Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Fiancee visa latest requirements for self employed complex so advisor needed

Dear All,

I have spent last 10 days - many hours a day - searching as my fiancée and I plan she will get a fiancée visa to marry in the UK in November.

I think I need an advisor, as my house is built on its own land, so will need a Land Registry Certificate. I Have someone living on a Rent-a-Room basis in the house no tenancy (3 other rooms available) so will need a Surveyor's Certificate on rooms available for our use.

Proof I am single to marry, I guess, will come from the Registry Office, as I am about to book the wedding and hall for reception. The really helpful replies mean I am relatively happy we know the documents needed for my fiancé in the Philippines

Documents for me to provide( financial):

SA 302 from Tax Office with letter from accountant and latest tax return (is that tax return still necessary?) and my income reaches threshold.

Certificate of Tax paid last year with UTR

Proof of National Insurance paid last year

Do you still need a Certificate of Self Employment - even though SA 302 from Tax Office states income from self employment?

12 months' private and business bank statements stamped and with letter I am getting from bank.

I fly out February 12 this year for 2 months and we hope, together, to fix application with the documents I take out to Philippines.

Is there anyone who can recommend a competent advisor to make sure we have all documents we need for fiancée application? I spent Monday in hospital with what appears was stress and anxiety, not a heart attack. In my business I am overloaded with work, so really need to get all answers to retain some bodily health.

If I get this application wrong we have a huge delay, costs of appeal etc, hence I ask for an advisor's name.

Thankyou for all the help I've received so far on the forum.

Terpe

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    Dear All,

I have spent last 10 days - many hours a day - searching as my fiancée and I plan she will get a fiancée visa to marry in the UK in November.

I think I need an advisor, as my house is built on its own land, so will need a Land Registry Certificate. I Have someone living on a Rent-a-Room basis in the house no tenancy (3 other rooms available) so will need a Surveyor's Certificate on rooms available for our use.

Proof I am single to marry, I guess, will come from the Registry Office, as I am about to book the wedding and hall for reception. The really helpful replies mean I am relatively happy we know the documents needed for my fiancé in the Philippines

Documents for me to provide( financial):

SA 302 from Tax Office with letter from accountant and latest tax return (is that tax return still necessary?) and my income reaches threshold.

Certificate of Tax paid last year with UTR

Proof of National Insurance paid last year

Do you still need a Certificate of Self Employment - even though SA 302 from Tax Office states income from self employment?

12 months' private and business bank statements stamped and with letter I am getting from bank.

I fly out February 12 this year for 2 months and we hope, together, to fix application with the documents I take out to Philippines.

Is there anyone who can recommend a competent advisor to make sure we have all documents we need for fiancée application? I spent Monday in hospital with what appears was stress and anxiety, not a heart attack. In my business I am overloaded with work, so really need to get all answers to retain some bodily health.

If I get this application wrong we have a huge delay, costs of appeal etc, hence I ask for an advisor's name.

Thankyou for all the help I've received so far on the forum.
    Have you reviewed the VAF4A application form together with the threads here in the forum?

You can seek out an immigration adviser if you feel that will help. Do be though aware that they cannot create a successful application for you.
    They can only request you supply those evidential documents to them together with your own commentary on relationship issues, accommodation, intention to marry etc.

There is no guarantee at all that engaging the services of an adviser will result in the granting of a visa.

From what you've shared it doesn't appear that you've researched correctly.

I'd also suggest you've not really left yourself much time to build up good case supported by documents.
    I think you'd better contact someone like Victoria Sharkey of Medivisas

http://www.medivisas.com

She'll certainly push you hard to secure the needed documents

Good luck

Respected Member
    Thankyou,

I have read all the posts I could find on self-employed requirements and the excellent all new fiancée guide and followed links on that; also all other posts on fiancée visas.

I have found some of the requirements on self-employed and accommodation a little confusing. However, hopefully we have them all on the way.

In the Phils my partners trying to fulfil her requirements. So hopefully, Medivisa can just check we're gong with the right documents for my slightly unusual business and accommodation scenario.

Thankyou all for such helpful posts.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi - I think the best thing to do is for you to get an immigration lawyer. The lawyer will sort out all documents needed. We hired a lawyer when I applied my fiancee visa last March 2014. The lawyer was based here in the UK. All documents were sent to me then to the Philippines. All I did was submit it according to the order of papers when I received it and just filled in the pages which were needing original copies. It took 3 months for the result but its all worth it. It's just quite expensive but we just thought of being safe than sorry. The process wasn't easy. Very tough nowadays .... Good luck!

I think I need an advisor.....
    I've given the name of an advisor who has been used by folks here.

I'd additionally like to say for the benefit of all readers that If you have a budget for it and you are struggling for time in your life to spend on preparing a good application yourself (work commitments etc) and especially if you feel there are some weaknesses or complications that pull down your self-confidence, then it isn't a bad idea to hire a good experienced advisor.

The OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) has a responsibility for the regulation of Immigration Advisers.
    They make sure that the advisor is a fit and competent professional who can act in your best interests.

Do make sure the advisor you choose is a member and is experienced. Try to find one by the recommendation of others.
    Also do be sure that whoever you take on has experience with similar application cases to yours.

Personally I'd strongly suggest to only hire an OISC level 3 - Advocacy and Representation.
    Means a very high Level of knowledge of immigration law and practice, including a thorough conversance with relevant case law, human rights legislation and asylum law, where applicable.
    Importantly, only advisers regulated at Level 3 are allowed to represent clients at appeal hearings before an Immigration Judge.

There's a lot of people out there just waiting for your money.

One thing you can be sure of is that there are no short cuts or guarantees for a visa

Don't be taken in by claims of success rates. This is completely meaningless.

Also, always remember they cannot do all the work for you, they cannot collect all the documented evidence. You still need to do that yourself.
    All they can do is ask you to supply information and the UKBA required mandatory documentation.

The best webpage to help in finding an OISC regulated immigration adviser is here in this link

The OISC webpage is here

Most people do it themselves and very successfully too.

The important key is not to cut any corners. Be personally responsible to be sure all requirements are done and dusted, all supporting documents included.
    In short be fully compliant.

Our forum is good resource in helping that you do forget or miss anything.

You can always double check your advisor's advice here and help others by sharing your own experience.

Good luck to all

Respected Member
    Thankyou

... and yes, time pressure and work commitments have pushed me in this way. I am so appreciative of your posts Terpe, your sound advice is highly valued!

I will form a list of what we submit, and keep you all posted ... thankyou.

All of the documents that you'll need can be secured without too much pain or too much cost.

In terms of accommodation, in principle the ECO needs to be satisfied that:-

- The accommodation is availability and adequate
    - That (where applicable) the permission of the owner of the accommodation has been given
    - That no additional public funds will be necessary for accommodating the applicant in cases where the sponsor lives in accommodation from public funds.
    - It is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple
    - It is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985
    - There is no breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting

Documentary evidence could include:
    - Land Registry documents
    - mortgage statements
    - council tax statements
    - brief details of accommodation

You can get Land Registry documents about property and land from here
    Online copies will be fine.

Timi,
    Has your Fiancee already secured her English Language Test certificate ?
    Also does she have her TB certificate ?

These are the actions that can be organised now to save time and expense and allow focus on the key elements of Financials.

Has the online application process been registered yet? This can be done way ahead of time and can be logged into and changed any number of times. The online system take a bit of getting the hang of so well worth time now to iron out any issues.

Concerning Financials. The key documents such as bank statements cannot be older than 28 days max prior to submission of application. You'll need to consider this.

Respected Member
    Hi, thankyou Terpe, this last week Steff has been researching TB and English tests. Will speak to her today on results of those.

Have arranged bank statements and am trying to fix so extra (later) statements can be sent to Philippines if necessary. Thanks on 28-day rule - had picked that up from the forum, but it's a timely, useful reminder for others.

One thing I noticed. I have a 'rent a room' scheme in house (attic conversion) but still 4 beds available.

You mentioned exclusive use........presumably no need to declare that, but what do you think? May show on bank statements. Was thinking of appointing a surveyor to certify accommodation.

Overkill do you think?

Thankyou again for your time and patience helping all of us.

....you mentioned exclusive use........presumably no need to declare that, but what do you think? May show on bank statements. Was thinking of appointing a surveyor to certify accommodation.

Overkill do you think?

Thankyou again for your time and patience helping all of us.
    The 'exclusive use' part is only applicable to those couples who will be renting a room in a shared house.
    Since you own the property it doesn't apply.

I think there may be something about who else is living in the house etc in the application form but can't be sure. There's no need to make special mention of it otherwise.

You won't need a property report. Everything can be mentioned briefly in the supporting letter and will also be available form the online registry document.

That's the accommodation part done and dusted.

Respected Member
    Thankyou Terpe for clarification, it's such a HUGE help, and today will re read all posts I found on fiancée visa and requirements, thankyou all who posted and have helped us

Respected Member
    Hi Terpe and all. Thankyou and SIGNIFICANT, as I'm SELF EMPLOYED. Tax Return, Accounts for last year, Accountant's Certification and SA302
    but BANK STATEMENTS MUST BE FOR TAX YEAR submitted - NOT 28 day rule like NON self employed.

You mentioned this on another thread on Bank Statements, so thankyou.
    Sorry about caps - wanted others to spot this easily.
    I nearly went to Philippines with wrong Bank Statements!!!

Thankyou yet again - nearly there with all documents

Thread Information