Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Family Visit Visa and Child Visit Visa

Good day everyone! I'm new here..my husband is a British national and we are trying to apply for a family visit visa and child visit visa since we cannot comply with the financial requirement for spouse visa because my husband only earns 12,000 GBP a year. I quit my job a year ago to focus on attending to my five-year-old son.

We're having a hard time on finding reasons to come back. My son is an illegitimate child. My husband and I haven't been together for over a year and a half. Please help us. We would come back here in Phil after 6 months that's for sure. But how can we prove it? HELP!

The only reason I have to come back is my child needs to attend school but I don't think its enough.

Getting a Visit Visa can be a hit and miss for anyone.

One extra problem you could face, is that as you're married - and if your relationship is genuine - why are you only intending to visit instead of settle here? So you will probably have to tell them that your husband doesn't earn the minimum £18k6, which they might say, because of that you will not return before your visa expires.

Reasons for stating you will return will not be easy in your case

Main reason will be that you won't want to jeopardise any future applications by overstaying.

As you don't have a job to return to, what about a letter from your former employers to say how long you had worked there and that you were of good character?

As a visit visa is low cost, it's worth a gamble, but that's what your doing!

Unless this government lowers the £18k6 figure - or Labour come into power in May and changes or scraps the figure - your husband's best bet is to find another better-paying job.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks Joebloggs. I will consider your suggestions and I might enrol my son for the next school year earlier than usual so I can add the Certificate of Enrolment as a proof that we will be coming back.

I will appreciate your suggestions thank you!

Couldn't your husband get a part time job to boost his earnings up to the 18k Threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilei View Post
    Good day everyone! I'm new here..my husband is a British national and we are trying to apply for a family visit visa and child visit visa since we cannot comply with the financial requirement for spouse visa because my husband only earns 12,000 GBP a year. I quit my job a year ago to focus on attending to my five-year-old son.

We're having a hard time on finding reasons to come back. My son is an illegitimate child. My husband and I haven't been together for over a year and a half. Please help us. We would come back here in Phil after 6 months that's for sure. But how can we prove it? HELP!

The only reason I have to come back is my child needs to attend school but I don't think its enough.
    What a very compound situation...I would advise to go ahead with the family visit visa ..just write a sound compelling sponsor letter from your husband explaining everything...good luck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    Couldn't your husband get a part time job to boost his earnings up to the 18k Threshold?
    We already thought about that and he is working on it now. The family visit visa is just temporary while we're waiting. We really wanna see each other

And for me and my son to experience the British culture. Hopefully we'll make it before summer

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    What a very compound situation...I would advise to go ahead with the family visit visa ..just write a sound compelling sponsor letter from your husband explaining everything...good luck!!
    I know, I am so confused and worried.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully more suggestions will keep coming.

Thanks everyone!

Thread Information