower/cheaper price that the article was saying. In fact, some even gave out a result of a higher price. He said he thinks it might be possible if the destination/place is not really popular or not really a tourist place. No cheap results in the Manila or US route that he tried.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I've read this article (or a similar one) a couple of months ago. Keith tried what the author was suggesting but it didn't really give him the lower/cheaper price that the article was saying. In fact, some even gave out a result of a higher price. He said he thinks it might be possible if the destination/place is not really popular or not really a tourist place. No cheap results in the Manila or US route that he tried.
    Ah, OK thanks for the info Rayna

Thread Information