Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Name on Passport

Does the name on the passport have to be the same as the name you're applying in?

The reason being, we've just got married and want to apply for a Spouse Visa. For her to get her passport changed to her married name would take at least 2 months and that is "Philippines' two months"

So we want to apply for the Spouse Visa now, but her passport will still be in her maiden name.

Will this be a problem?

If so, will it be ok to apply in her maiden name - but still apply for the Spouse Visa?

Hope this makes sense.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    If her passport is still valid and does not have less than 6 months left on the validity, then she can still use that in applying her spouse visa. She would have to use her maiden name and it will not cause any problem. Plenty of members here did just that, including me.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by spurs View Post
    Does the name on the passport have to be the same as name you're applying in?

The reason being, we've just got married and want to apply for a Spouse Visa. For her to get her passport changed to her married name would take at least 2 months and that is "Philippines' two months"

So we want to apply for the Spouse Visa now, but her passport will still be in her maiden name.

Will this be a problem?

If so, will it be ok to apply in her maiden name - but still apply for the Spouse Visa?

Hope this makes sense.
    Yes it does make sense. Since lots of Filipinas have not had occasion to travel abroad previously, this will be their first-ever passport and so many, in fact, do apply for Spousal Visas in their *maiden names (my own wife being one such example) ... the only difference being that *that will be the name which appears on the visa when issued. What IS important is that the names match.

Respected Member
    Thank you both for your time to reply. It has helped a lot

Hi, it took my wife about 3 weeks, but she had priority service to change to her married name, and she took our 2-month-old daughter with her.

When she went to the DFA to get our daughter's passport, they told her that she had to change to her married name. They said its law now, but I have never read anything about that law!!

Also, when she went to the CFO, they told her there. I am not 100% sure, but I would give them both a call or drop them an email. May be our circumstances were different.

Will

Throughout the whole immigration journey UKVI will require the name on the passport.
    Changing the name on the passport is a personal decision.

Thread Information