Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How did you meet your spouse/girlfriend boyfriend

Just an idea of how you all met your spouses or girlfriends and boyfriends.
    How long you've been a member of a dating site before you met your loves and got married?

Like to hear some nice stories

Trusted Member
    I met my partner through the dateinasia site...over 3 years ago.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I have been corresponding with my girlfriend since October 2014, I'm going out to meet her in April this year. We also met on Dateinasia.

Regards, John

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Facebook!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I met my wife in Japan.

She was running her Jazz themed restaurant and I was a consulting Engineer for a number of Japanese railways.

I was introduced to her by a lady friend who told me she could speak good English and might be interested to teach me Japanese.

Some good stories there.
    @Raynaputi: How did you meet on facebook?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    Some good stories there.
    @Raynaputi: How did you meet on facebook?
    Keith sent a friend request. I thought he sent the invites to add me on one of the FB games I used to play .. little did I know! So the rest is history.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Cool

Respected Member
    My wife and I were introduced by a mutual friend. She didn't know why we were both in our thirties and single, so she decided to do something about it.

It was a good move!

Met my wife on D.I.A. I had originally booked a solo vacation to the Phils. I was going to spend 2 weeks in Boracay after the hairdresser that I go to recommended it. Her father is married to a filipino and lives out there. My next visit to have my haircut she asked who I was going with? I said on my own. She then told me about D.I.A. The rest is history.

We were introduced by a mutual friend and started chatting on facebook.

Well, Nick ... like many other forum members, I'd met Myrna on an 'Introductions Site'. It happened to be called 'Dating Direct' (known as 'Meetic' in the Phils apparently) in 2007. Then after corresponding almost daily for a year (latterly by email) I travelled twice to Tagum City in Davao del Norte Province, Mindanao and we eventually married there in December 2008.

, it must be said, was one of the two best moves I've ever made ... the other had been marrying my first, [late] wife exactly 41 years earlier in December 1967!

Met my hubby at work 25 years ago

Wonderful story there Arthur

Met my hubby 3 years ago in a dating site name " " Manila Darling".

Love moves in mysterious ways!
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Not sure if I have ever told the story on here. I haven't told any of my family how we really met, just said through friends on facebook.

The truth is, I was off work with bronchitis in September 2012 and sleeping and resting for around two weeks. During the first week I decided to download some TV programs to watch in bed on my laptop. On one of the websites I went to an ad, came up with a dating site called 'Filipino Cupid' and I accidentally clicked onto it. Normally I closed those sort of windows down straight away, but this time I was curious - as the women on the front page looked pretty attractive to me.

So out of boredom I created a profile and put what I thought were good pictures on there.

Almost straightaway I was getting profile views and messages in my inbox, but of course the "free site" all of a sudden became a pay site if you wanted to read messages.

And as I had no intention of paying for a dating site, I logged off and thought no more about it.

Next day, I checked my email and had about 100 messages telling me I had messages there to read.

I decided to log back on and look at some profiles, as I knew I couldn't read the messages. First off, I decided to delete the messages and, upon doing so, one of the profile pictures caught my eye. It was Harlene's! I clicked on it to see her full profile, really liked what I saw and read.

So, before I knew it, my credit card was in my hand and I had purchased a three months' subscription!

I immediately messaged Harlene back. But, due to the time difference, she was asleep. So I logged off and went back to sleep. I was then in bed for 3 days, feeling really bad.

When I finally logged onto Filipino Cupid again, I found a three-day-old message from Harlene. I later found out she was going to not bother pursuing me as apparently I looked a bit of a hard man from my photos and her sister said I didn't smile! Also, she thought I wasn't interested as I hadn't replied sooner.

However her friend told her to give me a chance as I looked really nice.

21 months or so after the first message, we married in June 2014. We have lived together in England since 30th November 2014 and our first baby is due on 15th Feb 2015.....

Thank God I was ill in bed in September 2012; it changed my life for the better!

I met my hubby in ok cupid.com, I was a member for a week and him for 3 days. After exchanging messages for 2 weeks he asked if he could visit me in 2 months' time and of course I said "yes!"

After 10 visits in the space of 2 years, we finally got married and here I am in UK
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Newbie (Restricted Access) PatekPhilippe's Avatar
    I was working in Indonesia (Jakarta) in 2011 for a long project which would take a few years. I was single as I had broken up with my ex who moved to Miami to do an internship in hotel management. I went to visit her as we tried to do LD but I got some anonymous messages on FB from friends of friends who said she had been cheating on me, which turned out to be true. So I was more than happy to take up my company' offer to send me to Jakarta and move on. I had been with this girl for 3 years and it was very up and down, prior to that it was another 3 year relationship which was also up and down. So I drew a line in the sand and said to myself I'm never going to get serious with a girl ever again 'unless she is 'perfect'! No compromises!! no more lunatics or unfaithfuls please.

After a few months I'd made friends with a group of fun locals and expats from all different nationalities and all in my age group of early to mid 20s, and started dating 1 or 2 girls outside of the group. I was invited to a birthday party in a club for, the girl of which whose birthday it was in our group really liked me. She was a nice girl but wasn't my cup of tea and I didn't want to lead her on. I was quite tired as it was a Friday, I'd been working all week and had already organised a dinner date with a girl I'd met the weekend previously. So I declined to go. I went on the dinner date which turned out to be quite successful. By 10pm I was in a taxi on my way home.
    I was getting texts and phone calls telling me I had to go to this club while I was in the taxi. The club was actually en route on my way home, so I thought it, why not? and went - planning to have 1 or 2 drinks then go to bed.

After a couple of drinks and getting pestered heavily by the birthday girl who was already drunk by that time, the most incredible thing happened. One of her friends from outside of our group, brought a friend with her, who happened to be doing nothing that evening and was coerced into going, as she had recently broken up with her boyfriend. I was introduced, and literally my heart plummeted!! She was singularly the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I was completely mesmerized! My mood completely switched from trying to find a fire escape to get out of the place to wanting to get down on one knee and offer my hand in marriage to this girl!

As I tried to get chatting to her, buy her drinks, find situations where we would be able to speak etc, she was having none of it because the birthday girl was acting so clingy towards me and getting very touchy-feely, and me being polite, I wasn't going to just chuck her off and tell her to stay away, as she was a friend after all as well. Turned out the girl thought that she was my GF and that I was just trying to get a 2nd girl or something! She had heard this is what a lot of expatriate guys get up to in Jakarta, which absolutely never crossed my mind at all. So her opinion of me at the time was that i was a for trying to flirt with her!! Disaster ...!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I managed to get her number from one of her friends, and managed to set something up so we could meet one afternoon just as friends for chit chat etc. And it took a couple of weeks thereafter to convince her that I did not have a GF - especially not the aforementioned girl - and that was a all a misunderstanding ... that i'd love to take her out on a date, etc. Less than 2 months after that, we were an item. And 3 years later, we are married, home owners in London! and would like to start a family within the next few years.

Nice stories. Always good to hear about the successes....

I met my wife in Kowloon Park in Hong Kong. I was backpacking around Asia at the time and had only gone to HK to get a job so I could earn some more money and carry on travelling. We met in August (I am sure my wife could tell you the date) and were married the following January. This was 19 years ago. Still together and happy.

Met on Filipino Cupid, chatted for a year before I flew out to meet her in March 2012. I went back again in October 2012 - when we got engaged - and applied for a Fiance visa. It got granted within a month and she flew to the UK in December 2012. We got married in April 2013 and have just got back from visiting family in Cebu in Jan/Feb 2015. Hoping to get a house in Cebu in the next few years.....

Respected Member
    I met my wife on Asianeuro website,.. posted my first picture on the site January 25th 2005..got about 65 replies next morning..scanned through them and spotted this girl from the province, no make up, no posing..just a face with a baseball hat on!

Went over to see her in February that year after realising she wasn't a scammer, spent 10 days there and only kissed her about 10 times (that's all!)..went home, realised I was missing something in my life after being with her and returned 3 weeks later for another 10 days. This time I proposed to her and asked her mother for permission, bought the ring then went back home.

To cut a long story short, she collected all her papers really fast, I phoned the Embassy - got a cancellation interview date for her - and flew back again in May just to accompany her from Cebu to Manila for her interview. I had pre-booked her flights for her from Cebu to Manila (return) and also from Manila to UK (return) both for the same day !! (the day after the interview).

After me holding my breath for 4 hours while she was in the Embassy applying for the fiancee visa, she eventually appeared at the top of the stairs waving her passport with a brand new visa to come to UK with me! Hehe..what a risk I took doing all that in the space of 6 months! Been married to my wife for 10 years come October this year, have two absolutely gorgeous kids with her and she is now a full UK (Scottish) citizen!

A totally life-changing decision made on the spur of the moment to fly "beyond Europe" for a change!

Still very happy..

Jonny

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatekPhilippe View Post
    I was working in Indonesia (Jakarta) in 2011 for a long project which would take a few years. I was single as I had broken up with my ex who moved to Miami to do an internship in hotel management. I went to visit her as we tried to do LD but I got some anonymous messages on FB from friends of friends who said she had been cheating on me, which turned out to be true. So I was more than happy to take up my company' offer to send me to Jakarta and move on. I had been with this girl for 3 years and it was very up and down, prior to that it was another 3 year relationship which was also up and down. So I drew a line in the sand and said to myself I'm never going to get serious with a girl ever again 'unless she is 'perfect'! No compromises!! no more lunatics or unfaithfuls please.

After a few months I'd made friends with a group of fun locals and expats from all different nationalities and all in my age group of early to mid 20s, and started dating 1 or 2 girls outside of the group. I was invited to a birthday party in a club for, the girl of which whose birthday it was in our group really liked me. She was a nice girl but wasn't my cup of tea and I didn't want to lead her on. I was quite tired as it was a Friday, I'd been working all week and had already organised a dinner date with a girl I'd met the weekend previously. So I declined to go. I went on the dinner date which turned out to be quite successful. By 10pm I was in a taxi on my way home.
    I was getting texts and phone calls telling me I had to go to this club while I was in the taxi. The club was actually en route on my way home, so I thought it, why not? and went - planning to have 1 or 2 drinks then go to bed.

After a couple of drinks and getting pestered heavily by the birthday girl who was already drunk by that time, the most incredible thing happened. One of her friends from outside of our group, brought a friend with her, who happened to be doing nothing that evening and was coerced into going, as she had recently broken up with her boyfriend. I was introduced, and literally my heart plummeted!! She was singularly the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I was completely mesmerized! My mood completely switched from trying to find a fire escape to get out of the place to wanting to get down on one knee and offer my hand in marriage to this girl!

As I tried to get chatting to her, buy her drinks, find situations where we would be able to speak etc, she was having none of it because the birthday girl was acting so clingy towards me and getting very touchy-feely, and me being polite, I wasn't going to just chuck her off and tell her to stay away, as she was a friend after all as well. Turned out the girl thought that she was my GF and that I was just trying to get a 2nd girl or something! She had heard this is what a lot of expatriate guys get up to in Jakarta, which absolutely never crossed my mind at all. So her opinion of me at the time was that i was a for trying to flirt with her!! Disaster ...!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I managed to get her number from one of her friends, and managed to set something up so we could meet one afternoon just as friends for chit chat etc. And it took a couple of weeks thereafter to convince her that I did not have a GF - especially not the aforementioned girl - and that was a all a misunderstanding ... that i'd love to take her out on a date, etc. Less than 2 months after that, we were an item. And 3 years later, we are married, home owners in London! and would like to start a family within the next few years.
    Nice.

Some lovely stories there, makes me real envious.

I am a crewing manager for a shipping company so in charge of approximately 100 Filipino seafarers most of whom are already married but we have a handful of single ones who are always being pushed to find a girl and make a move on someone. Honestly the guys are worse than the girls for gossiping and that kind of thing!
    Anyway one of the guys I knew was single had caught my eye but he was different from the rest, a little quieter and never showed any interest in the Filipina ladies that used to visit the ships. Eventually one of the married ones I was close friends with introduced us properly and we then became friends on facebook. I never imagined anything would come of it as he was one of my employees but as we chatted more we got closer and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I am a crewing manager for a shipping company so in charge of approximately 100 Filipino seafarers most of whom are already married but we have a handful of single ones who are always being pushed to find a girl and make a move on someone. Honestly the guys are worse than the girls for gossiping and that kind of thing!
    Anyway one of the guys I knew was single had caught my eye but he was different from the rest, a little quieter and never showed any interest in the Filipina ladies that used to visit the ships. Eventually one of the married ones I was close friends with introduced us properly and we then became friends on facebook. I never imagined anything would come of it as he was one of my employees but as we chatted more we got closer and the rest is history.
    Different!

Newbie (Restricted Access) PatekPhilippe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Nice.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatekPhilippe View Post
    Thanks
    A story never to be forgotten!

I met my wife on date in asia after many failed attempts of chatting to women. Mostly scammers as I found out as it seem obvious when they asked for money quite soon after the conversations started.

Sheina messaged me on DIA and it was nice as she had obviously taken a lot of time to read my profile. We exchanged a few messages back and forth and we were having fun. We then added each other on facebook.

It wasn't long before I was arranging my first trip to Cebu. I was frightened as I was travelling alone and a lot of Filipinos I work with had told me to be very careful. When I got there I was memorised by Cebu and Sheina was lovely.

I stayed for 3 wonderful weeks and we did so many cool things. I fell in love with the Philippines and knew Sheina was the one for me. I have now been back a few times and we got married last year in November at mountain view in Cebu. Now just planning the visa and so forth.

Being a member on here helped me a great deal and still does.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I met my wife on date in asia after many failed attempts of chatting to women. Mostly scammers as I found out as it seem obvious when they asked for money quite soon after the conversations started.

Sheina messaged me on DIA and it was nice as she had obviously taken a lot of time to read my profile. We exchanged a few messages back and forth and we were having fun. We then added each other on facebook.

It wasn't long before I was arranging my first trip to Cebu. I was frightened as I was travelling alone and a lot of Filipinos I work with had told me to be very careful. When I got there I was memorised by Cebu and Sheina was lovely.

I stayed for 3 wonderful weeks and we did so many cool things. I fell in love with the Philippines and knew Sheina was the one for me. I have now been back a few times and we got married last year in November at mountain view in Cebu. Now just planning the visa and so forth.

Being a member on here helped me a great deal and still does.
    Thanks for sharing.

Hope the visa application goes well for you both

Thread Information