Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Got my Marriage Certificate from NSO in just 1 week

Happy for the good news, I had applied an electronic endorsement for my Marriage License to the NSO on 12th of January 2015. I just recieved yesterday my Marriage License on 22 of January ( 1 week) this is so amazing! I just got married last month on December 06, 2014. and the cost for ML is 140 pesos... so now all things is good to me, and all supporting ducoments are now completed, ready to submit.

Can't wait for my appointment.

1. TB test book in 24/02/2015.
    2. VFS appointemnt 25/02/2015.

Then waiting for the result.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    Happy for the good news, I had have applied an electronic endorsement for my Marriage License to the NSO on 12th of January 2015. I just recieved yesterday my Marriage License on 22 of January ( 1 week) this is so amazing! I just got married last month on December 06, 2014. and the cost for ML is 140 pesos... so now all things is good to me, and all supporting ducoments are now completed, ready to submit.

Can't wait for my appointment.

1. TB test book in 24/02/2015.
    2. VFS appointemnt 25/02/2015.

Then waiting for the result.
    Glad you already got the documents needed. I'm just wondering why the TB screening is booked a day before the VFS appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post

I'm just wondering why the TB screening is booked a day before the VFS appointment.
    Strange, Ann2014. Nonetheless it's really good going to receive the NSO endorsement so quickly ... and for that, I imagine your namesake is truly thankful!

All the best with your visa application, Ann 1984.

Yes, well done for that.
    So many folks get caught out with marriage certificate and end up waiting for ages.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello.
    Excuse my ignorance I'm new here and joined as I have a Philippine girlfriend whom I intend to marry. Can you explain 1. What the NSO is? And 2. TB? Many thanks John x

John ... NSO is the abbrieviation commonly used for the *National Statistics Office in Manila. *It is where ALL locally~prepared Marriage Certificates MUST be endorsed for acceptance by the British Embassy before the latter will process a Spousal Visa application.

TB is short for Tuberculosis ... and here in particular (understandably so) a Clearance Certificate (verifying an applicant is completely free of symptoms) is a mandatory requirement prior to proceeding with any application.

Hopefully the foregoing answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes, well done for that.
    So many folks get caught out with marriage certificate and end up waiting for ages.

Yes, I know my friend could not believe it, it must be 3 weeks to wait on its return from the NSO.

Terpe, is it correct? I booked my TB test before my VFS appointment. I just want to make sure that I am in the right time of my appointment and not rushing. I hate to be rushed. I'd be panicking!
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Glad you already got the documents needed. I'm just wondering why the TB screening is booked a day before the VFS appointment.

Hi Anne, can you share your experience? I am confused in case I book a wrong time? I'm just thinking, TB test is one of the requirements for a Spouse visa, so I will need to submit this to support my documents.

Correct me if my train of thoughts is wrong! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Strange, Ann2014. Nonetheless it's really good going to receive the NSO endorsement so quickly ... and for that, I imagine your namesake is truly thankful!

All the best with your visa application, Ann 1984.
    Hi Arthur, thank you! This is a long journey for us!

Hello again Ann1984. The reason I asked about the TB screening appointment is that there are some results released the next day. You don't want to book an appointment at VFS if all the documents are not ready yet.

Terpe, is it correct I booked my TB test before my VFS appointment. I just want to make sure that I am in the right time of my appointment and not rushing. I hate to be rushed. I'd be panicking!
    Well, it's like this.
    You cannot submit your application to VFS without having your TB all clear certificate. It's a mandatory prerequisite and VFS cannot accept any submission with out it.
    So yes, TB test must be done before VFS submission.

Have you already filled out your online application, paid the fee and booked your VFS application centre appointment ?

Knowing how things pan out in the Philippines anything could end up delayed, so personally I feel you're cutting things mighty fine.

Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

At least you can reschedule VFS If necessary.

Good luck

Really? You received yours the following day? I'm thinking positive for this, so we will see what will happen. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Well, it's like this.
    You cannot submit your application to VFS without having your TB all clear certificate. It's a mandatory prerequisite and VFS cannot accept any submission with out it.
    So yes, TB test must be done before VFS submission.

Have you already filled out your online application, paid the fee and booked your VFS application centre appointment ?

Knowing how things pan out in the Philippines anything could end up delayed so personally I feel you're cutting things mighty fine.

Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

At least you can reschedule VFS If necessary.

Good luck
    Yes, thank you Terpe for your advice!

Fingers crossed. I will reschedule my VFS what ever happen for my TB test result.

Thank you very much!

Banned
    Hi Ann(e)s 2014 & 1984 I couldn't help noticing that your avatars are very similar

Yes, thank you Terpe for your advice!

Fingers crossed. I will reschedule my VFS what ever happen for my TB test result.

Thank you very much!
    I got my TB test within the day of my appointment but I know someone who has to come back the next day to get the results. But I hope everything will be alright and you can re-book your appointment at VFS as Terpe said. Good luck!

Hi Dedworth! And we have the same name too! Well, I took the photo from my aunt's house in Northern Cebu.

How about you, Ann1984? Is that your wedding photo?

Hi Anne, my avatar is our prenuptial picture. And thank you for sharing your experience.

Where did you live in UK?

I receive an email this morning from Manila health center, TB Screening.

"if the results are Normal, I will receive the results within the same day."

Cheers Guys!

Hi Anne, my avatar is our prenuptial picture. And thank you for sharing your experience.

Where did you live in UK?
    Very nice pre-nup photo! Was it in Cebu? I am in Gloucester by the way.

Hehe, thanks! Surigao del sur island, where part in UK?

Hehe, thanks! Surigao del sur island, where part in UK?
    Our avatars look similar though mine is in the Visayas and yours obviously in Mindanao. Gloucester is located in SouthWest of England and I guess it's not that long drive to Devon

Yes we can meet up soon if you wish! Hehe! I live in Dartmouth.

Yes we can meet up soon if you wish! Hehe! I live in Dartmouth.
    Seems a nice place to be! Yeah, why not!

Yes it's nice place there, you will both enjoy!

Hi there! Just wanted to share my TB test experience... I had the test done in the morning then had to sit in the room where a lot of others are waiting either to be called for the test or to get their result. I had to nip out for a quick lunch at noon - there is a Jollibee about 5 minutes walk from the TB test center - then walked back as soon as I could.

You can imagine I did not enjoy that lunch break because I was worried that my number or name will be called, and I would have missed it if I was not back yet, so I just shoved as much food as I could in my mouth and hurried back to the center. I still had to wait for hour when I got back!

Finally got the result around 5pm or so, if I remember correctly. So I got the result on the same day, but I just wanted to share my experience so you know what you might expect. Bring food and drink and something to keep you busy while you kill time. Sitting there for hours doing nothing but just waiting to be called felt like forever!

All the best to your TB test and VFS appointment! It is just a few days away now.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi there! Just wanted to share my TB test experience... I had the test done in the morning then had to sit in the room where a lot of others are waiting either to be called for the test or to get their result. I had to nip out for a quick lunch at noon - there is a Jollibee about 5 minutes walk from the TB test center - then walked back as soon as I could.

You can imagine I did not enjoy that lunch break because I was worried that my number or name might be called, and I would have missed it if I was not back yet, so I just shoved as much food as I could in my mouth and hurried back to the center. I still had to wait for hour when I got back!

Finally got the result around 5pm or so, if I remember correctly. So I got the result on the same day, but I just wanted to share my experience so you know what you might expect. Bring food and drink and something to keep you busy while you kill time. Sitting there for hours doing nothing but just waiting to be called felt like forever!

All the best with your TB test and VFS appointment! It is just a few days away now.
    I just want to add that Sun and Smart don't have reception inside IOM, only Globe. Had my appointment at 2pm and got my results at 5pm. What I did with the 3-hour wait? I made friends with the people next to me.

I just want to add that Sun and Smart don't have reception inside IOM, only Globe. Had my appointment at 2pm and got my results at 5pm. What I did with the 3-hour wait? I made friends with the people next to me.
    I did not notice that there were signal problems there. I had both Smart and Globe mobile phones at the time Still, very good that you mentioned it for those who are still to apply, at least they have an idea of what they might experience regarding their mobile phones. And yes, I also made friends with people sat next to me. We chatted the whole time. I became friends with 3 other women. Only two of us got our visas approved and we remain in touch.

The other one, applying for a spouse visa got refused due to her husband's income not being sufficient. It's quite heart breaking. Now her husband has to travel to Manila to see her, and I cannot imagine how long they can keep doing that. Imagine the expense and the pain of not being able to be together!

The other one applying for fiancee visa also got refused but has since filed her appeal and is expecting to hear the result/decision around April. At least her fiance has more than sufficient salary to keep visiting her in Manila while they are waiting for the decision to be made.

Thread Information